[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/pinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: _o_888509.jpg (34KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
_o_888509.jpg
34KB, 500x512px
Which of these cars are the most enjoyable ride and reliable outside of regular maintenance?

1992-1998 Honda Del Sol
1996-2001 Honda Prelude
NA Mazda Miata
NB Mazda Miata
Acura RSX Type S

I'm trying to figure out which one I should get for my new daily driver.

I have an explorer for when I need more room/carrying things.
>>
>>14112912
Enjoyable ride as a daily...probably the RSX.
>>
Miata for skids.
>>
Both miatas are pretty enjoyable and easy to maintain. Rsx is just a acura civic but its nice too. Cant say the same for the others since i dont know that much about them
>>
>>14112933
>>14112941
literally what
>>14112912
RSX Type S dude
>>
Out of those five I'd say Toyota Camry
>>
>>14112912
The one in the best shape possible because the Miatas and Del Sol rust out quickly, and the RSX Type S gets stolen often.

The Prelude isn't a very good car, memes aside. Drinks oil, doesn't get good mpg, too heavy to be properly fast.
>>
>>14112969
Never.

>>14112933
>>14112941
I like NA more because popups but are they easy to work on or too cramped for most home mechanics? I don't have a car lift.
>>
Hands down type s and if you want to mod it later on its easy to make power
>>
>>14113090
The NA and NB are nearly indistinguishable under the bodywork. They're much easier to work on than any of the Hondas on your list.
>>
>>14113379
They're both ridiculously simple. Both Miatas and Hondas.

I'd get the Miata honestly, if it was going to be a second car. NB is better than NA generally.
>>
>>14112912

NB Miata. Errday
>>
>>14113497
>>14113487
But no pop up headlights on the NB, right?

Love those things.
>>
>>14113527

Pop up headlights are enjoyable but not as reliable as fixed lights. NB also has more room inside and in trunk, slightly more rigid=less squeeks and squaks, slightly less highway noise
>>
File: impala.jpg (147KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
impala.jpg
147KB, 1200x799px
>>14112912
The new Impala.
>>
>>14113569
>not as reliable
These aren't Corvettes we're talking about. I don't think I've ever seen a Miata with a stuck headlight. Even if you did somehow burn out the motor, they have a little spinny thing so you can screw them up manually.
>>
NB Miata, because evolution from NA (which I love).

Plus these are the only cars listed by OP with RWD.

RWD employs more knowledgeable driving than FWD, as most FWS cars are nose heavy. FWD will have the front end wash out under maximum abilities, be it acceleration or general track driving.

RWD will give you two sides of the coin to work with. Power oversteer and understeer, as well as no poweroversteer/understeer.

Surely people will argue with me, saying Scandinavian Flick and whatnot.but when power and handling are dealt with seperate wheels, you have a better chance of control.

>someone will argue against me, I know of it. But seriously, who bets on a poker game looking at the first two cards?
>>
>>14113661
If you're buying i'll take it my man.

>>14113569
My area doesn't have as many NA or NB as I had hoped. I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Miata or Del Sol.

Got a couple of "I KNOW WHAT I GOT" NA with 170k miles and fading paint $6k my sides.

A few NB for around $4500 some with 100k-130k.

Only 3 Del Sol, both seem riced or ridden heavy but $5k and 140k miles.

Those prices seem about right?
>>
>>14113712
>most FWS cars
Meant *most FWD cars
>>
File: _20151221_222352.jpg (758KB, 2158x2640px) Image search: [Google]
_20151221_222352.jpg
758KB, 2158x2640px
!!!!
>>
>>14113713
>I know what I got NA - pass. Too much for what is is.

>NB - A quantifiable better car. If popups are a MUST HAVE, spend the extra 2k on putting them in.

>Riced del sol
More miles, more price. You are literally paying for a top down with no trunk, and electric rear window car that has had umteen million teenager owners.
>>
2005 Civic SI $3000, needs a new paint job, needs a new oil pan gasket (extremely minor leak none even shows up on the floor so no immediate issues), has some driver side window motor issue
116k miles

MR2 AW11, $2000 is 30 years old with 200k+ miles, new engine with 140k+ miles, leaked some kind of green liquid (assuming anti freeze) in the cabin
>>
>>14113734
So NB looks like a winner.

A quick research shows putting in HID is a real bitch. Do you feel the original lights are bright enough or are pretty dim?
I'd like to replace the entire thing but not at $700 like some of these guys are spending on whole headlight units.
>>
>>14113713

Where is this? This is high. I got mine for 5k with 90k miles on it, which isn't that good a price either. NBs are better priced than NAs since people want NAs more.
>>
>>14113781

They are a bitch. I just got brighter bulbs and they're plenty bright. If you really want the extra visibility then fine, but I'd spend the 5-700 on coilovers or tires which arguably results in something more "enjoyable"
>>
>>14113818
South NC
>>
>>14113834
respond!
>>
>>14113860

Maybe wait or be willing to travel. I'm in colorado with snow and salt so they don't hold up as well as NC, also we actually have more seasons than summer so they're less practical.

I guess it would make sense that they'd be more expensive in the south, but it wouldn't hurt to shop around for a few months and do a bunch of research now that you've settled on the NB. Unless you desperately need the car asap
>>
>>14113895
I'm waiting on a good deal since it's not an ASAP car. I thought winter would be the best time for these price wise but NA are cheaper if I look at nearby compared to NB.

Shoulda just went with a civic hatchback like the hoonigans around my city..
>>
>>14113862

Respond to what? What is your question
>>
>>14113941
Not OP whoever he is.
>>
>>14113981
>>14113766

What even is going on anymore.

This should be a miata nb discussion now not reporting troll posts my man.
>>
>>14113992
i thought this was car buying general
>>
>>14113992
>troll post
that hurt
>>
Ree
>>
>>14113860
I am in Central NC, I presume you are in Fayetteville or Charollete.
>>
Type s is the fastest stock, it's the most reliable, it's the best in gas, and it's the most practical
>>
Del Sol is just meh. v-tec ones are fun to rev high but prelude is vastly superior.
Buy NA if you want a pure miata experience. Pick NB if you want an objectively superior car.
Acura is the only one i haven't had a chance to drive so i can't say anything about it.

Personally i'd go with NA miat. If you want something more practical then prelude.
>>
Last year I bought a Type S and used it to learn how to drive manual, fun car, pretty quick but I started to hate fwd so I sold it. Bought a 6 speed NB Miata in late June and havent regretted it. its not nearly as practical but I rip hektik fuckin skids on the daily and bitches love it

>get
>a
>fucking
>miata
>>
>>14117414
also IMO tge miata is 2x as fun to drive. people who have driven both may disagree because its slower. but in my case, my nb handles much better than my RSX did. my RSX was kinda junk tho.
>>
>>14117414
Stock for stock the type s is objectively better

I bought a Nb first I got to drive my buddies 05 rsxs and I fell in love, bought a rsxs bought a quaife never looked back
>>
tfw want to get a miata but don't want to be associated with people like these >>14117414
>>
>>14117414
>started to hate fwd
Bad driver detected
>>
not op but which coupe model car would be best

decent 0-60 times
decent gas mileage
reliable

i only have about 4k to work with

i was thinking honda civic ex but i also heard the vtec is slow so i got no idea which option is best or another company car i should consider

id prefer auto since i take a lot of business calls while driving and in a stop/go city with hills
>>
>>14118167
mx5
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.