[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delivery Drivers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 22424.jpg (145KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
22424.jpg
145KB, 1200x800px
Any other delivery drivers on here? Looking forward to the week ahead?

Admit it, you can do it, but your going to be fucked over by your in store team....
>>
Just saw a (package) delivery driver baseball-throw a package back into his truck, almost raging.

I feel for you guys. Industry's got to be shit these days and customers are assholes.
>>
exactly the level of grammar i'd expect from a truck driver.
>>
Tescos driver here.

Not looking forward to Tuesday night and Wednesday day time. All those slots are fully booked.

I did get tipped tonight though so those fuckers better give me some money.

(I feel this thread will not take off which is an interesting one for me)
>>
>>14076219
what possible excuse could a grown man have for throwing a tantrum at work?

it called work, not fun.
>>
>>14076221
brootal
>>
>>14076206
>9-5ers whine about driving a box truck
come out here with the big trucks. Least you all get home every night.
>>
>>14077815
>muh big rig elitism
>muh job is harder than yours real man ego
you know u can just quit and work somewhere else right
>>
File: 04_32_4_web.jpg (108KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
04_32_4_web.jpg
108KB, 600x400px
>>14077815
Those guys are getting to play Santa for minimum wage.
Take care out there.
>>
>>14076221

>all lower case.
>>
>>14076206
Postie here. Christmas is rough, the weather (40C+) more than the overtime though. Get paid extra though so there's that.
>>
>>14077959
Yeah those Christmas cards get pretty heavy.
>>
>>14077970
We do small parcels as well. It does add up pretty quickly this time of year.
>>
>>14077395
My coworker throws tantrums at work all the time. I'm trying really hard to get him fired but I don't seem to be making any progress. The dude just fucking bangs on shit, badmouths the work place and makes it all around unenjoyable but acts like a saint around our superiors. I'm going to start recording his shit next tantrum he throws. Not like, secret recording, but just pull out my phone and film it and watch him flip his shit at me so I can show them what I have to fucking put up with.
>>
>>14079518
Make sure it's legal. In Australia recording someone (audio) isn't legal without permission. Amusingly, video is perfectly fine.
>>
>>14079529
Pretty sure it's the same here, video is ok but audio isn't without permission. I try to tell him that he doesn't want to work here cuz he talks about how shitty this place is and how he can "get a job anywhere else whenever he wants" but that's not enough, I guess. Really sucks having to work with someone like that at a job that is really low stress and chill.
>>
>>14079543
when he next says that, ask him "why don't you, then?"
>>
>>14077815
>muh big leagues big truck
>>
Anyone got any funny stories to share in the job?
>>
>>14076206
tfw opening my own business to start doing courier work
>>
>>14080153
those 3rd world style mods... wow
>>
>>14077375
Which delivery centre do you work at?
>>
>>14077375
I used to have mad banter with my Tescos driver when he delivered to my uni house. He was a couple of years older than me, at 27.

He even had a beer with us whenever we were his last call. Helped us unpack sometimes, depending on his timetable. Once, he sat down and had a game of Fifa against my dudebro housemate and kicked my mate's arse. We took his number and went out for drinks with him all the time.

One day another delivery driver made a delivery and he was a miserable cunt. Made a complaint to Tesco saying "We only want Guy to deliver or we go to Asda." and management honoured our request because we spent about £700 a week between us on shopping.
>>
Im a delivery sriver for UPS. One thing i can say about driving an RV sized truck around all day, it has made me an exponentially bettr driver in my personal car
The job is not bad, no boss, no annoying co-workers and it pays pretty damn well.
Its our busy season, so overtime galore all this month, probably next month also if it actually snows where I'm at.
Some days are challenging, but I do get to meet all sorts of cool people out on the street. I've been doing it almost 3 years now, under 30.
>>
>>14080153
why are your wheels so fucking tiny?
>>
How often do you lose stuff? A parcel I was sending through hermes has been "lost". Was nearly £300 of electronics, struggling to get compensation now.
>>
>>14080519
Nottingham I'm at.

>>14080546
Damn that's a cool story. I've only managed to have a cup of tea with a 26 year old in her apartment and I deliver to woman who's in her 30s which I really get along with. She's about 5/10 but I'd love to fuck her while her husband was out.

>>14080704
>but I do get to meet all sorts of cool people out on the street.

One of the perks I like about my job.
>>
I work at a local event company. Depending on the day I can go from driving a 20ft box to a gmc savanna, it's nice to be able to switch up what you drive.

This time of year it's pretty easy work. I just drive around doing small-decent sized deliveries, with the occasional big one thrown in there.

The owner is a Jew tho, almost all of our ratchet straps are gone or broken all half the time there's just a ton of things that aren't secured down. On the bright side it forces you to be a calm driver.

>tfw we subrented a ford box truck
>tfw the back gate was a piece of shit, it opened up when I was going 70mph
>tfw truckers frantically trying to communicate with me
>>
File: adolf.jpg (127KB, 948x536px) Image search: [Google]
adolf.jpg
127KB, 948x536px
Just saw this posted in some driver group I'm in.

Some customers can be hilarious
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.