[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

What do you guys on /o/ think about buying a '90 Accord for $1300? It's a west coast car, so rust isn't an issue. It's a five speed stick, with alloys. Clutch and flywheel 9k ago.

I can't seem to find any issues with it. I'm apprehensive about buying a car with 280k miles on it, but it's a good price and I've seen a number of these things crack a million miles.

Anybody have experience with these things?
>>
My sister had one when she was in high school, I drove it a decent amount. I fucking loved that car. It got totaled last summer when she was rear ended, RIP ;_;

The gasket around the camshaft is prone to failure, resulting in spark plug wells that are filled with oil. It's like $30 for parts and maybe an afternoon's work if you're really slow. Also rust around the rear wheel wells, the panel will come off and there's just nowhere to bolt it back on. Ours was duct taped for years.
>>
Do it. If it was an auto I would say no but since it's not go for it
>>
>>14089777
Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up. That's one thing I'm trying to get an idea of; if there are any major issues these guys are prone to at these miles.
>>
FUCKING AUTO TRAN IS TRASH!!
Thats about it, look for normal wear and tear, cv joints, tie rods rack and pinion boot. Uh make sure you stock up on igniters or youll end up like me, wasting money on a fuel pump, only to find out the igniters in these things are bad.
>>
File: test12.jpg (351KB, 1155x866px) Image search: [Google]
test12.jpg
351KB, 1155x866px
>>14089871
Also get use to the famous honda tick, unless you want to spend money on adjusting the valves ( I reccomend it.)
>>
>>14089876
what the fuck.
why do those lines completely change the picture
>>
File: royktt.png (122KB, 282x364px)
royktt.png
122KB, 282x364px
>>14089731
Ask for VIN form seller, post it in VIN thread and see what comes up. Do not buy a salvage title car
>>
>>14089731
are you dead set on a Honda?
>>
>>14089876
Valve adjustments are really easy to do yourself.
>>
>>14089986
I had a look tonight. It's a definite no-go. The guy did a bait and switch sort of thing. There were so many little things wrong with it and I can confirm 100% that the pictures on the listing were of a different car:

The pictures show clean Accord with no paint issues and a like-new interior. I can also tell that picture was of an EX because it shows a sunroof, but this car was a DX and did not have a sunroof. It didn't even have electric windows. It had a fucking shitty subwoofer in the back that wasn't hooked up. I mean shit, there were so many things and I can't believe he actually had the audacity to use pictures from a different model accord.

Anyway, it goes without saying that I didn't buy that piece of shit from that piece of shit
>>
>>14090015
I really like the 4th gen accords for a number of reasons, but I'm definitely not dead set; if I saw another better or equally good car, I would be happy to go for it. It has to be a stick though. I know it sounds pedantic but I just genuinely don't like driving autos, especially not autos from the 90's.
>>
>>14089731
fine, i'll be the one to call you out for it. Noko in the Name line much?
>>
>>14091627
I also forgot to mention the paint was pealing everywhere, there was a big strip of reflective material covering up a bunch of rust on the rear quarter panel, the windshield was cracked, the automatic seatbelts weren't working and it seemed to hesitate a bit under throttle.
>>
Good job passing it up.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14089731
Expect to replace worn parts, like you would with any other old car.

Hope the owner replaced the timing belt and water pump recently.

>>14089871
Are you sure it's the transmission and not the TCU or solenoids a that are trash?

These computers seem the have been replaced several times from the previous owners of my Accord.

It's not difficult to replace, but they're $300.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.