[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /o/ ever dream of owning multiple of the same car? Running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: field-o-cars.jpg (69KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
field-o-cars.jpg
69KB, 400x268px
Does /o/ ever dream of owning multiple of the same car?
Running or not?
I often dream of having multiple corollas. Some for play. Some for DD. Some for parts. Some for testing weird things. Some to cut in half and drive around. Some to cut into a truck.
Oh the fun that could be had.
>>
>>14088232
I live the dream. It's alright. I got a '95 Accord sedan(autotragic) as a gift from my mom when I was 16, and I bought a '94 Accord wagon with an incredibly rare factory 5spd this last summer.

I plan on selling the sedan, I loved it to death but the wagon has more versatility and thats what I care about right now. And the automatic trans will die eventually and Manuel will live to be an old man.
>>
>>14088359
Good ol' Manuel.
He's a good fella. I hope he stays around for a long time.
>>
File: 20151214_154436.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151214_154436.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I have 2 of the same trucks does that count?
>>
I've had three 240 wagons in my driveway at one time, all under my ownership.

Sold two of them, then bought another earlier this year running and driving for $450. Now just that and my DD which just rolled 250k miles.
>>
>>14088400
Nice. Why did you sell the others?
>>
File: trailer001-1.jpg~original.jpg (167KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
trailer001-1.jpg~original.jpg
167KB, 800x600px
Does it count as multiples when you build a trailer for your Cherokee from a Comanche bed? Because I'd do that. They match so neatly.
>>
>>14088417
That's actually really nice
>>
File: min240.jpg (68KB, 702x524px) Image search: [Google]
min240.jpg
68KB, 702x524px
>>14088406

I got good offers.

1st was and still is my DD '90 w/ 250k miles
Second, a '91 245 I bought from a friend for $700 who was moving to the other coast. Took the wheels and roof rack rails with fairing off and sold it for $1300 after a year of sitting in the driveway.
-3rd was an '89 wagon project car that the PO pulled the motor from, cleaned it up, had the head rebuilt, new seals and fresh paint. Body was great with only 142k, interior mint. Bought for $500, sold for $1800
4th I spotted on CL. '92 245, asking $800, needed pads and rotors bad, drove well otherwise. Got them down to $450 and drove it 2hrs north to my parents house. Put new pads and rotors on, rebuild front calipers, re-man'd rears, $200 for everything. The car is very straight, but the paint is rough on the hood and roof. Only 197k miles but I'm gonna go all out on this one. Pull motor and trans, clean everything, new seals and full tune up then full paint. I'm going to make it my new DD once its done so I can restore and turbo my '90 DD.

Almost there, just need to square away a few things on the DD before I jump to the '92.

I also bought an '84 roller for $200 and then chopped it up before I bought the '92. Got lots of good parts from it including a lot from a '93 sedan the PO had scrapped after it caught fire.

240's have treated me very well over the past few years since I bought my first one.
>>
>>14088482
>I'm gonna go all out on this one
Good man. I love when people restore worthy cars.
>>
>>14088494
Thanks m8. They're very easy cars to work on and parts are abundant. All you need is some time, space and a little bit of money.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.