[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the center lock hub/wheel kit from Hard Motorsports any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (165KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 800x800px
Are the center lock hub/wheel kit from Hard Motorsports any good?
>>
>>14122118

>Center lock

Are you building a race only track car where you need quick pit stop?

No?

Then you're cancerous rice.
>>
>>14122125
/thread
>>
>>14122125
Building a track car actually.

Also so you're saying the 911 GT3 RS wheels are rice then?
>>
>>14122118
the torque required might make changing a flat tire needlessly difficult lest you have a bar extension or multiplier
>>
Is it an actual hub or is it an adapter that bolts into the 5 lugs? If it's the former it's probably shit, if it's the latter it's for sure shit.

Even if you do get a proper setup they aren't good for the street and long term use, Porsche had to recall theirs due to them becoming loose over time and a few cars losing wheels. Plus you need special tools to get them on and off, at my shop we have a 700 psi nitrogen tank connected to a 3/4" drive impact to get them off and a 600 ft/lb split beam torque wrench to torque them down, you can't do it with normal 1/2" drive stuff.
>>
>>14122141
The gt3 rs is meant to be a track car.

It's like you're a mongoloid.
>>
>>14122141

A the 911 GT3 RS is a track oriented car that happens to be street legal.

B the 911 GT3 RS is designed with a center lock hub and upright from the get go. OP is referring to a conversion that uses the standard hub and upright with an adapter to run centerlock. It's heavier than either setup, it's no longer a hardcore racing part but a mostly looks deal so it's rice.
>>
>>14122141

If you're building a track car then go with a billet wide 5 hub or something similar. Lighter than any center lock setup you'll be able to get your hands on and you can run lighter wheels too. A track car isn't a race car it doesn't need a fast pit stop. I know you're not actually building a car serious enough to even warrant a center lock anyway because you're posting on /o/. And you're certainly not building a race car but maybe at best a cobbled together occasional track day car that wouldn't be competitive in any class and even if it was you probably suck at driving. Most like you're just underage dreaming.
>>
>>14122179
dat projection
>>
File: Hard Motorsport Center Lock.png (212KB, 901x587px) Image search: [Google]
Hard Motorsport Center Lock.png
212KB, 901x587px
Here's what Hard Motorsport offers. The adapter comes with some low quality $300 wheel that weighs 20+ lbs. The Porsche center lock setup that utilizes a proper center locking hub costs over $2k just for the center lock hub.
>>
File: 1449367499757.jpg (21KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
1449367499757.jpg
21KB, 400x268px
>>14122210
>>
>>14122219

Right? It looks like a flimsy wheel spacer with a threaded stub cast into it that is supposed to bolt to your hub and handle the force of a centerlock wheel. I wouldn't go 55 mph on smooth concrete in a straight line with that.
>>
ITT: op does/says some stupid shit and /o/ calls him out on it. OP then makes some stupid shit up to rationalise his intent and gets called out on it being stupid shit.

i.e. 90% of all /o/ threads
>>
>>14122267

Bro when pay $100 to drive my non-M BMW with M badges 25 mph around some cones at a local parking lot and stand around for 8 hours chasing cones I need to be able to turn just 4 nuts instead of 20 so I can swap my Korean Sumitomo tires for Hoosiers on my CAI only car.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.