[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 2016-GLE-CLASS-SUV-HOMEPAGE-TR.jpg (163KB, 1536x640px) Image search: [Google]
2016-GLE-CLASS-SUV-HOMEPAGE-TR.jpg
163KB, 1536x640px
Why doesnt /o/ like newer cars?
>>
But lots of "/o/" (people on /o/) does.
I don't, though.
>>
/o/ has shit taste

the majority think 80s cars look good ffs
>>
>>14128755
Pic related is a great example of why.
>tall as fuck
>heavy as fuck
>3 mile long dashboards
>no windows
>grrr angry face
>>
>>14128762
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>
>>14128769
see what I mean

the taste is so shit they try to dismiss anyone who calls them out with memes and damage control
>>
>>14128776
No, you're just shitposting for the sake of it. That's why I'm calling you out.
>>
>>14128784
nope

Im giving the reason

you just got offended by it
>>
File: 2012-BMW-3-Series-Interior-1.jpg (290KB, 1600x1160px) Image search: [Google]
2012-BMW-3-Series-Interior-1.jpg
290KB, 1600x1160px
/o/ thinks this looks bad
>>
>>14128755
Poverty.
>>
>>14128755
Most look ugly as shit and angry that my kids are scared to go near them in the auto-show.
>>
>>14128794
it does, my 90's 3-series is a much simple beast, though it is missing 30 beasts under the hood
>>
>>14128794
that steering wheel.. eeugh

otherwise men
>>
>>14128755

Because electronics and computers
>>
>>14128755
I like plenty of new cars; they're all pretty niche, sure, but there's a good variety of appealing vehicles being made nowadays.

The thing is, I think, newer non-enthusiast cars are of less interest to me and, I think a lot of /o/, because the world in general wants safe, predictable handling, very light steering and no reason to rev beyond 2,500 or so, and nowadays we have the tech to provide all of that. Means new boring cars are more boring than older boring cars.
>>
>>14128774
Looks pretty comfy. However:
>FWD
>That price
>>14128794
Wheel looks cheap and clashing material colors don't look that great either. I've seen worse modern interiors though.
>>
>>
/o/ can't afford to like them
>>
>>14128755
they cant afford one
>>
File: ABS_ESP-ECU-L_w734.jpg (52KB, 734x350px) Image search: [Google]
ABS_ESP-ECU-L_w734.jpg
52KB, 734x350px
Mandatory ABS / traction control / stability control. Electronic throttles with smoothness filters. LED strips. DAT MASS. RWD is rare. Manuals are rare. Pedestrian safety laws make cars bulky in certain areas, limiting design options. Screens in dashboards. GPS. Cell phone integration. Mandatory TPMS. Electronic variable steering. Emissions laws are based on wheelbase; this killed the small, manual, RWD truck. Too many rigid body lines, not enough sweeping curves and real fender flares.

To sum it up: I like the advancements in power and reliability, but cars these days are much less driver-oriented than their 90's counterparts.

Pic related: this kills the car.
>>
>>14128755
because /o/ can't afford newer cars, and the ones they have experience with are boring, ugly commuter vehicles. Thus, they believe all newer cars are like that, and also believe older cars are more fun and good looking, because thats how the old Mazda that they own is.

Note that /o/'s opinions change when the newer cars get a bit older and cheaper.
>>
>>14128755

>because buying new is wasting money hurdur
>because depreciation
>because 90's is best
>because I like and recommend cars I'll never have.
>because practical and comfort is overrated
>because aftermarket and proven racong platforms
>>
File: murka.png (256KB, 503x412px)
murka.png
256KB, 503x412px
>>14129160
>manuals are rare
'MERICA
>>
>>14128955
>Looks pretty comfy
It /looks/ comfy, but it isn't really. Go and sit in one, it's all low quality plastics. I was very disappointed when I got to try one because the interior is just a notch ahead of the Mustang's...not very good for a car that offers less performance for much more money.
>>
File: 1437213613921.jpg (574KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1437213613921.jpg
574KB, 1920x1200px
>>14129160
This is it right here

There's little to no driver involvement with most newer cars.

I like newer cars for commuting, long distance driving and hauling stuff, but for "driving" I much prefer a light weight, RWD car devoid of most electronics, with good visibility and a simple motor I can work on myself.
>>
Most of /o/ are weebs who like their jap shit from the 90's
>>
>>14128763
>suv is too tall
LOL
>heavy
Blame the government, and safety standards faggot.
>long dash boards
Have you ever seen a car before?
>no windows
I don't even know what this means
>grrr angry face
So cars should look the same forever and never evolve? Okay.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.