[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Cleaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: img6763j.jpg (264KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
img6763j.jpg
264KB, 800x598px
What do you guys use to clean your cars? Inside and outside?
>>
Mexicans
>>
File: IMAG0420.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0420.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
This isn't even all of it, I bought a foam cannon not to long ago, I'll buy shit that's on sale to see if its a better product or not. I learned that mothers is not as good as meguiars, and chemical guys is good but over priced.
>>
>>14090664
>I learned that mothers is not as good as meguiars, and chemical guys is good but over priced.

That's just your opinion
>>
Dish soap
>>
Inside: Vacuum + warm water soaked cloth
Outside: Dishwashing detergent then wax
>>
>>14090685
>>14090687
I hear dishwashing liquid is bad?
>>
>>14090643
the outside I let nature take care of

the inside I use lysol wipes, windex and paper towels, and I vacuum.
>>
>>14090693

soap is soap
>>
>>14090693
Unlike most car soaps dish soap doesn't have wax in it, so it's good if you are prepping your car to paint, clay bar, etc. anything but final washing
>>
File: clueless.png (2KB, 179x139px) Image search: [Google]
clueless.png
2KB, 179x139px
>put shampoo in one of those water vacuum cleaners
>turn off
>bubbles everywhere
>bubble party in the neighborhood
technology aint for me
>>
I have a big 2 tank air compressor, is there a foam gun attachment I can get?
>>
>>14090693
There's a lot of salt in dish soap.
>>
>>14090670
Lol ok, more professionals use meguiars than mothers or autoglym out of the general stuff that's available. Mothers doesn't improve the product like meguiars does, also mothers polishing system is not nearly as good as meguiars da system
>>
I bought my Honda shitbox at a used Audi dealer. I get free car washes so I just go to the same dealer car wash that 100k Benz and Audi are being washed at.
>>
>>14090643
I use jizz desu
>>
File: 1438150045993.gif (213KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
1438150045993.gif
213KB, 495x495px
First, I hit the wheels, and using some type of Iron remover, like Iron-X, and give them a good scrub with a soft-bristled brush. Iron-X other parts too, if it really needs it. I haven't found much need as my cars don't get a ton of highway time.

Then, just a standard wash working from top to bottom. Making sure to do the two bucket method. Typically speaking if it hasn't been touched for a while I'll use a heavier shampoo such as Chem Guys Citrus Wash.

If I have a coating on it I use CarPro Reset which is gentler, but still attacks dirt.

Next, I'll wash off the collateral damage from the wheels and then clay if needed. (Protip: Don't bother with clay lube. Just use your soapy water)

After that, dry the car down with a microfiber towel, and then move to correction if I need to. This usually involves a DA polisher, and a few compounds to get a deep shine back.

From there, I'll toss on a simple coating, such as CarPro Reflect, and that lasts for about 3-4 months in the summer.

For maintenance washes, I just give it a wash down, and toss on some liquid wax. Gives it a nice sheen before meets.
>>
>>14090780
Meguiars is now owned by 3M. They have a lot more money to put toward R&D now. Plus, their shit works. We use 3M in the shop. It get the job done quick.
>>
>>14090936

For the interior, since mine is a newer car and isn't an exotic, I just simply vacuum, give the windows a wipe down with some cleaner, and do some quick detailer on the shiny plastic parts.

Since I have cloth seats, all they need is a vacuum, and if they smell nasty, a spritz of febreze.

I also make sure to wash down my weather mats as well. It's also important to get human slime off of the gear shifter, and buttons as well, to help keep things nice.

I know some guys go balls-to-the-wall and use a polisher on their interior pieces, and put a coating on them as well, but that's a little overkill.

It really all depends on how autistic you are with your washing and what your results are. You can get fantastic results if you know what you're doing with fairly basic tools. You can also screw up everything with higher end stuff as well.

Also, there's a lot of memeshit and pseudoscience in the detailing world- Just stick to established practices and if anything sounds too good to be true, just google a review. Try to avoid Chemical Guys stuff, except for their citrus wash. It's ok- but it's not great. Megs is fantastic as well. Pros use it all the time. 105 and 205 are near impossible to beat.
>>
>>14090936
I read that in Patrick Bateman's voice
>>
File: Aquapel-cleaner1.jpg (105KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
Aquapel-cleaner1.jpg
105KB, 250x245px
Has anyone else used foam window cleaner?

This shit is like $8/bottle and now I can't go back to windex because it's so fucking good.
>>
>>14090984
It says ass
>>
>>14090969
Do you hate people that have more detailed cars than you?

Are you a psychopath?
>>
>>14091014

No. I'm just into washing and polishing.
>>
I used to spray my car down really well to get as much dirt and debris off my car first, then I used meguiars with one of those hand foam things, rinsed well and used a liquid wax, can't remember what kind. Interior was always vacuum, and soapy/clean water buckets. Ammonia free windex for the windows and a few well hidden air fresheners. Car didn't really get dirty as I cleaned it atleast once a week.
>>
>>14090643
course cutting compound every 12 months, its a white van, who gives a fuck?
>>
>>14090938
>cleaning supplies
>R&D departments
kek
>>
>>14091308
How the hell do you think they get those chemical mixtures? Do you even know what R&D is?
>>
>>14091329
>How the hell do you think they get those chemical mixtures?
Most are just someone who mixed different types of food.
>>
Question... when drying with a microfibre towel, should you dampen it? or should it be completely dry?
>>
>>14091338
Get it soaking wet.
Wring it out.
Microfiber towels don't soak up water.
Water soaks up water.
>>
>>14090643
I don't.
>>
>>14090693
Dish soap is a de greaser and will remove any wax on your car. So only if you want to re wax >>14090936
I like to put carnauba wax over synthetic wax provides best look imo
>>14090984
invisible glass by stoner is good
>>
>>14091024
>He is legitimately into washing and polishing on an American washing and polishing forum.
>>
1500 PSI Pressure washer first, To get as much off before washing - Especially if it's muddy - Prevents scratches and saves on work.

Usually just that, Spraying it well with the pressure washer, Getting the wheel arches, underneath the car, etc...

Then I take it to a local automatic car wash that does really well.

Too lazy and broke to afford the proper products to clean it myself. For every 5 washes, I get 1 free... So it's cheaper than one bottle of decent wash and wax... Probably not as effective, but meh.

I really wish I could take the pressure washer to the inside of the car, Would get dirt trapped in the cracks and panel gaps that takes ages to get with spray cleaner and a rag.

Does anyone know if using hot water to wash a car is better or worse? My outside hose has a hot and cold setting, and the hot water in my house is super fucking hot, Like... Will practically boil noodles coming out of the tap.
>>
>>14093745
>Does anyone know if using hot water to wash a car is better or worse?
Everything washes better in warm water.
>>
>>14093896

But some will argue that soap, (Well, Certain soaps) come off better with cold water... So the information is conflicting.
>>
File: 20150823_163810_resized.jpg (2MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20150823_163810_resized.jpg
2MB, 2656x1494px
Exterior, in order for a normal proper wash
>super degreaser all over
>wheel cleaner on the wheels
Let it sit for a few minutes
>powerwash it all off
>apply wheel cleaner again and use rough sponge to rub off the more solid dirt spots on the wheels that remains
>warm water, car shampoo and sponge, clean entire car
>powerwash it off

Interior;
>Autoglym leather care balm, massage the steering wheel and gear selector with it
>vacuum everything
>microfiber cloth for dahsboard
>normal wet rag & water mixed with normal cleaning soap for stuff like doorarches, dirty areas where feet have touched and such
>>
>>14093907
Depends on your level of autism.
I use warm water because I dont like getting cold hands, then rinse off with a normal cold water hose
>>
>>14093949
>Powerwash

Won't that hurt your car? I feel like a fucking powerwasher is a bit intense.
>>
>>14093961

it wont if you have a clear coat you fucking moron.
>>
>>14093973
Hey don't be a cunt, was a legitimate question.
Does a clear coat get professionally put on or can I buy a product to do that?
>>
File: 8980787232798[1].jpg (44KB, 585x600px) Image search: [Google]
8980787232798[1].jpg
44KB, 585x600px
>>14093961
Can't use that is too poweful, and with any tool you need to know how to use it

Not too close, not too far away
>>
>>14090643
>Outside
Ammo Foam Paint Cleanser
Ammo Hydrate Paint Moisturizer
Ammo Skin Defense Coat
Ammo Spit Emergency Shine
Mother's Polished Aluminum Wheel Cleaner
Stoner's Invisible Glass
Nanolex Premium Glass Sealant

this is my monthly wash kind of thing

>Inside
Mother's Leather Wash
Mother's Leather Cream
Stoner's Invisible Glass

i vacuum the inside every two weeks but if i spill something i use the cleaner

the only time i used dish soap was when i needed to compound or polish

side note question while we're on the subject of cleaning/detailing cars
how do i repaint a spoiler?
im planning of going the spray can method cause its cheaper
what good spray can brands are there?
the color is deep sea blue metallic
>>
>>14094008
Cant use that if its too poweful* what the fuck english
>>
>>14090643
desu
>>
File: 1448907152085.png (147KB, 432x490px) Image search: [Google]
1448907152085.png
147KB, 432x490px
Gotta keep that shitbox immaculate with $200+ of over hyped cleaning products yo!
>>
Exterior
>wet
>apply soap with sponge
>scrub any spots
>scrub wheels clean
>rinse
>hand dry with microfiber towel
>apply armor all on all plastic trim
>apply wax
>remove wax
>apply tire wet

Interior
>remove mats
>steam clean mats
>vacuum interior carpeting
>apply armor all on the console and plastic parts
>apply leatherique cleaner to seats
>apply leatherique conditioner to seats
>rub off remainder with microfiber towels
>invisible glass to clean inside windows
>leave windows open in garage to get that cleaner smell out of car
>>
>>14090643
> Outside
Generic wash/wax stuff, and soft water from a tap in the house. Rinsed with regular hard water, though.

> Inside
Vacuum cleaner and a damp cloth. I've got a pot of beeswax and jojoba oil for treating the interior with, and I really should get around to using that. Shit works on plastic and fake leather as well as real leather, so it's good for everything except the seats. Good for my boots, too.
>>
>>14090693
Not dishwasher liquid. Generic washing-up liquid. The sort of stuff marketed as 'kind to hands'.

The vans at work are washed with it, and they don't show any problems with it paintwork. And they're literally scrubbed clean with a brush.
Doesn't damage the vinyls, either, and also strips the filth off the concrete of the loading bays.
'Industrial vehicle de-greaser' is way better if you can get hold of it. I have no idea where they get it, but it'll shift anything off anything.
>>
Outside: Automated car wash. Sometimes I spring for the $8 one.

Inside: kek
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.