[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turbo Thursday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 100_0186.jpg (129KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
100_0186.jpg
129KB, 1024x768px
Post best turbod cars, factory or custom builds.
Discuss turbo builds etc.

I want to turbo my e36 325i non-vanos, but I need books on the details of the build and theory behind it.
Anyone know of a good book? Preferably PDF
>>
>>14104635
why would their be a book written on turbocharging that particular engine.

anyway you want the one by AG Bell
>>
nothing written longer than 10 years ago.
>>
check BMW forums OP, specially build threads

that is your best bet

shouldnt be that hard
>>
>>14104641
Oh i didnt mean specifically for my engine.
>>
The gold standard is still Corky Bell's "Maximum Boost". I'm of the opinion that anyone with a turbo project car should own a copy. If that's too dense, "Street Turbocharging" is a little more accessible.
>>
>>14104635
I got a question. What would be easier to get somewhere from 400 to 500 hp from? A 1/2JZ or a Nissan RB engine
>>
>>14104873
Both pretty much the same desu. I think they could both do that with just a tune and exhaust.
>>
>>14104873
JZ series would be easier. Or go rb25 neo for decent reliable power.
>>
>>14104887
This guy is retarded. Never listen to this guy. Expect to be doing fuel pump, injectors, e85 tune, ecu, turbo, manifold, intercooler, exhaust, fuel rail etc.
>>
>>14104894
please be b8
>>
>>14104873
gallo 12
>>
>>14104873
JZ, RBs have weak pistons. However, an RB25DET is much cheaper than even a 1JZ, and can still make 400+ whp. The cost of difference you could probably get some forged pistons and boost to as high as you like. I would maybe even go for an RB20 unless the 25 isnt much more.
>>
>>14104903
those weak pistons can take 600hp all day long
>>
>>14104894
On an RB25, you will probably need most of that except for the e85. On a 2jz and maybe RB26 you can get that number on pretty much stock equipment. Dont know much about 1jz
>>
>>14104910
yeah RB26 will do 500 on stock hardware if you have a R34 engine, just an intake exhaust and tune. R32 and R33 will need turbos for 500, think they top out at 420 ish
>>
anyone know much about turboing a motorcycle? I was thinking it would be fun to do it to a single like an sr500
>>
>>14104920
RB Racing know, check out their site it's fantastic reading
>>
>>14104907
Even an RB25? A 26 I'm sure can but I've never seen an RB25 do 600 on stock pistons. I saw one build for 500, not sure how long it lasted
>>
>>14104934
This.
I love it when the term "all day long" is used for a heavily exaggerated example.
>>
>>14104934
25 will be sketchy have seen well north of 500 on stock internals but they were timebombs where the owners had fresh internals in the pipeline anyway. and that was on E85.

N1 block is a lot more solid.
the main issue with RBs is oiling.
>>
>>14104894
>>14104903
>>14104910
Thanks guys, the project I had a turbo inline 6 in mind for changed plans, but this is still useful to me for other cars I might try building.

Essentially at the end of it, the cost would be very similar. Another question, which one would be more reliable for being capable to make one of them with max 500hp, but being set to make 400-450hp normally?
>>
>>14105038
after you fix the oil system issues on the RB they're even.
otherwise 2JZ
>>
>>14104750
seems you can find a pdf here.

http://www.fusca.net/wp-content/uploads/Maximum_boost.pdf
>>
How much boost can cast pistons take? I want to draw through a 20R that has 8.4 comp stock rebuild.
>>
>>14104902
Nah gallo 24
>>
anyone here ever had a turbo m20? picking up an e30 soon that needs a new rear main seal so I'm pulling the motor anyways. debating on rebuilding and selling, rebuilding and keeping, or swapping something newer.

It would be nice to actually build one for me and not a customer, because of that i don't have a lot of seat time in these cars.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.