[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Porsches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

So i'm looking to buy a 2nd hand porsche soon and i'm curious as to which ones are the best from a tuner platform perspective.

I'm already aware the SUV's and boxters are production line garbage and a waste of money, but i hear good things about the higher end ones.

Yes, i'm aware it's a moneysink (i've just spent a fuckload on a skyline GTR) and while i'm familiar with modding my ride, i honestly know very little about porsches other than i'm liking the look of a few 911's.

Anyone here own one?
>>
>redpill me
Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>14115628
Degenerate detected.

Anyway, i would help you if i knew anything about porsche myself OP.
>>
Don't be so quick to dismiss boxsters. They're some of the best roadsters ever made.
>>
>>14115642
they're good if you're not chasing power.

OP's obviously going to go for power.
>>
File: 007-50-years-of-porsche-911.jpg (314KB, 1920x1103px) Image search: [Google]
007-50-years-of-porsche-911.jpg
314KB, 1920x1103px
Can't say much apart from that they try to keep the ideal shape and the icon intact.
They aren't following silly trends like angry eyes everywhere, or tiny windows (pic related).
Also they are good for city usage (source Top Gear). I wouldn't tune a Porsche unnecessary, if at all.
>>
>>14115628
This. We have a good board here. Back to /v/ or /pol/ or /a/ or whatever shithole you frequent
>>
>>14115550
>GT3's and GT2's
Fucking awesome cars
>Other 911's
Flat VW Beetles and not worth the money
>>
>>14115550
you sound like a cunt tbhfam
>>
>>14115722
I should've said that I never drove a 911 Turbo tho
>>
>>14115550
nine four four
>>
>>14115722
So i should be looking at getting a GT3/2 and not something like the 911 turbo S?
>>
>>14115550
I live in Finland and in the summers I drive a Porsche 997.1 C2S, I love it. Good amount of power and the handling is just pure sex. Roads with alot of corners are incredibly fun to drive.
>>
Please don't buy a Porsche. No one needs people like you in the community.
>>
>>14115550
Only 997 turbos have good engine. Other have shit engine. If you going to buy a used car, better prepare yourself for costly repair bill.
>>
>>14115958
Fuck off, someone that actually wants to tune their car to be even better is welcome.
>>
>>14115987
>>14115832
Thanks, i'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>14116000

Someone who knows nothing about the cars or brand and comes to 4chan to be "red pilled" is not.
>>
>>14116005
More like he just wanted a quick start on the brand. At least he was honest and said he knew nothing.

I would help if i knew shit about german cars.

You're just being an autistic fuck right now anon, there's no reason to get so mad, seriously.
>>
>>14115550
Giving you the biggest redpill m8.

NEVER take advise from /o/
>>
>>14116011
I came here just for a bit of info and figured a few people here might have one, that's all.

I plan to do more research later.
>>
>>14116009

>research on 4chan

Why would you assume I'm mad? I even said please.
>>
>>14116012

I own one OP.

Do you have a lift in your garage? If not, I wouldn't recommend a 911.

If you're thinking of modifying a GT2 or GT3 (even a 996) you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>14115550

>redpill me

The best way to recognize lesser humans
>>
>>14115987
Literally what, 996 just had the IMS problem but the flat six is incredibly reliable.
>>
>>14115550
Difficult to answer when the only spec you give us is "2nd hand".

What price range and year are you looking at?
I wouldn't get a GT2 or GT3 to use as a "tuner platform" to be honest, nor would I get a Turbo S. I'm guessing you want easy power, most tuners do, so get a Turbo.

ALWAYS buy a car with a detailed, full service history. Always buy a car in good condition from soneone who seems to have actually cared about it. Some Porsches are becoming so cheap that retards can afford them, skip maintenance and then give the brand a bad rep. Don't buy one of those cars.

RMS and IMS isn't really an issue if you are familiar with cars and the noises they make. RMS is just a seal that leaks oil, easy to spot under the car. IMS is a bearing on the shaft that connects the crank to the cam chain. If this fails catastrophically the pistons make contact with the valves and you need a new engine. It does, however, fail in the same way every other bearing fails i.e. vibrating, humming and other symptoms occur long before the actuall shaft comes lose.

Anyway, specify what model you're after and maybe I'll be able to help more.

Also, this guy >>14115987 is full of shit.
>>
>>14116116

997 had the same problem until 2009.
>>
>>14115667
why do you even associate that cancer with any board?
It's just some normie using words he can't understand, he's not from this site at all
>>
>>14115657
You don't change something that is perfect.
>>
>>14115987

completely wrong, the 996 turbo and 997.1 turbos have the good mezger derived from the GT1, the 997.2 is built using thinner cylinder walls. That is why the best tuning cars are the 996tt and 997.1tt, which can easily be modded up to 800-900 hp
>>
>>14116185
Actually the IMS on 997.1 is alot stronger and its a miracle to break it. 997.2 fixed the problem compelety.
>>
>>14115645
911 engine swap
>>
>>14115642
this, boxster=fun
>>
>>14117416
OP isn't looking for fun, he's looking for numbers
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.