[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Semi-Automatic Transmission

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: 8024350418_eaf772430a_b.jpg (73KB, 847x703px) Image search: [Google]
8024350418_eaf772430a_b.jpg
73KB, 847x703px
Semi Automatic Transmission should be standard in all cars.
>Quicker than stick shift
>Doesn't require clutch or taking a hand off the wheel to shift

Face it. Semi-Auto is better
>But I want full control of muh car
Shut the fuck up you Autist.
>>
>>14111566
>all Cars

Soccer moms don't have use for it, its more complicated, more expensive to fix and heavier than a standard manual.

A sequential manual is superior in every way except longevity, and street manners.
>>
>>14111566
If it doesn't have a clutch it's an automatic.

Semi-auto is a term only cuckolds use
>>
>>14111594
well memed
>>
>>14111594
So dual clutch transmissions are manuals?
>>
File: 1443555571389.jpg (293KB, 1536x964px) Image search: [Google]
1443555571389.jpg
293KB, 1536x964px
>>14111566
>limp_mode.webm
Give me one with proper cooling, affordable replacement parts, and we can talk.
>>
>>14111607
he said -a- clutch not -two- clutches
learn to read
>>
>>14111566

depends on the type of semi-auto transmission 2bh

if it is the kind of semi-auto trans you get in a hatchback then it is drive-off-a-cliff-tier but if it is a clutchless manual like F1 or a supercar from 10 years ago then its 5/5 bretty gud
>>
File: 1449457805786.jpg (50KB, 438x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449457805786.jpg
50KB, 438x480px
Wut
>>
>>14111566
Should be standard on smaller cars.
>>
>>14111607
well the computer is operating the clutches for you so no
>>
>>14112885
But he clearly stated if it had no clutch it was an auto and if it did it was a manual.
Computer-operated matters little.
>>
Outside of a 2010 Ferrari California, 2012 Ferrari 458i, and the 2015 Lamborghini Huracan; Ive never driven a car with one that impressed me.
Other semi auto cars I've driven are 2015 Aventador (garbage single clutch)
2011 Gallardo (same issue)
2010 Audi R8 V8 (DSG)
2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (PDK)
2012 CLS63
2015 S550
2012 G63
2012 Passat 3.6 SEL (DSG)

Source: I did deliveries for an exotic car rental company. Questions welcome.
>>
Can't clutch kick an auto. Most autos in economy cars shift slow as fuck and the flappy paddles are a disappointment
>>
>>14112901
well """"he"""" meant clutch pedal
>>
File: 1450746083157.png (260KB, 803x790px) Image search: [Google]
1450746083157.png
260KB, 803x790px
>>14112937
what city?

how much on average for a day in a supercar?

who were your main clients?

did you get to have fun with them or were they monitored and you'd get fired for not abiding a 10 under the limit rule?

most expensive car you delivered?

is any of this true and can you prove it?
>>
File: 1449106183872.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1449106183872.png
9KB, 401x367px
>not driving a N/A RWD manual with at least a v8 (i6 is also acceptable)

kucks
>>
>>14112963
Miami but ive done deliveries as far as Sarasota.

1000$/Day plus 3-5k security deposit for an r8, 2500$ w/10k security on the aventador. You can work out the rest.

The cars all have redundant gps trackers that give location and speed in real time but when boss says bring me the Huracan STAT, you get it there stat. New cars usually didnt get gps for a few days so you had a small window to really thrash them. Customers were not allowed to speed

Customers were usually russian, arab, or chinese millionaires on vacation. Then there was the basketball american drug dealers that we'd hold theyre security deposit in cash and the occasional retired enthusiast who just wanted to have a nice car for the weekend.

Most expensive delivery was an aventador coupe and roadster at the same time.

Can i prove it? I used to have hella pictures on my old phone so no. You could just keep asking questions, wether you believe me is on you.
>>
>>14112963
>is any of this true and can you prove it?
What could he possibly gain by lying about this?
>>
Gr8 b8 m8

Also, manual is defined as a shifter with a mechanical linkage to the gearbox and a clutch pedal.
>>
>>14112901
computer operated matters, because otherwise it's an automated shift, which is were "automatic" is derived from. Plus they have a "D".
>>
>>14111566
cool thread op
>>
>Shit 16 year olds say
>>
File: 125123215121231.png (80KB, 213x318px) Image search: [Google]
125123215121231.png
80KB, 213x318px
>>14113021
if clients aren't allowed to speed what's even the point? although from what you say its mostly about showing off so whatever.
and what would the company even do, or attempt to do, in case one of the clients decided to take an aventador to top speed on the highway?

also did you ever have any issues like the car breaking down on you?
>>14113026
true or not i'm just gonna use everything he gives me to troll in the future
>>
>>14111566
>tfw no sequential dog box manual
>>
>>14113057
The clients always get mad when they hear they cant speed but they rent it anyway because its gonna be in the Fontainebleau valet 90%of the time anyway.

Those redundant gps' i mentioned can be remotely monitored by this app called redtail and it automatically sends an email to the companies owner( small company) if the car goes over 80mph. The director of operations would then call the guy and chew him out and remind him that the contract he signed says that we can keep his deposit for that and if he gets cheeky the car can be shut off remotely through the app. That never happened while i was there though.

No car ever broke down on me but the owners were hella jewish so they'd let cars they didn't personally like (california, r8, gallardos) run low on oil to the point when one day i got in the california it didnt turn over and my boss told me to put two quarts of oil in it and deliver it. As a Ferrari guy that shit personally hurt me.
>>
>>14111594
>>14111636
What about shitty manumatics, then?

The single-clutch shit that Mercedes, Alfa, SMART, Citroen, and a few others stick in their cheap commuter vehicles?

You have to be more specific. If it doesn't have a CLUTCH PEDAL, then it ain't manual.
>>
File: 1450035499024.png (53KB, 227x223px) Image search: [Google]
1450035499024.png
53KB, 227x223px
>>14113097
>hella jewish
>let cars they didn't personally like run low on oil

that's not jewish, that's just stupid

either way pretty cool, i got nothing else to ask but if you have any stories i'm always up for story times on 4chan
>>
>>14113042
So if I build a car that depressed the clutch pedal and swotches gears for you with no outside input unless you -want- to input it, it wouldn't be a manual since it is computer operated?
>>
>>14113129
yes
>>
>>14111566
wasted satan dubs describing why to get an automatic, gratz dumbass OP who abandoned thread 6 hours ago
>>
>>14113113
The owners were highschool dropouts that were besties and their lack of formal education showed alot. They had the vocabulary, style, attitude and taste in cars of a 12 year old but fuck theyre raw business instincts and tenacity was heroic.

Not too many crazy stories as i took my job pretty seriously.

>Boss' would advertise and book cars we didnt actually own and get the customer in a different car at the last second.
>they also double book cars that had overlapping reservations.
>boss says dude in hallandale beach has the escalade and you have to take the cls63 and switch with him ASAP
>When they say asap they fucking mean it
>Ok lol
>Jump in the car
>press amg button
>basically the car goes from wet noodle to track mode paddles sharpen up a bit as well but not dct ferrari sharp
>gun it out of the office location
>speeding
>60 in a 30 with medium traffic so lots of swerving
>make two turns
>disco lights
>Its been literally 3 minutes since i got in the car
>Never even saw the cop and im usually really good about that
>Short fat mid 30s cuban cop
> office is in nice airport surrounded by horrible neighborhood
>im in a benz with
21 inch Vossens
>pull over in painted median
>Cop approaches gun draw screaming at me to shut the car off lower the window and put hands out
>Tells me to get out and walk backwards towards him
>gun still trained on me as he pats me down.
>holsters gun as he sees im small white and well dressed
>Grills me on my driving
>Where you going like that!
>Blah blah
>You wanna get there alive?!?!?
>Try not to roll my eyes
>Tells me to get my documents
>runs my shit
>Id gotten a ticket in my own car 5 days before that (next story)
>tells me to sit and wait in the merc while hes running me
>comes back with 4 tickets
>Speeding, improper lane change, failure to signal, and wreckless driving
>promises me he's gonna be in court.
> i make the switch with the customer
>Come back my boss eats my ass
>I was on an internship at the time
>>
>>14113222
Pt 2
>fast forward to my court date
>I have the best traffic lawyer in south florida
>All infractions dropped, wreckless reduced to careless no fine just 50 hrs community service
>dope
>moral of the story: dont skimp on a lawyer and wear a well fitting suit to court and shut the fuck up while your there.
>>
>>14113222 trips checked
>They had the vocabulary, style, attitude and taste in cars of a 12 year old
>theyre raw business instincts and tenacity was heroic.
>theyre
>>
>>14113222
Other ticket story

>A certain washed up black comedian who was married to mariah carey and a comically short black popular comedian book us for a cwrtain show about lifestyles of the you know what.
>All fake. I knew it.
>They come in on a day that i have to pick my parent up from the airport in the middle of everything.
>Running around on the tarmac helping them get shots. Moving the cars because only the actors were insured and they werent on the set yet.
>All this on a hot as fuck day
>Noon rolls around and i go get my parents and take them home
>fucking gunning it back to the airport where my office is.
>bouncing off the fuel cutoff in my 2002 pathfinder (106)
>see a cop under an over pass up ahead getting in his car
>slow down
>Too late
>Pulls out behind me
>disco lights
>where you goin that fast
>im late for work
>Where you work?
>so and so executive airport
>makes a face and tells me he gunned me doing 101 in a 70
>(fuck)
>fhp runs my shit comes back with ticket
>whole stop was less than 5 min
>Bounce off the fuel cutoff the rest of the way to work
>Didn't tell my boss shit
>put the same lawyer on it
>case dissmissed
>Didnt even show up for the court date
>>
>>14113280
Im typing fast as fuck on my phone
>>
>>14113311
double dubs check em
>>
>>14113331
Damn im killin it tonight
>>
>>14113222
>my boss eats my ass
>>
>>14113374
He wasn't gentle
>>
Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Anyone wanna talk (argue) about semiautos?
>>
>>14113463
Yes

Fuck semiautos

If it doesn't have a mechanical linkage to the gearbox and a clutch pedal, it's an automatic
>>
>>14113463
yeah I mean I'm not even a Stick Douche (tm) but I drive manual specifically to have a third pedal, and prefer driving manual in bumper to bumper (as an example of when people say that it is a disadvantage). If you wanna leave both hands on the wheel and have the machine operating the clutch, then just get a traditional automatic. I'm not going to look down on you and anyone who does is an assclown. My beef on tiptronics et alia is that it is sounding the death knell for manual even more than normal automatic was in the first place.
>>
>>14113552
I agree wholeheartedly. I daily a 13 gli myself as the pathfinder tooka shit a few months ago.

Anything below 500horses should be driven in manual. Anything above should have a dual clutch automatic. The fact that they sell mercedes and until recently lamborghinis with single clutch boxes is fucking stupid.
>>
>>14113568
I agree with you. The dsg in the passat is better than a single clutch but it doesnt do an engine with its power justice. It should be a manual but its my dads and he bought it for the dsg. The dsg is not bad in the r8 and makes more sense but the r8 also comes in manual which is unanimously stated to be much more rewarding as the r8 doesnt have too much power
>>
>>14113021
Is your last name Kowalski?
>>
>>14113575
THANK YOU

I think luxury cars/non-diesel trucks and the like should be automatic and I agree that after the 500 hp mark or so, gears cannot be shifted manually fast enough to remain at optimal performance relative to the cars capabilities
>>
>>14113575
>>14113592
I drive weak as shit vehicles because I do not speed: 95 Impreza, 97 Tercel, 2000 and 2009 Corolla, 13 Tacoma
>I guess I am one of the "full control autists" OP was referencing
>>
>>14113602
No.
>>
>>14113626
I almost bought a tercel as a project that was gonna be a track weapon, but ended up getting a much better car for way less money.
>>
>>14113605
The thing about alot of manufacturers that are making big power cars is that they would come with a single clutch, which could work in a merc where the car is more tailored to luxury with some sportiness peppered in. But in a late model gallardo or aventador its preposterous. As soon as you go for the paddle the whole car jolts and you feel the violent gear change kick you in the back or throw you forward on a downshift and i remember thinking "what serious car enthusiast would find this acceptable". Then you get in a ferrari 458 or california and the gear changes are pretty much only audible. The most you feel on an upshift was a slight drop in gforce and its vareley noticable.
>>
>>14113686
Damn man, well I've never driven any of those, but I would imagine an undetectable gear change would be greatly preferred to jerky bullshit like that. I drive a 5 speed accord and my friends auto accord slams shifts like crazy when he tries to do a pull on the freeway or something. I mean my manual shifts aren't much smoother, but muh race car feels.
>>
>>14113698
Oh like i said i daily a manual gli and i had the option to get the dsg and i said hell no because out of sport mode its just not smooth under hard driving and whats the point of having a hot vw if you have to put it in sport to get the response, when you could get the manual and have rhe instant gratification and the ability to get better milage.
>>
>>14113654
what did you get? not hard to get something much better
>>
>>14113752
Believe me i did. My friends friend was selling a 1990 audi 200 quattro for 1200 on cl because it needed a clutch. He offered it to my friend for half the ad price. My friend was gonna help me build the tercel as he has projects of his own and more wrenching experience than me. He told me about the deal and i told him if he can get me the deal we'll see the car that day. I saw the car heard it turn over and hit boost and was sold on the spot. I had it towed to a mutual friend's shop and ordered the clutch. So im now the proud owner of a 2.2 turbo 5 speed awd future rally car for 900$ including the clutch that im installing soon.
>>
>>14113795
what I'd really like to get is an 80s 4WD Tercel wagon, but it's basically only the same car in name
>>
>>14113891
Is that like a smaller alltrac corolla?
>>
>>14113894
http://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-4wd-toyota-tercel-sr5-was-an-inspiring-rally-wagon-1694529696
>>
>>14113935
Theres one of these in my neighborhood badged as a corolla but it looks identical.
>>
>>14113948
looks like they stopped making the 4wd tercel in 87 and started the alltrac corolla in 88, when the tercel went back to being a FWD econobox only
>>
>>14114058
Seems like a neat platform.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.