[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay I really want a V8 F-body but I keep hearing about them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (30KB, 592x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 592x331px
Okay I really want a V8 F-body but I keep hearing about them getting stolen a lot.

Is there any truth to this and if there is, is there any way to prevent it?
>>
Don't park near trailer parks.
>>
>>14108883
Take the drive shaft with you
>>
Niggers love Camaros more than rednecks
>>
Manual transmission.
>>
Pop the ignition switch out from the column, its a GM so it should be easy
>>
>>14108891
>implying that wouldn't be the safest place to park it so Billy Joe and Susie Paul can keep an eye on your F-body and shoot the shit about old Pappy's built IROC while shooting any nigger, spic, gook or slant that gets within twenty yards
>>
How can they start the car if you take out the keys? I thought hotwiring was some movie bullshit
>>
>>14109140
Absolutely not.
>>14108883
Install a well hidden kill switch. Make sure your doors lock. This will stop anybody short of someone with a flatbed.
>>
>>14109140
All you really have to do is provide 12v to the necessary components/wires. A simple wire diagram will show you all you need to know to hotwire a car.
>>
>>14108977
do niggers love catfish camaros tho? I've only seen them have 3rd and 5th gens. 4th gen f bodies are always young white guys or old boomers in my area.
>>
>>14109140
Hahaha

I'd wager 10% of us or more have a car that doesn't even need keys to start.
>>
>>14109191
Jokes on you, mine won't start even with the keys.
>>
>>14109199
2nded
>>
>>14108883
take the wheels and driveshaft with you every time you park it
>>
>>14108883
Don't worry, the shitty PASS key system will make it so that you can't even start it, let alone a thief
>>
OP here, I should mention that live in a neighborhood that's not quite ghetto but not the greatest either. Not a lot of niggers here but cholos and gooks. There are a few F-bodies in my area but it seems like the tuner cars get stolen more.
>>
File: gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg (25KB, 723x356px) Image search: [Google]
gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg
25KB, 723x356px
>>14109294
>cholos and gooks
>>
>>14109182

I want an LS1. The T/A was my first car crush, even when I was too young to understand that the Camaro was the same car.
>>
File: 1445144134130.png (472KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
1445144134130.png
472KB, 500x494px
>>14109182
>>14109294
>>14108985

>Implying that whites don't steal the most cars.

Majority pooulation with least likelyhood of getting pulled over.
>>
>>14109303
Yup, it's actually kinda rare to see black people in my area. Cholos are worse though. They'll fucking try to fight you if you piss them off while driving. Even if they do stupid shit. Fuckers are nasty I swear
>>
>>14109330

It's only because whites are fucking disrespectful towards anything that isn't them.
>>
>>14109339
>It's whites that are the problem

Right, not the gang and crime infested ghetto communities that refuse to police themselves and blame everything on DA WHITE MAN cuz dey need mo money for Dem program n shiieett
>>
>>14109339
To be honest, I've seen white people chimp out more than any other color. More to prove I guess. It's legitimately hard to find most young white guys threatening if they're not built like Chads
>>
>>14109339
Look, there is never any reason to physically assault someone or attempt to assault someone over road rage. The person who chimps out is always in the wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14109199
>>14109202
Thirded
>>
>>14109351

White people treat eachother like shit.

The impoverished neighborhoods with gang banging can't police themselves, since lawmakers kind of took measures to ensure that innocents would be breaking the law if they try self defense (Jim crow South and Gun laws, Chicago). Hood niggas are the extreme minority of blacks, you already have that one cool blck friend and you can't even deny it. Any place where white flight happens is going to be fucked hard (Gary, Flint, Normal, Elkhart, etc.)
>>
>>14109406
Any place that white flight turns to shit because jigs don't know how to govern themselves and they destroy any decency there once was, name me one community that they moved to, became the majority population and didn't fuck up, go on I'm waiting
>>
>>14109435

So if 90% of people's income flys away, where does the GDP come from?

City revenue is lost from a simple move of a Corporation or Business away from a town, business loans don't come out of thin air, and honestly, anyone trying to make an investment DOESN'T do so in peoples' best interest; they start up in a town with expendable income.

Look at Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina: same type of shit happened there too.

If you are running a town or city and 90 percent of you resident's source of income outsources to a foriegn country, what do you do?

And are you just testing my knowledge? I know white people couldn't give two shits about trailer trash for the same bullshit you say about the blacks. Let's talk about how Government s funnel Fiat currency away from groups of individuals but it's a hell of a lot more obvious when it happens to a dense population.

WTF Mods?
I thought /b/ and /pol/ are supposed to be the only boards with racism.
>>
>>14109484
Cry more bitch nigger
>>
>>14109484

please leave this board, dayvon, there's a reason there are no actual black car guys
>>
>>14109491
Same reason why there are no black bike owners either
>>
>>14109484
>bitching about racism on 4chan

Nigger, where do you think you are?

Go back to >>>/reddit/
>>
>>14108977
Because it looks like a catfish.
>>
>>14109521
Kek
>>
>>14109175
that doesn't unlock the steering wheel though..
>>
>>14109521
What if it looked like a bucket of fried chicken and some watermelon?
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (150KB, 977x610px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
150KB, 977x610px
>>14108883
Bullshit. Camaros are hard as shit to steal

They're one of the first cars(Even before BMW and Mercedes) to use a immobilizer Anti-theft key known as the VATS system.

There is a black chip on the blade of the key that has a resistor. There are 15 different Values for these, and each time you try one it prevents the car from starting for 5 minutes.

Not to mention, GM ignitions are notoriously the hardest cars to steal, because they are unpickable because they use a sidebar, meaning, picking, and jigglers won't work, unless your ignition is a hunk of shit anyways.

and all these people saying "Just hotwire the car". They're not wrong, old GM's before the VATS system was introduced, or don't use the system at all are easy to hotwire.

That's it. Hotwire. You can start the car. Good luck driving it. There are steering wheel locks for a reason. And every single gm past 1974 uses a steering wheel lock.

Source: I'm a god damn locksmith. And /o/ doesn't know shit about locks, or stealing cars.
>>
>>14109566
This. This fucker knows. Good on you, also how do you like being a lock smith?
>>
>>14109566
That ignition barrel on the right how theft proof is it?
>>
>>14109566
yeah but also to someone who's done it can pull apart that same steering column quick as fuck

GM steering columns are simple as fuck to pull apart and you don't need to take it all they way apart to disengage that steering lock.
>>
>>14109566
Some cars you can take the column cover ft and jam a screwdriver in the spring loaded lock. Not sure if it can be done on GMs never tried it on one.
>>
Get a wheel club/clutch club. Make it too much work to steal.
>>
File: wobble4.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
wobble4.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
>>14109580
It's alright. Get a lot of satisfaction from helping people. Pay is shit tho.

It's pretty technical, a closed industry, and the job opportunities are the same. Not that many. Get into another field.

>>14109590
It's impossible to jiggle. On really old ones, the pot metal becomes worn out, and you can turn it without a key. Popping it with a screwdriver might be possible, but it's held in with a roughly 2.5" torques screw torqued to about 20ft/lbs.

>>14109603
this I agree with. I can tear apart a whole GM steering column and put it back together in 15 minutes. That being said. You need a quarter drive set, a steering wheel puller kid, and adjustable wrench, and 1/4" slot screwdrivers, and a 3/8" slot screw driver. Thieves carrying around this many tools is unlikely. Espcially when they can just target an old honda or nissan and get it to turn with a jiggler.

>>14109609
GM steering wheel locks are recessed below a lock plate. to prevent bypasses like this. This is what the steering wheel lock looks like. You can see the pin that retracts to let the steering wheel turn in the top left corner behind the lockplate.
>>
>>14109636
>Thieves carrying around this many tools is unlikely.
what

Thats exactly what theives would carry around

Hell, I carry half that around in my trunk just so i can work on cars at home and at work
>>
>>14109647
>Half of that in my trunk

Exactly. Half.
>>
>>14109636
>It's impossible to jiggle. On really old ones, the pot metal becomes worn out, and you can turn it without a key. Popping it with a screwdriver might be possible, but it's held in with a roughly 2.5" torques screw torqued to about 20ft/lbs.
Well that's good. It's the one I have on my car.
You're right about being able to turn it without a key. When I bought it I could turn the car over. Pulled it out and installed a new one.
>>
>>14109652
well the steering wheel puller is in the corvette, but most of the other things i can think tha tI need to pull the column out of the vette are sitting in my hand box in the cavalier

I would want my electric 3/8 impact too if i were stealing my own car, but that just me

What we've established is that its more difficult that any old Tyrone can't just wander by with a flathead and make off with it but anyone more technically knowledgeable than that would make quick work of it.

And nothing stops a recovery towtruck except maybe a bullet to the drivers chest
>>
>>14109664
> anyone more technically knowledgeable than that would make quick work of it.

Agreed. Thieves don't usually have technical knowledge. All they have is word of mouth and experience.

A new way that people are stealing cars is just putting a car in neutral and putting a tow strap on it to get it out of the general area, then doing what needs to be done.

>>14109660
Yeah I don't want to spread misinformation. No security system is perfect. Every single car has weak points for stealing.
>>
>>14109664
How many tow companies are disreputable like that?

>oh wait all of them
>>
>>14109484
>facts are racist

Every time.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.