[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid shit that previous owners did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 14

File: Why-Jackie.jpg (67KB, 585x400px) Image search: [Google]
Why-Jackie.jpg
67KB, 585x400px
The guy who sold me my Miata apparently did some weird air box snorkel delete, so that it just sucks in hot air from the hole in the back of the stock box, which is right next to the exhaust manifold. Wish I'd noticed it when I bought the car, but I had no frame of reference for what a normal engine bay should look like. Now I've gotta go buy an OEM snorkel, or possibly rig my own knowing that it'll never perform as well.

Anyway, post stupid shit that previous owners have done.
>>
>>14123377
You poor thing.
How ever will you survive!!!!
>>
Does what the order itself is, count? The original buyer if grandfather's Mustang decided upon a combination of: base plastic steering wheel (deluxe was metal), no power steering, and the heaviest engine available that year. The string wheel has broken at least once, he told me.
>>
>>14123377
>what is a junkyard?

p/o (or rather a mechanic the p/o used since they were total casuals) broke the pcv crankcase hose on my volvo 850 and just t'd the broken nipple off into the manifold vacuum tree for some reason with some fuel line. took a while to figure out.
>>
>shitty ghetto wired cheap ass stereo
>still left the original stereo in
>wired a single speaker for the new stereo
>didn't even solder it properly
>burnt contacts and melted plastic around the new ghetto speaker

I don't even know why.
>>
>bent rear subframe
>bent clutch lever
>bent gear shifter
>bent brake pedal
>fuel petcock permanently on
>throttle doesn't snap back
>leftover wiring from shiftily installed light system
>rear fairing held on with gorilla glue
>Red paint fading

At least it starts, has new tires, and fluids changed. The frame is straight too, thank god.

1991 Honda VFR750F
>>
>>14123377
>previous owner

But my car didn't have any.
>>
>Gay ass stereo
>Illegal as fuck window tint (35% on windshield, 5% everywhere else, 5% sunstrip on top of the 35%)
>Gay as fuck wheels with the cheapest tires possible (I PAID 1200 FOR THEM BRUH, no the owner of the car you traded for this thing paid $700 you fucking scam artist)
>Dumped a fuckload of lucas oil treatment to the oil instead of changing it/topping it up
>TAR ON THE GOD DAMNED FRONT DOOR WEATHER STRIPPING TO MAKE IT "LOOK RIGHT" YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THIS STUFF OFF GOD DAMMIT
>>
Instead of just broken/missing parts I'll say what he really did. Set the odometer back 100k. Rip me
>>
>>14128831
Isn't that like lawsuit tier?
>>
>>14128407

good for you, nobody gives a shit.
>>
Pressure washed an original cloth interior on a 79 Hurst Olds
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>14128424
what the fuck? pics?
>>
>>14128398
>bent clutch lever
>bent gear shifter
>bent brake pedal

Who the fuck was the owner, Hulk Hogan?
>>
Somehow managed to spill antifreeze in the battery compartment in the boot... and juts kinda left it there for whatever reason
>>
>>14128868
Yes, but since it's a certain number of years old the mileage was not stated on the title. I haven't really looked into it, but I don't think I can do anything.
>>
>>14128931
more like crashy mcskiderson
>>
>>14128868
>>14128831

This is pretty much expected on used cars in eastern urop.
>>
>buy used v8
>is completely stock and almost perfect
>Owner leaves dishcloths all over the car from cleaning it even though it was in a closed garage
>???
Only stupid thing he did was leave spare parts in the boot that got a little moldy and didnt clean the MAF apart from that its the cleanest car i have ever owned
>>
Shit. I guess I take my jag for granted.

>bought at 251k km
>weirdest thing i founr was that the valet switch was unplugged, probably because the trunk wiring was frayed to shit
Looked under the cam cover... looks great for the age and mileage. Suspension is all in check. The toe is way out on the alignment and the front pirellis were the worst shape tires the shop had ever seen, so I'm guessing the most recent owner was a woman. Nothing has been niggered with. The car runs stronk.
>mfw everyone wants to charge me 200 bux for a front end alignment because "those old jags r hard! !1"
It's not hard you twats. It's the same as any other fucking car.
>>
>>14123377
Three switches for rear fog lights.
None work
>>
>>14129032
nice work anon my barge was oly 4k australian which is like 3k merrybucks and i got valour and leather wheel

i wish every car ive bought came from rich mechanics but i never got this lucky before
>Rear tyres 3 years old
>dryrotted
>almost crash after fishtailing
>NOPE NOPE
>first paycheck i got 18x9 rears
>>
>>14129032
>mfw everyone wants to charge me 200 bux for a front end alignment because "those old jags r hard! !1"

Everyone will charge premium for a luxobarge, even if its an old luxobarge.
>>
>>14129078
I know, and I'm calling them out on that gay bullshit.

Gonna have to adjust it myself. It won't be perfect but it will be better than pointing out a huge amount.
>>
The bumfuck idiots that owned my brother's '64 Fairlane before him rewired the turn signals with speaker wire.

We learned about it by seeing sick disco lights as the car died mid-turn on the way home at 11PM.
>>
File: 5F4Mjng[1].jpg (868KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
5F4Mjng[1].jpg
868KB, 2592x1944px
>>14128914
He did this on both front doors
>>
>>14129137
oh god
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 320x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 320x440px
>>14129137

WTF, how did you not see that?
>>
>>14129173
I did. Guy was a known scam artist. My car was getting in too rough shape and I couldn't afford the repairs, so I offered him a trade. After we switched cars he tried scamming me on the tires that were meant to go with this one (fuel pump line rusted through and died on a 2010 Accent, yea right buddy), but joke's on him because he got a car that nobody will want to buy from him (lelmetric) and wasn't legally imported
>>
>>14128948
Sorry if I confused anyone, I meant 100k as in 100,000 miles not 100 kilometers.
>>
>>14128931

Great question. I bought the bike off of the PO's nephew. He held the bike for his uncle in storage so he says and it got banged a dropped a couple of times.

I think he's not telling the full story, since there were also Boricua stickers on the windscreen and those lights. I think the PO was a squid who got #rekt.
>>
File: MiataProgress.jpg (523KB, 1311x953px) Image search: [Google]
MiataProgress.jpg
523KB, 1311x953px
The '95 Eclipse I bought in 2006: Fucking window tint, fuck that bubbly shit, so hard to remove. Wires everywhere for a stereo system that was probably removed. Then there was the welded-on axle-back muffler...

My current '95 Miata: Previous owner lived on coastal Florida and left the miata on the dirt in his yard during hurricane Katrina with a rip in the top. The underside and engine were covered in hard southern clay when I bought it and the interior was moldy as fuck.
>>
>>14123377
>didn't run carfax like the idiot 16-year-old me really was
>take out seats and center console to replace some mildly scraped panels and shampoo interior
>glass. glass everywhere

i learned my lesson
>>
>3 previous female owners
they accidentally the whole car
>>
>>14129380
And the car is probably full of sperm
>>
>>14129380
>>14129398
Damn bro. How bad does it smell? Have you found any dirty tampons or shit like that? There was a Bobby pin underneath the full sized spare in my car. Lord knows what the fuck some bitch was trying to do.
>>
>buy triumph tt600 off cl without knowing much about them
>look at pictures of the bike online after i get it
>it doesnt look anything like my bike after the rear of the tank
>research and find out the seat, fairings, and everything else from that point came off a late 90's model gsxr600
>wires coming from r/r had been "repaired" by being chopped off and reconnected by new wire with terminals
>half of these terminal connections were visibly molten
>had led lights with wires hanging near the chain
>stock license plate holder replaced with one that sticks off on the far left of the bike and requires the plate be bent to fit
>front brake fluid reservoir was covered with crown royal bag
>cut it off to discover the reservoir was leaky and only held to the bike by what looks like a full roll of electrical tape wrapped around it
>>
>>14129414
I exagerated, but no I haven't found any nasty shit
>>
>>14124220
That's the good old American mentality that drove out car industry to shit for a good while. The image and satisfaction of a big engine, but cheaping out on the things that matter.
>>
File: 20150225_181332.jpg (920KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20150225_181332.jpg
920KB, 2048x1536px
Rear brake hose is held closed with ziptied pliers.
>>
File: 1429729935270.gif (860KB, 600x313px) Image search: [Google]
1429729935270.gif
860KB, 600x313px
>tfw previous owner gave the undercarriage an oil bath
>>
File: VolkswagenBeetle-001.jpg (2MB, 2696x2022px) Image search: [Google]
VolkswagenBeetle-001.jpg
2MB, 2696x2022px
>get 1970 beetle
>looked like pic related but with bigger turn signals, slightly different wheels, and no antenna
>liscence plate light was disconnected, repaired the day I got it to make it legal
>get in accident, need new fenders and trunk lid
>research into replacement body parts
>revelation that not only are the fenders, bumpers, trunk lid wrong year parts, the entire car is a 1970 masquerading as a '60s
mongrel mixture
>no wonder the defroster is shit, 3/4 of the vent system is missing
>no wonder there's no VIN on the dash, the plastic dash got removed to make it look retro
>no wonder there's a load of wires connected to nothing, a lot of miscellaneous things got removed

fucking hell, at least it's alright mechanically
>>
>buy first car
>is e46
>check hoses
>shits fucked
>replacing shit
>get to ccv
>find a goddamned tire pressure gauge resting on the block underneath the intake manifold
>kept the thing i laughed so hard

the guy who had this thing before also used a wrong sized oil pan drain plug somehow and reused the crushwasher for it.
>>
>>14131414
also
>both side door mounted mirrors replaced with single hinge pin mounted mirror like the pic
>installed similar passenger mirror to keep it matching and to not buy both more expensive mirrors
>marine gauges used instead of normal instruments
>found that out when the fuel sender (also marine, for compatibility with replacement fuel gauge) leaked while the tank was full
>>
>>14123377

Sold their car
>>
>>14131490

>5 years ago
>guy has a gorgeous 1986 442 in a grocery store parking lot, looks brand new despite being 30 years old
>ask him about it, 15k original kilometers, looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor
>he says he's thinking about selling it because his whole family doesn't fit in it
>buy it from him for $6,500
>a couple months later, see him again
>his wife is driving a brand new Jeep Cherokee with a smashed front fender and there are 3 little bratty children running around him, the youngest is half black for some reason
>he looks completely dead inside
>lights up when he sees me and his old car, compliments the waxing and polish job I did
>offer to buy him a drink later on but never get a call back

Poor guy.
>>
>>14131414
congrats you bought a super beetle
>beetles are shit though what were you thinking
>>
>>14123377
>2001 Ford F-150.
PO installed their own security system
>One day it is parallel parked on the street and someone bumps into it.
>Horn goes off continuously until the battery is nearly dead. When I got to it there was smoke coming out of the module under the hood.
>took me a week to get all that stuff ripped out and get the truck to start again.
>>
>>14123377
1993 Mazda B2600i
PO did their own egnine swap.
AC system hacked to bits, never got it working
wires all around the engine bay were clipped off or tied into each other like you wouldn't believe.
Oxygen sensors were replaced with resistors of apparently appropriate value.
had this horrible ticking noise that i thought was valve tick. Turns out it was a solenoid valve for the gas tank fume recircling. I just unplugged it.
Somehow there was a ground loop or something with the chassis wiring. When you turned on the lights, the radio would go out.
>>
>>14131490
This.

Previous owner of my Cavalier LS Sport traded it in on a new base model Cobalt.

Pretty sure i got the better end of that deal.
>>
File: 1RAFErd.png (622KB, 852x1168px) Image search: [Google]
1RAFErd.png
622KB, 852x1168px
>replaced stock mats with ed hardy mats

If I find him, I'm slapping him in the face
>>
File: IMG_20151214_31450.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151214_31450.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
He didn't put cotter pins on the front lower control arms. One arm fell off the hub when I took a corner. Had to spend 90 bucks on a tow truck. Also broke the CV axle.

He also only had the transmission mount on with one bolt. The other two threads were stripped. It being my first manual, I blew up the OEM mount and it snapped the same CV axle.

I need to inspect cars more thoroughly when I buy them.
>>
Driving my car, it's basically a rap video with skanky women everywhere, they notice the exterior paint from parking lot scrapes, I tell them it's from the previous owner, they're understanding but start acting different.
>>
>>14129419
>triumph/gsxr shitbike

I need pix.
>>
>>14129380
Lol
>>
>>14129120
at least the blink sound was loud and crisp
>>
File: 1451282794370.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451282794370.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>previous owner was a schizophrenic who killed himself
>every car he owned he ripped off the VIN plate for some reason
>VIN and Chassis dont match
why, im not even legally supposed to drive this car now

Coincidentaly and luckily he sold me a parts car that has its chassis matching my VIN so im swapping around the numbers
>>
i scored a subaru outback, but the previous owner had mesh camo over the rear hatch window.

you know, the peel and stick camo that it pretty much just mesh vinyl?
>>
>>14129340
How did u clean that
>>
They needed an earth for a tv tuner, so he put a self tapper through the floor under the passenger seat.
>>
>>14132432
It's not a super though, those have strut front suspension and a shorter front end.
>>
>>14123377
Some one put an after market non functional hoodscoop on my C30.. i want it gone in the worst way

why?
>>
Previous owner of my car left money in the cup holders, thanks for the free cash you retarded faggot.
>>
>Tells me that the trunk doesn't open with the keyfob
>Doesn't realize there's a button in the glove compartment to turn this on/off
>>
>>14132802
i swapped dashes on my prelude, and i ripped out the vin plate from my old dash, that was then on the other prelude. Haven't swapped it cause desu i don't know how exactly, so i'm driving my car with the wrong vin plate on it..
>>
File: Merica.jpg (970KB, 1528x1816px) Image search: [Google]
Merica.jpg
970KB, 1528x1816px
>>14123377
PO told me that the rockers on my XJ were solid, and that they had only had a small 2" area of minor surface rust that he had sanded off. Both rockers were painted with this cheap rubbery bed liner stuff that he told me he put on after he sanded down the rust. I tapped around there with my finger to try finding body filler or something, but this rubbery bed liner made everything feel/sound the same. Wasn't really worried about it because I had wanted to replace the rockers with 2x6 tubing some time down the line anyway. A few months later, the bed liner started turning all brown around where he told me the rust had been. Wire wheeled it all down to bare metal, and found 5 holes that he patched with fucking plaster of paris. Not even bondo or anything, but the stuff you use to fill nail holes in drywall. That stuff must've absorbed and held water making the rot holes way worse. I cleaned them up and patched it all with fiberglass reinforced bondo as a temp fix until I replace them with 2x6 tubing.

He also painted the grill, headlight bezels, and turn signals to look like the American flag. It looked ridiculous, and having red turn signals isn't legal, so I repainted it black and wet sanded + polished the turn signals. Looks way better in my opinion.
>>
>>14128424
And you still bought it?
Wtf is wrong with you
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 750x1108px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 750x1108px
Hey guys, i got a puerto-ricanmobile here.. $900 dollar shitbox.
>slow oil leak, needs 1/2 quart topped off every few weeks, pitch black oil upon changing for first time.

>some shitty autozone cold-air intake, makes throttle laggy

>"Fear This" stickers on front of side mirrors
>Front grille is is swapped out for steel mesh used for construction/tile work

>no A/C

>Heat barely works

>when I got it, it had Tires from 3-4 years ago, something from Firestone that were recalled because they had the tendency to explode

>mfw oh fuck when the tire guy told me about that

>so light and top-heavy, has 3.2 V6, so RWD wheelslips in the rain.

>New tires put on, discovered bubble in front right tire back in May

>mfw I still drive on bubble tire and do highway speeds 80mph+ and hit potholes all the time

>dual exhaust from flowmaster Y-pipe

>Y most likely meaning Why the fuck

>How the fuck is my car not dead when all the hoses are held together by Home Depot-worthy plumbing supplies
>how the fuck, /o/?
>>
>>14134700
Are you kidding that American flag grill is sick what the fuck
>>
Nothing, I've owned all my cars from new.
>>
>>14132386
He probably thought you were gay
>>
>>14123377
Check this shit out
>Be me
>buys a DD grade old beater toyota Celica, knew it wasn't gonna be good cuz the guy was a poorfag
>Have owned these before, and has supra wheels on it
>know the supra wheels take lug-centric nuts because 80s toyota
>fucker didnt wanna buy the right lugnuts, so just drilled out the wheels to take regular lugs, and did a really shitty job too
>MFW i cant fucking sell this perfect pair of extra rims because the last owner was a cuck
>>
>>14134849
this, you done fucked up anon
>>
Left some weed under the center console.

>captcha knows
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.