[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should bicycles be licensed and registered just like motorbikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: cat missile.jpg (38KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
cat missile.jpg
38KB, 500x348px
Should bicycles be licensed and registered just like motorbikes and cars?
>>
the other way around. motorbikes shouldnt need a plate at all. just a license to drive
>>
If there are dedicated paths for it, why not make them foot some of the bill?
>>
>>14074573
Nothing should need a plate or a license.
We just need to keep women and the elderly off the roads.
>>
File: 41372610.jpg (46KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
41372610.jpg
46KB, 500x304px
>>14074562
enjoy your bureaucratic hell comrade
>>
>>14074582
Ethan is finally right for once...

I was just driving down to this park for the meet, and the exit from one highway is joining the other and merging. So the right 2 lanes are moving kinda slow. Some old lady in the 3rd lane over slows down to like 30mph on a 55mph highway even though there aren't any cars in front of her or anything.
>>
I live in an area of Melbourne Oz with heavy bicycle use and they are all CUNTS. Riding on the footpath. Not signaling. Coming out of laneways at high speed. Riding on the wrong side of walking trails/bike paths. Not using lights at night. Speeding through red lights.
Its pretty scary to be out on run and going through a crossing with a green man and suddenly a bike goes through the red light the cars have stopped for missing me by mere inches.
Basically if they had registration plates I could report the bastards.

BUT more broadly, revenue generated could fund bike lanes and bike paths! I know in America this can be quite contentious like in the infamous Coronado video so this would provide a means of deflating those complaints. And also fund advertising campaigns informing drivers of bicycles rights, and bicycles of their legal responsibilities.
>>
>>14074582
As if there are no men that aren't criminals or shit.
>>
$10 USD to register a bike in my city, you get a metallic registration sticker that never comes off (eventually had to use an angle grinder and repaint to sell the bike) Its more of an anti theft thing, if you report your bike stolen, and its registered, you just give them the number on the sticker, and all the info is in their system, along wih aa oicture of the bike, cutting down on time.
>>
>>14074562
>Should bicycles be licensed and registered
Yes
>just like motorbikes and cars
No

Just a simple, one time purchasable I.D. you have to install to participate in traffic. Option to transfer owner with simple on-line form. Would help against theft and reckless driving.

>>14074580
Bicycle can drive on plain, level gravel, while roads must be built to withstand multi-ton vehicles.
>>
>>14074562
No faggot.
>>
>>14074562
In my city bicycles are technically supposed to be register like any other vehicle but no one ever does it, but sometimes the cops do pull you over for it since technically the bicycle is a vehicle and must be driven on public roads.
>>
>>14075358
Same for my uni, it's a huge forresty outdoor campus and everyone bikes. They also require registration of bikes but no one actually does it
>>
File: 1441269987657.jpg (43KB, 593x581px) Image search: [Google]
1441269987657.jpg
43KB, 593x581px
of course, otherwise the terrorist win..........and don't you think we have too many rights already?
>>
>>14074573
>motorbikes shouldnt need a plate at all.
>Vehicle most likely to break rules.
>>
No, bicycles generally can't fuck too much of any value up without killing the driver. Anything with an engine however....

Mopeds now require registration and plates in some states. Think about that.

Welcome to Utopia my friends.
>>
>>14074562
If they want to ride in the street then yes

pedalboys are all big govt. faggots so I'm sure they'll be fine with it
>>
Bicycles shouldn't need rego/plates license. Why do you want to tax anything fun?
>>
>>14078484
Because fuck you
>>
>>14074562
No because how else could I ride my bike like an asshole and not worry about insurance when I make some douchebag hit me?
>>
>>14074562
LICENSE PEDESTRIANS
>>
>>14080718

Even without insurance, you're still liable for damages in an at-fault accident. It's just assumed that the damages you manage to cause with a bicycle are going to be small enough that insurance isn't necessary; damages at that small level can be recouped directly from the responsible party without any need for a $25,000+ insurance policy. In an at-fault accident with a bicycle, the traffic fine is likely to be higher than the actual damages.

This is the exact same reason Motorcycles aren't required to carry insurance. The damage they can do is much less than the damage a car can do, and it's reasonable to expect the rider to actually be able to pay off the damages either directly or through wage garnishment.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.