[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most amount of miles you accept when buying a car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

What's the most amount of miles you accept when buying a car?
>>
>>
>>14103825
usually 140k if it's from some random from craigslist or whatnot. 200k if it's from someone I trust and know can take care of a car
>>
Idk is 200,000 too much?
>>
File: wtf.jpg (28KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
28KB, 600x579px
>2015
>buying instead of leasing
>>
>>14103825

At least one engine rebuild per 100,000 miles.
If it's a diesel.

>May god have mercy.
>>
>>14103837

>cucking yourself financially
>>
>>14103837
>2015
>Being a nigger
>>
>>14103851
leasing is cucking others
>>
No limit really, I just look at the condition of the car
>>
3-7 depending on the car.
>>
Just bought my first car with 95000 miles.
It looked almost new and everything on it worked, but turns out everything is also worn out.
Tires, brakes, steering, suspension, clutch, battery, fluids, spark plugs, wiper blades, light bulbs, all of this needs to be replaced to make the car function as it should. It's $3k away from being a $2k car. So I'm probably just gonna do the most important safety shit and save up for the next car.
>>
File: 1800beammeup.gif (913KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1800beammeup.gif
913KB, 250x188px
>>14103837
>being too poor to buy outright
>>
>>14103899
Sure keep projecting your financial worries and call me "poor". If you're nice i promise not to laugh when my corvette pulls up to your riced 90s jap shitbox.
>>
I never search above 150,000km which is roughly 90k miles.
>>
>>14103825
How is the check engine light, abs light nor the air bag light on??
>>
>>14103858

>"leasing is cucking others"

>could actually have a car instead of paying money just to give it back later.
>>
>>14104194
sorry, if you're doing anything other than paying off your mortgage with the amount of money it costs to buy a new car then you are a fucking retard and deserve to stay poor
>inb4 just drive a $500 shitbox like my dumb poorfag ass
>>
>>14104096
With approximately 13v of electricity.
>>
>>14103921
>young dumbasses leasing cars they cant afford

no wonder the economy is fucked
>>
>caring about miles

back to r/cars
>>
>>14104323
How would that fuck the economy of a nation, ley alone a neighborhood?
>>
>>14103858
How the hell is that cucking others? Leasing is being cucked, and theres a reason why the people who leased you the car can make money off of it twice. You paid them so damn much for a car that you lend for a period of time that they can actually sell it afterwards for even more profit
>>
I've bought a car without a clue what it had on it for miles.

Miles don't scare me. Great negotiating leverage as well.
>>
>>14103858
>can I sleep with your wife I'll give you a MILLION dollars
>HAHA CHUCKED
>>
>>14104374
just because someone else is making money too doesn't mean you're getting fucked
>>
>>14104672
>doesn't mean you're getting fucked
Yeah it does, because it's you they're making money off. What else do you think paying depreciation only times money factor means?

>just because someone else is making money too
>too
Funny, I never knew leasing a car was considered "making money".
>>
>>14104206
>paying off your mortgage
>dumb poorfag

Nigga. I own my house. And my car.
>>
>>14104734
>paying off your mortgage
>ever
You clearly don't know shit, fuck off.
>>
>>14104745
I paid mine off. There is no advantage not too. People think it's a tax break, but it isn't. If you have a mortgage credit certificate, you only get to deduct 25% of interest. If you pay it off, you are saving all the interest payments and principle.
tldr it's cheaper to have NO payments.
>>
>>14104752
Except then I'd lose a large item off my itemized deductions, and I'd rather use the advance payment on other investments.
>>
>>14104696
no m8 all that matters is how much it costs you.
doesn't matter what the other guy is doing or how he gets his bread. jealous cunt.

>>14104734
okay so you have 50 grand to either buy a new car outright or you can invest it in your business or whatever else.
feel free to do what ever the fuck you like but personally i'd buy stock as it's reasonably liquid.
i can lease actual good cars for far less than financing them (and finance cost me 2.5%).
nothing against buying a car but unless it's like an emotional purchase like project or older car I'm not gonna tie up around 50 grand (a substantial amount to me) in something when i could use that to make money when something comes up (hence the preference for liquid stock). for something like an appliance tier dd i wouldn't tie up more than 10k. which is all shit cars, hence the preference to lease.
>>
>>14103825
There is no "limit"

A visual inspection and thorough test drive should tell you everything you need to know if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>14104771
What could you possibly lose off itemized tax return? There is nothing to deduct for income tax. Only yearly interest paid.
>>
>>14104788
>no m8 all that matters is how much it costs you.
>"durr the only thing that matters are monthly payments"
Dumb as fuck.

>>14104788
>feel free to do what ever the fuck you like but personally i'd buy stock as it's reasonably liquid.
You're fucking stupid if you equate leasing to buying stock. Buying a car in general is investing in a depreciating asset, but leasing isn't even this. Leasing is literally renting. You aren't buying stock when you lease, you're buying alcohol and weed and using it up.

Why do I even care what you say? You obviously don't give a shit about your money and you're probably leasing a Jetta for $90 a month.
>>
>>14104836

people who are so married to their mortgage interest deduction dont really understand their own money or tax implication.

>have home loan and monthly payment
>being charged interest on remaining balance
>being able to declare the interest on the balance against your taxable income is good
>not realising if you had no loan payment, you don't need to have an exemption for interest because you're not fucking in debt anymore.
>not realising that mortgage interest deduction is meant to encourage people to get into loans and buy houses who otherwise would have to save up even longer.
>>
I bought my truck at 350,000 about 6 months ago, going strong at almost 400k now
>>
>>14103825
Lots of factors.

Make and model
Buying a recent car, or older car
Is the current mileage near expensive maintenance?
type of owner

Otherwise any toyota/honda made in the last 10 years is good to around 100k
will probably need a timing job done within 20k

a ford, I wouldnt buy over 40k
>>
>>14103837
but then i can't tune my car and i have to freak out about every ding and dent
>>
Don't even look at anything over 100,000 miles.

1st owners rarely keep their cars for long after the warranty runs out, and 2nd owners don't do maintanance.

Grab it around 80,000, do regular maintanance, and it will last til' 300,000 or beyond.

Let a normie asshole run it into the ground by 120,000 and you'll be lucky to get it to survive to 200,000.
>>
>>14108074

Go fuck yourself
I bought my first car with 200k+ miles on the body 120k+ on the engine
I love it
you're a piece of shit however
>>
>>14108089
Shut up faeggot, yap like a bitch again and I'll tear your fucking face off.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.