[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, Just bought a 2010 camaro 2ss with a 6 spd..wanting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: camaro.jpg (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
camaro.jpg
8KB, 240x160px
Hey guys, Just bought a 2010 camaro 2ss with a 6 spd..wanting to make it a drag car hoping to get at least 650hp to the wheels..any ideas what to do? i've never worked with a camaro before..Also general Drag car thread/ horsepower freak thread
>>
File: civic vs camaro.jpg (41KB, 593x519px) Image search: [Google]
civic vs camaro.jpg
41KB, 593x519px
>buying a car that is literally slower than a 20 year old civic
>>
>>14132617
You dun goofed m8. 2010 camaros were shit.
>>
>>14132658
Mine is going in a straight line, no turns involved your argument is invalid
>>
>>14132662
Yeah i know i read alot about them, have a shit load of recalls and tsbs...
>>
congrats man, hope you enjoy it
>>
>>14132658
>pretending
>>
>>14132681
>mad
>>
Supercharger and NAWWWS
>>
>>14132701
i was thinking about better internals and running 150 shot through it..im also thinking about heads and cam..i think i want to run a procharger on it
>>
>>14132694
>sad
>>
>>14132734
I would be if my car were slower than a civic KEK
>>
>>14132742
>A civic not sold in the US.
>>
File: 1400890630195.jpg (56KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1400890630195.jpg
56KB, 342x342px
>>14132754
>and has to wait 25 years to import one

KEK!!
>>
>>14132759
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
File: 600full-p_j_-o'rourke.jpg (117KB, 200x334px) Image search: [Google]
600full-p_j_-o'rourke.jpg
117KB, 200x334px
>>14132759
And then after that long wait he finds out he got trolled!
>>
File: 1342072031049.jpg (10KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
1342072031049.jpg
10KB, 266x190px
>>14132617
If you have to make a thread on /o/ asking "what to do" while building a drag car, then you probably don't have a place building a drag car, let alone owning a car over 150hp. And I'm assuming by "I've never worked with a Camaro" you mean "I've only ever picked up a wrench to take my license plate off".

If by some chance you are serious and your post is only coming across as amateur, then I'd recommend you sell the Slomaro and pick up something cheaper to build a drag car out of. More money for go fast parts, said go fast parts will be MUCH more affordable, and when you eventually eat a wall or blow the goddamn thing up it's cheap to repair and if by some chance you are a competent mechanic, easy to fix yourself.

Best of luck with your pigfat midlife crisis mobile. It's gonna hurt getting beat by Ebay turbo Civics.
>>
>>14132820
You're hilarious, ive already built a charger with one of my friends adn helped my friend install a turbo on one of his civics. idk much about what the best for camaros is..the main thing im concerned about with this car is the rear end..im perfectly fine with the engine, i was simply asking for opinions and with that being said thank you for yours
>>
Upgraded half shafts
Uograded clutch
Ls9 cam shaft
Upgraded pistons and connecting rod
Supercharger and intercooler
Drag radials
>>
>>14132617

Noice

Upgrades you'd need with that car to get to 650 to the wheels
-Clutch upgrade, stock doesn't handle too much over 450
-Half shafts on the SS snap around 500, so go with the ZL1 half shafts. Guys on the Camaro5 forums are running 600+ HP on stock half shafts/stock rear ends
-You'll need boost and a blower cam
-Upgrade your cooling and add meaty tires
-2010's have softer suspension setups, so coilovers would be a good mod to keep you from ruining your rear end after a few launches.

The cast internals are strong, no real need to dive into those. Just upgrade your valvetrain to handle the boost and the slightly larger cam. Like anon said in this thread, LS9 cam would be a good blower cam to do the job. You'll probably have to go with a fatter cam than the LS9 cam though if you want 650 at the wheels, but there is plenty of aftermarket blower cams that make big power.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.