[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electronic Steering Hate Bread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: shittier.jpg (53KB, 678x366px) Image search: [Google]
shittier.jpg
53KB, 678x366px
Just bought my first car with electric "servotronic" steering. Anyone else hate this shit as much as me? I swear it feels like garbage and you have to put far more effort into keeping the car headed straight versus good old hydraulic.
>>
>>14090891
Armstrong steering was the best sonny, I don't know why they keep tinkering with something that works. If it aint broke don't fix it
>>
>>14090891
servotronic is hydraulic
i don't think it has ever worked well
>>
>>14090891
>mfw turning off the engine while coasting down mountain roads
>>
>>14090891
Someone didn't get a Mazda.
>>
After driving all three, non-assisted steering is the best, but the cars that have it need it. You wouldn't be able to move the wheel under your own power on a modern pigfat FWD box.
>>
a couple new cars are making electric power steering work well, the bmw 2 series has it and the steering feel on that is fine.

it's just taken a really long time to refine it and dial it in and get the response nuanced enough
>>
>>14090891
What kind of car?
>>
>>14090957
fuck, thought i was the only one to do this, i also pump the brakes until i loose vacuum so it takes nearly all my strength to stop. shits p.fun, scares the absolute fuck out of bike riders though since they rely on the engine noise to tell if someone's coming around the corner.
>>
>>14090955
>servotronic is hydraulic
http://www.bosch-automotive-steering.com/en/products/car-steering-systems/servotronic.html
The point is the steering wheel isn't "real." The system is electronic and not mechanical.
>>
>>14091066
non assisted is cool, but it can get pretty hektik when you're correcting oversteer and it wants to snap the wheel out of your hands a bit.

its also a bitch at low speed if you still city drive it.

i think a low ratio linear power assisted rack is the best of both worlds.
>>
>>14090891
NSX and S2000 both used electrically assisted steering and feel fantastic to drive
>>
>>14090891
Why did you buy it then? And how the fuck have you managed to buy such a piece of shit that your electric steering is harder work than hydraulic? Sounds like you may have bought a salvaged car or something in bad need of alignment. Either way, you're a faggot, OP.
>>
File: teaparty.jpg (85KB, 659x372px) Image search: [Google]
teaparty.jpg
85KB, 659x372px
>>14091274
>Why did you buy it then?
Because old cars get old and shitty bud.
>POS
Besides the steering my new X5 is 10/10 an much improved over my older pre-facelift e53. My only complaint is how weird electronic steering feels.

If you don't have experience with different steering systems you won't get it. Besides, i'm just shitposting stop getting your feminine penis all bunched up.
>>
>>14090891
I like it. It saves horsepowers. People who complain about steering feel are normally like wine snobs are with vino. Not that some steering feels aren't fuckt, like the Alpha Romeo 4C.
>>
>>14090891
its great, love that feeling when you can literaly throw the steering wheel 180 degrees at 30 with one hand

bring back non-assit steering so all these newfags can get some roadfeel, its safer
>>
File: BrickYellowFront34.jpg (369KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
BrickYellowFront34.jpg
369KB, 800x533px
>>14091419
While I don't disagree with you anon, I challenge you to drive the same car back to back with hydraulic and electronic assisted steering. It's just not the same.
>>
>>14090891
I've been driving a new car with electric steering, and I'm not sure if its the electric part, but my hands go fucking numb every 10 minutes or so.

Remind you, my daily is a poly pushing/engine mount, balance shaft delete, poly everything 80's sport coupe with truck steering, where everything vibrates. Its like sitting on top of an unbalanced load washing machine.
anyway, hands NEVER went numb driving that thing.

Dont know what gives.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.