[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shitbox General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 22

File: 20150831_165336.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150831_165336.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Last friday, two hours into my shift, my clutch cable snapped. I didn't have anything in my car that would let me bodge up a fix, so I did without for the rest of my shift. Boy was it a pain to drive that thing without a clutch cable.

To shift it, I'd have to rev match it, and shove it in once the synchros have been beaten into submission. To get it going from a red light, I had to turn off the car, put it in first, and then use the starter to get the car moving. clutch cable and labor cost me $75 total, not too bad, about as much as I made the day that the cable snapped.

I didn't get a picture of the snapped clutch cable, but it looked like the connecting bit at the end, the bit that goes through the firewall, broke.

Also, shitbox general. Come on in, post your beaters, barely-working, "I can register it as a classic car!" shitboxes!
>>
>>14092044
What's Domino's driver compensation like? I want to drive for another chain because the atmosphere in my store is dogshit and I hate it. Bunch of lazy fucking trashbags who get to just take deliveries and leave without doing any inside work and me as the closing driver has to spend 2 hours every night cleaning up everything.
>>
File: metroenginebay.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
metroenginebay.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14092063
My store is completely corporately owned, as opposed to franchised, so your mileage may vary. Corporately owned stores only exist in NV and UT. Everywhere else is going to be franchised. I get minimum wage and tips. Tips, I take home at the end of the night, they add up all the money I owe from deliveries, and what's left over (after gas mileage allowance, and credit card tips are added) is what I take home that day. I deliver in a piss poor neighborhood, but my average is something like 2 deliveries an hour (completely average day, not super busy, not dead) and the average tip per customer (this is averaged all together, I didn't do the math for this) is about $3.50 (no I'm not joking, that's what it comes out to)

Average customer tip might differ based on your location, but I, on an extremely average day (or even below average day), stand to make around $15.25/hr ($8.25/hr+$7tips), although most days I'll make closer to around $18.25 ($8.25/hr+$10tips)

Really, it depends on how generous your customers are. The worst thing you can do is get mad at them for tipping you. Getting mad won't make them tip, and at worst, you'll get in trouble with your store. Just move on to the next delivery.

Oh, and gas. Where I'm at, they pay around 30c/mile for gas.
>>
>>14092096
That sounds just like my store except I get worked like a horse.

>12 drivers on a Friday night
>Not a single one of us in the store for more than 3 minutes
>I'm closing driver for Fridays and Saturdays
>By the time 10pm rolls around it's down to 2 drivers
>Everyone else was allowed to leave without doing any dishes, taking out any of the trash, sweeping any of the floors or cleaning any of the tables
>Phones still going berserk for the last hour
>11pm rolls around and we finally get to close
>Spend the next 3 hours cleaning

It used to be a cool place to work, but management is such shit now that they don't make anyone do anything
>>
>>14092125
My manager is shit, I used to have a good one, but they left to return to california. Now my new manager has no fucking clue what they're doing. At least, where I work, it dies down past around 8 or 10, and there's not much to be done. There's one guy at my store that closes most nights, he does the dishes, and doesn't have a problem doing all the other closing stuff.

I just found out today that my manager royally fucked up the schedule for the week of christmas. most weeks I have tuesday/wednesday off, but my manager didn't want to take away any hours this week because the store was closed for christmas, so he moved my second day off from wednesday to thursday, but he also removed tuesday, so he had me scheduled to work every fucking day this week except for christmas, with like 3.5 hrs each day. Fucking bullshit. I called him, he just told me to skip tuesday, but that still leaves my like 4 hrs shorter the entire week than I was supposed to be.

good fucking job.

At least the money is pretty good, although I'm trying to get a job somewhere else so I can move.
>>
>>14092096
Are those EFI or is there a carb under there?

I daily the older version with the G13A which is carbed.
>>
>>14092160
>and doesn't have a problem doing all the other closing stuff.

Prob doesn't have dishes stacked 6ft tall that take 2 whole hours to do at the end of the night when he finally gets back into the store 40 minutes after closing.
>>
>>14092167
Throttle body fuel injection. Slightly better fuel economy compared to the carb'd version. Still dead simple to work on.
>>
semi beater owner here, how do i make it a full blown beater?

its literally my dream to own one car that applies to this list http://www.stillruns.com/beaters/results.php
:/\)
>>
>>14092182
Cool.

Is that battery just sitting there unrestrained and where is the bolt holding the air cleaner housing gone?
>>
>>14092201
Yeah, the battery is just sitting there. Also, what bolt? it's got that spinny bit sort of like a wingnut that holds it on.
>>
File: IMG_20151214_31450.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151214_31450.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
Ayy pizza bro.

Got a brand new OEM clutch kit for $25 from a busy and got her swapped in last weekend. Went through the 500 mile break in phase that week and she feels like a brand new car.

Got called in today. Wasn't really up for it but it was raining hard plus there was a football game, two things that makes mad tips. Worked around five hours and got $74, one customer tipped $20. Was worth fighting my windows fogging non-stop.

>pic related, the maiden voyage right after the clutch was installed
>>
>>14092211
>just sitting there

Bolt it down if you don't want a hole burnt in the hood when you go over a bump.
>>
>>14092313
I go over a shit ton of bumps. No holes yet.
>>
File: fire2.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
fire2.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
>>14092349
You don't want any.
>>
File: 0309131305.jpg (457KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
0309131305.jpg
457KB, 960x1280px
>>14092367
>>14092349
Just get black bungees. Been holding my battery for 3 or four years now. Had a few offs and it never moves

>King shitbox
>>
>>14092367
>>14092380
Yeah, I should probably do that, but honestly, I give so few shits about the condition of my car. I've put on around 40k/30k miles since I got it in may (lots of trips to LA, and pizza driving puts tonsa miles)

It's a fight just keeping it working fully, although I think I've got most of the major stuff out of the way, I can start moving on to cosmetic damage, the driver seat, maybe the paint? idk. I'll need to rust-proof it once I get it up to Washington.
>>
File: IMG_20151207_5512.jpg (343KB, 1759x989px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151207_5512.jpg
343KB, 1759x989px
>>14092446
I'm thinking about taking mine on a long trip sometime next year, about 666 miles. I'm sure it can pull it off since I do at least 60 miles a day at work but that's a long ass trip. Really I just have a few problems that bother me.

>shorted out my IACV so it acts up a lot and my idle is 1.5k minimum, replacing should fix it
>upper control arm at the driver rear side is fucked and needs replaced, but one of the bolts refuses to come out so the wheel has negative camber I don't want

I had a big ole list that I made when I first got the car and I'm proud to say I cleared most of the major things out. All that's left is minor things I can put off like a new steering wheel and making the hatch area nicer (solid floorboard to go over the spare tire and fabric along the rear of the back seats and the floor).
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Ive posted it before on here, 82 Corolla.
Its my commuter car/rolling project.
Need to fix acouple small things on it and ill be comfy with it.
>>
File: 0309131345.jpg (293KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
0309131345.jpg
293KB, 1280x960px
>>14092483
Find some junkyard wheels stat.

Crusty 14" oem
>>
>>14092497
15" jeep steelies with 195/65 kept original diameter and look much better.
>>
File: 20151119_192935.jpg (199KB, 1759x989px) Image search: [Google]
20151119_192935.jpg
199KB, 1759x989px
>>14092483
>front end different shade from the rest of the car

I know that feel.
>>
>>14092506

>I'm dumb.
>>
File: 20150815_160038.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150815_160038.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14092476
>>14092483
If I ever get all my shit together, and stop being a poorfag, I want to assemble a euro spec Subaru Justy from a 5 door metro and some imported parts.

Basically, euro spec subaru justy was a metro/cultus/swift/whatthefuckever, but it had the 4 cyl engine (woo, 71 hp!) and AWD, which makes it good for snow.

>>14092510
>>14092483
Haha, fuckers, I've got a two-tone paint job!
>>
>>14092518
I thought the eudm was a rebadged mazda 121.
>>
>>14092518
That's at least 5 tones
>>
>>14092524
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Justy

Botton of page, 2nd gen subaru justy, is a first gen metro/whatever gen cultus rebadge.

>>14092527
It's a fade two tone, see?
>>
>>14092529
Boy that is something.

It would probably be just as cheap or cheaper to import the whole car. $93/m3 drive on drive off shipping and that doesn't take up much acerage. UK is English speaking so securing a broker should be easy.
>>
>>14092541
I thought the issue with imports was usually getting them registered. I guess I could do that, and just transplant the guts to an american body. I don't really want to go through the headache of trying to get a foreign vehicle registered in the states, which I can avoid simply by using the shell of a USDM car.
>>
>>14092549
Yes bring a whole car over and swap goodies. You could even put the metro stuff in the subject shell and have a basher or make a mad max geo.

>may your i3 ride forever dusty in oxidization on the highways of Shitboxhalla
>>
>>14092572
The engine actually runs surprisingly well. Like I mentioned, there was a distributor issue a few months ago that cost a total of around $700 to fix, and my clutch cable recently broke, but engine just keeps purring along.
>>
>>14092518
Shit it seems like everybody had their own rebadged Metro. The original engine in my car was a 4 cylinder 75hp. I have a much more fun 125~hp that has been running like a dream since day one. Props to whoever swapped it in before I bought it.

>>14092577
Let's hope there won't be any more surprises in store for you in the middle of a shift.

>tfw oldest car in my Pizza Hut crew
>>
File: IMG_0546.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0546.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
No pics, but i use my Subaru Liberty 1991 as a beater for pizza deliveries

its getting pretty bad now, the exhaust is blown and it sounds like a v8, the engine blows a shitload of smoke and i need to check the engine oil all the fucking time, the trim is falling apart, the seats are stained, the tyres are bald and the spare is bulged, its shit on fuel and runs like crap.

I want a commodore or something else so i dont have to worry about shit breaking on me. Ive already had to limp it home mid deliveries to change cars to my Valiant to continue delivering
>>
>>14092577
Whoa. How did you end up paying $700 for a geo dizzy?
>>
>>14092584
I think that the metro is now in solid enough condition, that there won't really be any serious problems that pop up.

>>14092634
Engine conks out. Engine will run every few hours for about 2 minutes, figure out it's a problem with the fuel getting to the engine. Decide to replace the fuel pump. that's $150. Fuel pump isn't the problem. Car is still dying. Decide "FUCK IT, WE'LL TAKE IT TO A SHOP," they replace 2 relays, and the distributor, total cost of that work was $650. So I guess the total cost was actually $800. Honestly more than the car was worth, but fuck it, eh?
>>
>>14092678
>>14092634
I'm outski, I'll be on later.
>>
>>14092497
But i like my Original 13" wheels. Need to clean them and return them to stock look

>>14092510
Lel. The old fender was smashed and i replaced it with a white one, the hood was white too. Rattlecanned them to kinda match

>>14092518
>two tone poorfag master-race

>tfw the trunk leaks
Gonna get some sealant and nigger rig it, im planning to drive this car into the ground
>>
>>14092227
I wish I could get a job as driver but theres no way I could work 5 hours and be happy with $74. I drive a forklift and use cranes and I make $25/hr. Are there any driving jobs (trucking excluded) that make similar money?
>>
>>14092044
>>14092063
britfag domino's shitbox driver here
i just noticed that the car topper you guys already have is brand new to the franchise im working for.
we just switched over from the triangle shaped ones and im so glad i used the 12v acc rail for interior lights and a usb charger because of that ugly ass cable having to shut my door on it and have it mess up my minimal cable setup.
i get this feel that the franchises here are trying so hard to be like their american counterparts
>>
>>14092868
They are high risk for diabetes?
>>
>>14092529
im this >>14092868 guy. geo metros in the uk were suzuki swifts. i dont think we ever got the 4wd justy

>>14092873
honestly im pretty sure obesity rates in the UK are similar to the US
>>
>>14092830
getaway driver
>>
Guys i want to start my own pizza place but i don't live in the US and i'm very curious about some management aspects of the businesses you work at, be it corporate or family owned, big or small.

How do you keep the drivers from slacking off between runs? Cause i worked in the business and some drivers used to stop for coffee/food for up to 1 hour or more each run and you know what catastrophic results that can have when it's busy and there's tonnes of orders.

Also, how does the system really function? Do orders get taken on a call center and sent to each store correspoding to area or does each particular place have its own phones? Do you use special computer programs and screens everywhere to list the products that need making or is it a pen-and-paper kind of deal where everything gets written down ?

Say it's a busy night and there's 10 orders ready that need delivering, how do you keep a clusterfuck from happening on the oven? Do you just stack them in order? are there printed labels for each pizza box or does the oven guy just have a pen and write on the box?
>>
>>14092868
We don't like those because we always unplug our toppers when we go to bad areas
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My 91 tercel brahs, shits a tank
>>
UK domino's fag here
>>14092926
>Guys i want to start my own pizza place but i don't live in the US
pizza hut, papa johns and domino's have international franchises.
>How do you keep the drivers from slacking off between runs?
three strikes and fire them? have a probational period? instil a sense of comradery via good leadership, rewards and incentives?
> how does the system really function?
customer calls store and gives store postal code/address. store continues order if its inside its catchment area or tells them that they dont deliver to that area/which store will deliver there.
alternatively, customer begins by entering address/postal code into app/website (stick to phone calls if its a small local non big brand store), app/website automatically tells them whether they can have delivery or not and from which store. customer makes order
>Do you use special computer programs and screens everywhere to list the products that need making or is it a pen-and-paper kind of deal where everything gets written down?
payment by card is taken (can be done through phone) or customer specifies cash on arrival. order then goes from the till that the customer service employee operates to the make line screens where one employee slaps and stretches the dough, one sauces and adds cheese, one/two add toppings and one on the end will put it in the oven while prepping side orders i.e. chicken wings, wedges.
the oven has no doors on the front or the back and is on rails. it takes about 6 and a half to 7 minutes to go through. as soon as it enters the oven the guy that put it in will knock it off the make line list which sends the order to the drivers screen if its a delivery (ill explain that in a minute)

(continuation)
>>
(continuation)

>>14093073
>>14092926
after its gone through the oven an employee will take it out with essentially this big flat murder weapony type thing that i forget the official name of. the customer service employees other job is to add the corresponding stickers to the correct pizza boxes. the stickers print after the makeline knocks them off the make list. oven guy will know what the pizza is upon viewing it and then put it in the correct box placing it on the heat rack (rack of shelves with extremely hot light bulbs keeping everything warm)
from there either a driver or a customer service employee (ideally the driver who's actually taking the order) will collect all the items needed. the stickers on the boxes will tell them what they need and there are four types; side order, pizza, other and delivery slip. side order and pizza are obvious, other lists all the side orders too common for stickers/dips/ice cream/drinks etc. and the delivery slip is for the driver. it has the address, phone number, amount of items (to confirm his order is correct upon packaging), order number, price (with a little note saying whether its paid or not) a little not saying whether it was ordered online or not and the grid coordinates. the grid allocation is so you can look at the massive map instore by the drivers area which is grided according to the catchment area and be able to find the street if the drivers screen is broken or something.

now here's that magical drivers screen i mentioned

the drivers screen is a real time google maps view that says which drivers are on which deliveries and all the details of their current delivery. it shows you on a map what deliveries are where and a timer on them for approximately when they are due out of the oven. it'll show you what the best routes to take and reccomend which deliveries should go together. it also orders the drivers so one greedy guy cant take all the deliveries.

any more questions just ask
>>
>>14093129
Thanks for the replies and the great level of detail. It's always interesting to see how things are done in bigger places (being able to afford 5 people just to make the pizzas means you probably handle hundreds of orders/thousands of pizzas daily, at my old job there was just 1 guy that did all that, then again we only got like 60-70 orders/200-250 pizzas a day)

Does your place deliver with cars or with scooters?
If scooters, how do a bunch of feisty 18-25 yearolds not kill themselves on the daily on a job where speed = better tips ? Are there GPS modules on every vehicle to keep track of them and see if someones slacking?
Does the company buy any equipment? Is it limited to cheap stuff like tshirts or do they supply helmets and protective gear/ plastic raincoats/etc?

What happens when a driver calls in sick in the last moment? You know how killer it can get when it's going to be a busy day and you're short a delivery guy, do you just ring up the guys that are off duty and beg them to help?

Do you know of any cases of theft that have happened and what measures they took to prevent it in the future? I imagine it's quite easy for someone to snatch a bag of salami or even a can of coke when nobody's looking, how do you keep track of every little thing?
>>
>>14092879
>justy
We did but theyre hard as fuck to find.
When i used to live in the ghetto there was an old asian man that owned in that was in okay shape.
Luckily theres no rust in this state
>>
>>14093012
Lel i used to own a 94.
Make sure the 3fe or whatever doesnt have a leaking vavle cover gasket.
Mine had 256k before i sold it
>>
File: DSC_0010.jpg (507KB, 800x516px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0010.jpg
507KB, 800x516px
>>14092044
muh shitbox
>>
File: danger cart.jpg (89KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
danger cart.jpg
89KB, 960x720px
I smell jealousy inc
>>
File: Skidzplsgo.jpg (45KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Skidzplsgo.jpg
45KB, 960x540px
>>14092044
CO Domino's fag reporting in.

I have to use the shitty window-sign which fucks up my window motors bigtime.. Thanks T-Tops.

I make some pretty good money down here, if I work 9-6 on a busy day like Friday, sat, sun (even wednesday.. Weird as shit) I'll make around $100 in tips + my hourly. The gas mileage is brutal, though. They pay us 24/c a gallon at our store and that doesn't cover my incredible 14mpg v8.

Also, she broke down on me the other day. Fuel pump went out as I was taking a triple.. Poor fucks had to wait until another driver came by and picked up their food.

Our customers can be pretty stingy, especially because I deliver in a pretty mid-tier/high-end area. The poorer people normally tip more, while the ones with more money and fuckhuge houses tip around $1-$2.
>>
>>14094282

>delivering in a thirsty V8
>Putting miles on your bae for a delivery job.
>Not buying some shitheap Tercel/metro to do the work.

Why?
>>
File: 1409879180670.jpg (65KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1409879180670.jpg
65KB, 800x800px
>>14092044
How many failures can pizza bros expect in their cars? I'm wondering if a nicer car is a good idea, or a waste.
>>
>>14096436
I had a 97 Cavalier I was delivering in for a few months. Sold it and got a 2010 Legacy. 6months later I regret it and I'm paying off the loan triple the rate I should be so I can trade it in.
>>
>>14096438
Reliable is the key word.
>>
Using the starter to bump start a vehicle in 1st will rape the cranking amps of your battery, killing it, and frying your starter.

>source - experience
>>
My 95 Ford Escort. Thing has only 26K miles on it.
>>
>>14092601
>treating it that poorly
literally fuck you
>>
>>14097230
do you do tofu delivery in that
>>
File: Nissan-Sentra-coupe.jpg (148KB, 2008x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nissan-Sentra-coupe.jpg
148KB, 2008x1000px
I've got what is probably the last 1989 Nissan Sentra still running in the midwest.

On vacation right now, so pic is from google.

Bought it from some yuppie in cincinnati, Paid 800 for it, "only" has 118K miles, and practically ZERO rust. The paint is scratched to shit but overall in good condition, save for a few spots where some dingus bumped one of the fenders.

Runs well enough, Seems to have a vacuum leak since it hunts at idle, i think its in the brake booster since i can tap the brakes and get a small stutter.

I think i need a tranny mount, since i get a nice knocking when i jab on the throttle or make a hard shift, but it only happens in gear. Any ideas?
>>
>>14097347
>Any ideas?
Yeah, put a jack under that bitch and
L O O K
O
O
K
>>
>>14093698
> leaking vcg
Fucking does every tercel have that problem? My 86 does as well.
>>
>>14094282
how many times have you replaced the opti? just bought a roadmaster for cheap, it runs but im curious if i should just gut the lt1 for a 6.0.
>>
>>14097251
Nah man it's my first car. Got it from my neighbor. College kid needs to get around somehow.
>>
File: CAM01015.jpg (2MB, 2295x1413px) Image search: [Google]
CAM01015.jpg
2MB, 2295x1413px
>>14092044
>beaters
>barely working
>I can register it as a classic car

Yep
>>
>>14096438
The thing with delivery-driven cars is that you can expect to put *a lot* of miles on it. I average 50 miles a day, delivering, and I've put 13k miles on it since may. although I've been delivering with it since around july. If you deliver with a piece of shit, the problems that it already has, are going to come out from the very harsh conditions that it's driven under, IE, drive for 2 miles, shut it off, turn it back on, another 1 or 2 miles, shut it off, turn it back on, lots of stoplights, stop signs, really the only kind of car that I can think of that might go through more wear and tear than a delivery vehicle would be a police car, simply because they're on the road even more. To keep on top of my car, I've already put $1000 into it, but $600 of that was the "I NEED IT FIXED NOW" tax, that I could have avoided if my need weren't so urgent. To answer your question, if you start with a reliable car, you're going to have fewer problems, but drive long enough on any car, and problems *will* surface.
>>14094282
I think that there's a sweet spot for tips, where people that are uberpoor *can't* tip, and stingy rich fucks *won't* tip, whereas people who are more middle class, but know what it takes to work, will be more likely to tip, or give you the benefit of the doubt, although I mostly deliver to pretty poor areas.
>>
>>14097014
I know, I only did it for a day until I could get it fixed, and yes, I know it's absolutely fucking terrible for my car. So is shifting without a clutch. I could only pay for the work on my vehicle that I needed with the tips I got from finishing that shift.
>>
>>14097836
floating gear changes is fine if you properly Rev match.
I float all my shifts in my truck.
This is the same truck I cooked the battery and starter in when my slave cylinder popped.
>>
>>14097583
Pretty much.
What ive found over the years is that when the factory vcg starts leaking, people swap them but dont put any sealant on the corners where theres a 90 degree angle, so the gaskets start slowly leaking there. Then they leak oil down the block or lose oil to the point of the engine seizing.
4 tiny drops of sealant are what decides the fate of that engine alot of the time

Also drove the piss out of my Corolla yesterday on my way home.
4.5-5k the entire way, now the pan gasket has a minor oil leak
>tfw too hot
>>
>>14099067
I did my best to float shift, but the metro doesn't have a tach (fun fact, the odometer only has 6 digits [xxxxx.x] so I have no idea whether it's got 170k miles or 270k miles. Hell, for the condition it's in, it might even only have 70k miles, but I somehow doubt it) so trying to rev match was a real bitch. The basically, I just shifted at the points where my speed was at the bottom of the gear, which is 15/25/30/40 although it really didn't like taking fifth, I think because fifth is really long.
>>
>>14099138
My truck has no tach also. I go by feel.
>>
>>14097690
As long as you don't run it through a carwash or pressure-wash the engine bay, your opti shouldn't prematurely fail. It's been replaced once in the car's lifetime, and that was at 80k if I recall.
>>
File: IMG_0205.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>tfw you bought a shitbox for your 108 mile commute but recently quit and no longer need a shitbox.

>>14093012
How many miles have you got on that? My friend had one that finally died at 376k.
>>
>>14100954
Which one is the shitbox you're talking about?
>>
>>14097242
>literally have to take out the engine to fix something as simple as valve stem seals
Theres a reason why its all falling apart and im working pizza deliveries. its because im poor. Driving it i dont abuse it and do preventative maintenance. But as soon as something breaks i still need to use it as a daily
>>
>>14092063
I know this feel m8. Everyone at my job is lazu af too. Papa johns tho. Autozone is hiring tho so might check them out and quit this job
>tfw just got $20 tip
>>
>>14101440

the honda
>>
Hey Mojave Metro do you guys have that Dominos Chevy Spark? I saw one for the first time tonight doing a delivery.
>>
>>14102022
I don't think that Las Vegas is a test area for that, and none at my stare have it, although that's not saying much, as my store is in the ghetto part of Vegas. I don't think the DXPs have reached vegas yet.
>>
>>14103505
I know I read an article about them a long time ago but I didn't think my small town would be a test area for one. It looks kind of neat but I think I'd be bored out of my mind if I had to drive a Spark every day.

I actually think Pizza Hut is supposed to be getting their own cars too. Boss said we would have a choice whether or not we want to drive them but we would forfeit our mileage pay if we drove one.
>>
>>14103536
Just found a forbes article on them. Also, There aren't specific "test areas" it's actually up to the franchisees, or General managers (in the case of corporately owned stores) whether they get a DXP. At $20k-$25k, it seems like a few GMs/franchisees thought it was a worthy investment.

To quote:
>They’re being delivered to 25 different markets across the country, including Boston, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans, San Diego and Seattle over the next three months.
>>
>>14103558
That's pretty cool. The Domino's nearest to my Pizza Hut doesn't have one as far as I know but I saw it at the border between two store's delivery ranges so I think it was the one on the other side of town.

I thought it was just a concept and wouldn't actually become a thing. Hopefully it doesn't become a mandatory replacement for personal cars in the future. Driving my own car is the biggest reason I enjoy the job aside from the tips.
>>
>>14103583
At this point, it's for drivers who don't want to put the wear on their own cars, and also have the time and experience that their managers trust them with a store-owned vehicle. Also consider the advantage for the driver, in that with the car being owned by the store, the store actually has to insure it, not the driver, whereas with most drivers driving their own cars, they just keep consumer insurance, so they're not covered if they get in an accident on the job.

also, consider that this is probably the first step to partially automated delivery vehicles. I don't think that we're going to get to fully automated delivery vehicles because there's always going to be a need for someone to interface with the customer, at least for the foreseeable future, but I think that these cars are the first step to automation, even if they're not automated themselves.
>>
>>14103583
Here's a map with DXPs in the US

http://www.dominosdxp.com/#locations/enter-zip
>>
>>14103605
I guess they passed the car over to my town from New Orleans, which is only fifteen miles away roughly. Pretty neat.
>>
>>14103625
That's possible, although that's quite a rapid turnaround, as the DXPs are quite recent.
>>
File: 2014-01-21 10.56.59.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-21 10.56.59.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I miss the snow
>>
>>14092044
Whats the diffrance between the robust and hearty marinara?

Also that 7.99 carry out deal you guys do is mint
>>
Hey guys,

Is the 1999 VW Passat GLS Wagon a good choice for my next budget car? It has only 56k and it's selling at 4k at a dealership. Carfax is clean. I took a look at it today and there wasn't any rust or scratches on the car. I didn't have time to test drive today but I'm going to do that on Saturday.

My dad thinks the maintenance costs are gonna be too high but looking at the prices of the tires, brake parts, oil, spark plugs and a few other things. They seem cheaper. I'm guessing the service price might be the kicker but my Dodge shitbox must go before the Wisconsin Winter kicks into high gear.

I think this is gonna be one of the better deals for me. What do you think?

Also is the meme about VWs being expensive to maintain true? I mean any car is expensive if you don't take care of it. But am I going to be paying that much more?
>>
>>14104727

Fuck I wish we had wawa on the west coast. Their iced coffee is so good.
>>
>>14106201
are you Corradofag?
>>
>>14104739
Honestly I've got no idea what you're talking about. We've got 1 regular pizza sauce we make by the tub, there's a different sauce, that's closer to marinara that we can top the pizzas with, and there's small sauce cups of marinara that are probably closer to the not pizza sauce. I've got no idea what the difference between the pizza sauce and the marinara is, although I've been assured there is a difference.
>>
>>14106750
>>14104739
Also, AfterI did the math, I figured out that the 7.99 carry-out deal and the 5.99 for 2md/2top pizzas are our best deals for area of pizza, only beaten by employee discount on large specialty pizzas.

Our worst deals are on small pizzas, for which there are no coupons, so the small pizzas are absurdly overpriced/the margins are massive.
>>
>>14092044

Dude I saw you and your shitbox the other day, did you see me in my white miata? I went for some tacos right after autocross.
>>
>>14106824
I might have, I pass a lot of cars. Was it at the El Tizon's? I think I remember seeing a white miata, but there's a bunch of miatas and I don't have room in my brain for remembering everything that happens when I'm on the job. I'll be at work later tday, from two to eventually, stop by and say hi, if I'm not on delivery.
>>
>>14106840

Yeah it was El Tizons. It was a white NA miata, black hardtop, had conefag stickers all over it. Only reason I went is because its closeish to the speedway, its too far from my house. But I'm sure I'll see you again.
>>
>>14106862
Funny thing, my store actually delivers to the speedway. Usually good tips out there, too, since all the other places that deliver out there will give a delivery estimate of an hour and we'll get a pizza there in 40 minutes if we're not stuffed with orders.
>>
>>14106201
Their Ice Coffee is the best, overall though I prefer Sheetz though
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.