[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy? or are they all shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 15

Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy?
or are they all shit?
>>
Ford >>> Chevy = Dodge

And Dodge would be dead last if they didn't have Snek. They have only one good car, but god damn is it exceptional.
>>
Dodge has best supercar
Ford has best general lineup
2016 Camaro is better than the Mustang.

Dodge in general is dogshit quality though.
>>
>>14114368
Theyre all shit buy something that can turn
>>
File: 1451003390232s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1451003390232s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>14114689
>>
>>14114368
Those are American brands, eh? So they all shit. The only thing they are good at making are the trucks. I love their trucks and their trucks feel so huge here in the UK, which I really like. They should stop making every car they are producing now and just stick to only making the trucks.
>>
File: DSC_2223.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2223.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Where is your God now?
>>
Disgusting boomer tier trash.
>>
File: 21.jpg (4MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
4MB, 3000x2000px
Chebby has the best interior, the gt250 has the best performance but I like the Challenger best because it has the best looks. I won't apologize for that.
>>
File: gr8_b8.png (12KB, 150x222px) Image search: [Google]
gr8_b8.png
12KB, 150x222px
>>14114368
>>
Chevy best overall value/class leading performance
Dodge best engines/best cruisers
Ford best dailys
>>
File: 1439376912603.png (183KB, 441x213px) Image search: [Google]
1439376912603.png
183KB, 441x213px
I never throught I would say it but Dodge... well, SRT
>Snek is worlds best sports car
>Hellcat bros have most hp in the pony car arena

I'll put Chevy at 2nd because
>C7 stingray made headlines when first released
pity the Z06 didn't follow that act up
>Camaro still tests faster in motor trend tests than equivalent Mustangs (aside for the very top trim Z/28 vs the very new Mustang 350R)
>the Chevy SS exists and can be had with a manual tranny

Ford at 3rd, which sucks because I'm a mustang fanboy
>350R is awesome but is slower than snek
>ST twins btfo foreign competitors but this is a domestic only comparison

auto journalists can't praise any of these cars enough (aside for the Z06) so I doubt they're all shit
>>
>>14115049

What is that? Is that a Chysler with 179,555 miles on it? do you own that thing?
>>
>>14114977
Trucks are literally about 50% of the Ford/GM/FCAs revenue in the US market. It's what we're best at.
>>
>>14114689
Honda Accord V6 manual
>>
>>14114368
They all fill specific niches.

Ford has the best overall fleet of efficient daily drivers, crossovers, SUVs, and normie cars.
GM is best at reliable fun to drive cars that can rival the Japanese and Germans in handling and power.
Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Fiat is the best at offering massive amounts of features and power and low price points, probably more so than any other automaker globally period. Though this comes at the expensive of poor reliability. Even then, I think their reliability isn't as terrible as it's made out to be as most things that break on Dodges seem to be trim pieces and easy to fix electrical bits.

Personally, I like Ford out of all of them but none of them are awful.
>>
>>14115192
>GM is best at reliable fun to drive cars that can rival the Japanese and Germans in handling and power

I've got near a hundred thousand invested to GM and even I don't believe that shit
>>
>>14114977
>So they all shit.

>Z28 going toe-toe with GTRs and 911's
>Mustang going toe to toe with M3's some, even with a live axles.

I don't really know what you want in a performance car but i'm glad you like something eh.. (not sure why its trucks of all things and in the UK too)

Ironically people in the UK were initially buying more 5.0 mustangs than Americans when the new mustang first launched there.
>>
>>14115178
It's a 2001 Chrysler Voyager owned since new.
>>
>>14115207
Basically every Cadillac on the market right now outperforms their German counterparts in handling and power at equivalent trim levels.
>>
can't go wrong with dodge technology
>>
Dodge might be shit but Challengers are aesthetic af.

When I see a Camaro or Mustang, I'm just unphased. A challenger though? I just love pointing them out on the road.
>>
File: impala.jpg (147KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
impala.jpg
147KB, 1200x799px
>>14114368
Impala is a great choice.
>>
>>14115212
Good lord that dash is fucking horrible. My '02 Caravan even looks better than that.

All that wasted space! Who would put the odometer off to the side under the fuel gauge like that?
>>
>>14115521
dude fuck off, at least make an original reply
>>
>>14114977
You're right. We are actually best at making trucks.
>>
>>14115213
But are Cadillacs more reliable than the other German rivals? I am looking at a new E-Class and a CTS.
>>
>>14114368
>or are they all shit?

bingo
>>
>>14115209
Not the same guy,

But why do I always hear that American performance cars are always prone to quick overheating?
>>
File: Lineup 2.jpg (138KB, 1900x780px) Image search: [Google]
Lineup 2.jpg
138KB, 1900x780px
FERD
>>
Brand fanboys are the worst faggots in the automotive world

There are good and bad models in every make just about

Some fire, some don't, just like ammunition.
>>
>>14115974

Where are you even hearing that? European sports cars like the Porsche 911 and Ferraris have caught fire randomly in parking lots while not even moving.

I've never seen a Camaro, Viper, Mustang, Challenger, Cadillac V series, or anything over-heat

You must be thinking of the new Z06 getting on motor-trend and then failing or C7 Z06s in general.

Even GT-R R35s had a crap-ton of problems with the launch control failing and Nissan refusing to cover it under warranty.

American sports cars are usually very reliable and seen as a cheaper and/or faster alternative. (when compared to expensive German and Italian sports cars which are more complex and are expected to have more failures here and there)

Even the C6 had less problems than the R35 (ie no transmission failures with launch-control)

Only with the latest C7 are there problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRWjCAKJcME
>example of how reliable corvettes can be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJx85diM3IE
>Motor-Trend Comparison between a ZR1 and 911 turbo with the 911 failing right on the test-track

Vipers never had problems though, but that's probably because they are no-where near as complex as the new Corvette C7.

Mustangs had on and off generations of shitty-ness and goodness. The latest are among the best.
>>
File: 1417751642899.jpg (719KB, 1600x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1417751642899.jpg
719KB, 1600x1038px
In an idea world I'd have
>DD
Fiesta ST
>Pick up
Ram (Cummins)
>Weekend
Z06 convertible (auto)
>>
>>14114368
Ford is veering to the european market with the EcoBoost engines and all that;

Dodge still thinks everything is a muscle car, their only car that isn't purely about raw power is the snek;

And Chevy's quality is going down the shitter in every way.

Ford and Dodge are two completely unrelated companies that make cars for different markets, so between those it's just a matter of taste.

As for chevy, they just appeal to boomers at this point because they're the only ones who will ignore the fact that most Chevy products won't last 50k miles without the engine exploding.
>>
>>14116239

>the fact that most Chevy products won't last 50k miles without the engine exploding.

Why are people so brand-biased that they believe almost cartoony levels of shit?

I doubt the Police or any commercial fleet buyer would use them if that were the case..

Also Modern Automobile Manufacturing ensures that any car can easily last past that many miles but i'm just going to assume that's exaggeration.

>Dodge still thinks everything is a muscle car

Then wouldn't it make sense that they are the one's who appeal to boomers since that's what boomers actually like...?
>>
>>14115968
More reliable than Audi, BMW and VW for sure. They're about even with Mercedes-Benz regarding dependability. IRL Cadillac vs Mercedes comes down to handling vs comfort. The CTS will be more fun to drive while the E-Class will be more comfortable, though if you get the expensive magnetic ride control option on the CTS, the CTS will trump the E-Class in comfort as well.
>>
>>14116109
Isn't the RAM switching to diesels made by FIAT now? Can't be fucked to find source but I heard it somewhere. Maybe it was only for their 1500 or something, but if it's true, probably means that they'll eventually phase out Cummins. Which means they might as well stop selling trucks since that's about the only thing they had going.
>>
>>14118404
Only the 1500 has the VM Motori diesel, because of fuel economy. It's not robust like the big Cummins I6 plants that prioritize heavy duty work over fuel economy.
>>
>>14115049
95 Yukon at almost 400,000 miles, original engine, and going strong here
>>
>>14118427
I know there were a bunch of rumors for a year or so about them dropping Cummins. It was supported by the fact that Nissan started teaming with them for their diesels. But so far I can't find anything to support the rumors.

Though Cummins does make sub 3L diesels. It's a little weird that they would go with a "Maserati" engine for the 1500.
>>
>>14118441
It's not weird at all. Fiat bought them out and already had cheap small diesel plants in production. They control their own supply chain as well this way.
>>
>>14115995
>Focus RS and ST
>No love for the Taurus SHO

For what purpose?
>>
>>14115249
I feel the same way, but if I bought one I'd just get the 5.7 in automatic because that car is a huge comfy barge, not a performance vehicle
>>
>>14114368

Currently, between the three of the them, Chevrolet makes the best car; the Z06 Stingray.

That will probably change when the new Ford GT comes out.

Hellcat Charger is cool. The Viper is ok, but a bit too luddite for me.
>>
The good: Ford
The bad: Chevy
The ugly: Dodge

Or, alternatively...
Ford: The Jedi
Chevy: The Sith
Dodge: The Tuskan Raiders
>>
File: Holden-Ute-SS-V-Redline-4[1].jpg (720KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Holden-Ute-SS-V-Redline-4[1].jpg
720KB, 1600x1067px
Holden.

So Chevy, I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (864KB, 1600x1416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
864KB, 1600x1416px
>>14114368
Chevy
>>
File: pigfat.jpg (201KB, 1165x664px) Image search: [Google]
pigfat.jpg
201KB, 1165x664px
>>14114368
>>
>>14115191
The Accord coupe...

not good at being an Accord. not good at being a fast car. not good at being a front wheel drive road hugging car.

literally sucks from every aspect.
>>
>>14115207
holy shit
>>
>>14116706
And, if you're an American, parts for American cars are cheaper.
>>
>>14120020
This. The 3.6 V6 and 2.0 I4 in the CTS are near identical to the engines used in other cheaper GM products. You can even get a lot of the work done without paying luxury prices.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.