[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dilemma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: dilemma_o_730823_1.jpg (21KB, 258x212px) Image search: [Google]
dilemma_o_730823_1.jpg
21KB, 258x212px
still looking for another car and I now have $9k usd to spend

i could put the money down to finance a brand new shitbox because muh warranty or I could get a really good used car with rwd and a manual

im thinking maybe I could get a NA miata or 240SX for a weekend warrior, do bare minimum insurance and put the rest down on a new shitbox to DD

so i have 3 choices
>g35
>kia soul
>kia soul of + NA miata or 240SX

g35 (my choice after tons of research)
+
>rwd
>manual
>good looks
>very nimble for a near 3400lb car
>plenty of power to keep me happy for a long time but not exactly too much
-
>maintenance is all on you
>05+ have chance of burning oil (oh boo hoo $10 of oil every 1000 miles or a $300 catch can)
>have to deal with the whole douchey vapefag stigma (eh the mazda3 had a ricer stigma but I never really cared)
>between 8 and 13 years old (doesn't really matter to me)
>most in my budget have over 100k miles (doesn't really matter to me)

kia soul (they're like 12 grand in my area and everything else in it's class is inferior...also I don't have a good enough job to finance more than that...otherwise I'd get a 2016 mazda3)
+
>somewhat cozy for a shitbox
>nobody has driven it before
>I'll be building up a credit score
>muh warranty
-
>clutch pedal is way too high with a far as fuck throw to the point where it's undriveable so I would have no choice but to get the autotragic (for a better explanation you might want to look at car throttles review of the jaguar f type with the manual)
>if I show up to streets of willow in one then I'll be banned forever (for if I don't get a miata)
>complete downgrade from the memezda
>would probably be seen as a normie

NA miata
>every car guy not pushing the stupid hairdresser meme should already know

240sx
>every car guy should already know

i still want to get a g35 but I'm starting to have trust issues about it and maybe the buildup of credit would be worth it in the long run
>>
You'll regret the miata but not the 240sx
>>
you need driving school you fat fuck
>>
>>14115317
if it's because of power then you don't have to worry be throwing in a bmw s85 anyway somehow
>>
>>14115306
>trust issues of a car
No, you have it wrong. The car should be scared of you.
>>
>>14115404
>>14115342
samefag
>>
File: 1448419117987.jpg (158KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
1448419117987.jpg
158KB, 1152x864px
>>14115404
>The car should be scared of you.
this is his last car and he crashed on a road whose only turn was a large sweeping corner lmao. faggot needs to stick to the bus or he will kill someone.
>>
>>14115462
seems like you've been on there right?
>>
>>14115462
Ah yes, the "rolled" car that suffered no structural damage, no broken glass aside from the rear, and no missing mirrors. Hell, even that antenna isn't bent.
>>
>>14115462
Ugh. Poor baby. What happened to the vic? it looked alright.

And I say whatever you find a good deal on without financing over your budget. However, in your budget I would avoid something super cheap if you need to commute. How about a 1.2k miata and a 6k toyotiac vibe for hauling? Or get another mazda or ford hatch and live with it.
>>
File: impala.jpg (147KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
impala.jpg
147KB, 1200x799px
>>14115306

Get an Impala.
>>
i'm not going to quit a passion just because i fucked up

i remember chris angel almost killed someone but he still practices magic to this day

https://youtu.be/c1VG7ELws3g

>>14115480
i would prefer something more nimble

i'm only considering getting a miata/240 on the side is because the cheapest brand new dailiable non-tuck car with rwd and a manual are both the bmw 328i and cadilac ats with some sort of deal for 30 grand and i don't want to spend years paying for something like that

>>14115514
that changed to fwd years ago
>>
File: 1447818575572.jpg (20KB, 264x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447818575572.jpg
20KB, 264x300px
>>14115520
>muh rwd
>>
>>14115520
>comparing driving to fucking illusions
>not going to quit but not going to get a proper driving education
Be sure to save some money for a go pro. I want to see your next "rollover."
>>
>>14115520
>plastidiping your econobox and driving off cliffs
>passion
you can't even handle a fwd commuter car, don't bother complaining about drivetrains
>>
>>14115520
>9k
your ass is broke negro. get a new-ish car with a fucking warranty.

>referencing chris angel
you are a massive fagot.

>may...maybe if I get ghetto mexican insurance for $25/month I can get two cars
And you wont have a dime to fix either.

Are you black by chance? You seem black.
>>
>>14115520
>implying there is anything wrong with FWD in a DD
>>
>>14115545
no but i would like to have just one car
>>14115532
pic related
>>14115528
>not going to get a proper driving education
never said i wasn't......was probably gonna have to learn to drift anyway
>>14115528
nigga i was unconsious, it's what people told me
>>14115540
honestly nah....white
>>
>>14115607
>being so stupid you believe them
>>
>>14115607
Mate, your next accident is going to be your last. You can't even handle a low power car, what makes you think a faster car is going to be safer?
>>
>>14115607
>cant drive a car spiritedly without going off a road
>wants to learn to drift
comfirmed shitter, find another hobby kid. drifting is a joke and for people who can't drive fast
>>
>>14115623
>>14115620
mistakes can happen sometimes

sometimes mistakes can happen to the best of people

mistakes don't just happen to people with no skill

>>14115615
there were people who witnessed it
>>
File: IMG_20150702_204658.jpg (3MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150702_204658.jpg
3MB, 3200x2368px
OP, it doesn't seem to get thrown around much these days, but once upon a time the meme for people like you was "buy a Civic and shut the fuck up".

There was a lot of truth to it. The older EF/EG/EK Civics (and similar cars like the Integra) were practical and efficient for daily driving, reliable and easy to work on for the aspiring mechanic (something you should aspire to), and with simple modifications their already solid handling could be made better, or the car somewhat more powerful. It was and is an excellent car for the novice. And it's just as comfortable as a base Mazda 3 (you argued this last time, but in North America a 2.0 Mazda 3 sedan is as cheap as that model can be had).

What you did was not a one-time slip-up. It was not the mistake of a skilled driver pushing a car to the limit. And it wasn't the car's fault. It was you, overestimating your own ability by a LOT, and the car called you on it. I know because I used to be a lot like you, about eight or nine years ago. Hell, I made the same kind of whiney threads on /o/.

The absolute last thing you need is that Infiniti. Larger and more expensive, but also double the power and RWD, means you will certainly make a mistake you'll regret. The 240 and the Miata are more reasonable, but still I don't recommend either of them unless you got some lessons to go with. I also don't understand why you think you need a warranty and a brand new car. Performing maintenance is not difficult and gives you a better understanding of the vehicle. I always did oil changes and brakes, but had to dive into the deep end when my Miata's engine blew (failed oil pump pressure relief valve I think) and I had to swap it.

So.... tl;dr?

Buy a Civic, shut the fuck up.

Attached, muh 3 (silver).
>>
What happened to old /o/?

WAT CAR IS GUD. GTFO

I told you a G35 with that many miles is a bad idea. If you can't afford a good example of a performance oriented vehicle with around 50k pn, don't buy it.
>>
>>14115514
I'd rather a Commodore/SS
>>
>>14115782
i'm not going to be that kind of person anymore...i have just reached the time in my life where i need to start getting my shit together and driving habits are part of that

i'm not even going to go on that road i crashed on for a long time and, when i go back, i'll take it very slow at first and build up very slowly

i don't need to be hindered to a civic to take it easy

also honestly fuck a new car, my father is trying to push that bullshit

/thread

>>14115795
i see a few examples that aren't that bad in my price range
>>
File: 1448572655828.jpg (18KB, 181x280px) Image search: [Google]
1448572655828.jpg
18KB, 181x280px
>>14115306
>OP is seriously considering buying a Kia Soul

All hope is lost
>>
>>14115901
>i don't need to be hindered to a civic to take it easy

Jesus Christ. It's obvious from each one of your posts that you have no idea what youre talking about. Get your automatic Kia and GTFO
>>
>>14115939
It's just going to get wrecked anyway. Why would you recommend something good?
>>
>>14115901
You strike me as the kind of dude who would crash his 250 commuter bike and decide what he really needs is a 600cc super sport.

You don't get better by staying away from scary corners, and you damn sure don't get better by buying a faster car. If a Mazda 3 was too much car for you, a Civic damn sure won't hold you back. People are out there racing Hondas every weekend. Are Civics holding them back?

When I was your age I drove a Ford Probe GT. Faster than a 2.0 MZ3 but not by a whole lot. By the time I sold it and bought something faster I could consistently drive it to 8-9/10 on good tires. I won't pretend what I was doing was 10/10, there's always room to improve, brake a little later, accelerate a little sooner, slightly quicker on the shifts or maybe a little better line. And even then I actually replaced it with a car that was substantially slower in a straight line, my '94 Miata.

I dunno why I'm attempting to convince someone who thought they were hot shit in a Mazda 3 with red plastidipped wheels to do something that might actually make him a better driver.

Fuck it.
>>
File: 1448648347136.png (36KB, 801x577px) Image search: [Google]
1448648347136.png
36KB, 801x577px
>>14115607
>was probably gonna have to learn to drift anyway
>>
>>14115514
Fuck off you stupid cunt I've seen you everywhere tonight, you're worse the Alphonse the shit lord
>>
i>>14116114
>I dunno why I'm attempting to convince someone who thought they were hot shit in a Mazda 3 with red plastidipped wheels to do something that might actually make him a better driver.

because you're assuming shit that isn't even true

you know what...if somehow something like this happens again, i'll get a shitbox
>>
>>14116843
>you know what...if somehow something like this happens again, i'll get a shitbox

All you can afford are shitboxes anyways
>>
>>14115939
Kia is really reliable now the car doesn't look the best but its a good DD
>>
>>14115306
9k will get you a hektik 240. Pls don't wreck it.
>>
>>14118192
okay well I mean a fwd econobox like k series is trying to recommend
>>14118537
i don't want a car that someone else already modified...especially since most of them are turbocharged and I'm more of a supercharger guy
>>
>>14119083
That's it. That's all folks. Budget of 9k but want a supercharger over turbo? Nah. Just no. Never. 100% of the dicks, eat them.
>>
>>14119389
I'm not spending $9000 on a 240 with a far from linear power curve when there's a naturally aspirated car from the same exact company that's superior in every way except weight that can be had for the same price or less
>>
New Edge Mustang. Don't settle for something you don't want. Especially when you're going to be TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS in debt because of it
>>
>>14119083
>.especially since most of them are turbocharged and I'm more of a supercharger guy

^That line makes you sound fucking retarded
>>
>>14115306
You want a mazdaspeed6. Don't let anyone tell you differently. Comfortable, decent mileage, 0-60 in the upper 5's, 1/4 in high 13s/low 14s. AWD. 6 speed manual.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.