[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want a Boxster as a DD >you live in Canada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: stock photo guy.jpg (178KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
stock photo guy.jpg
178KB, 750x864px
>want a Boxster as a DD
>you live in Canada
>>
Just get a set of winter tires and you're good to go, assuming you don't have to drive through half a foot of snow every day.
The body is galvanized steel so rust isn't a huge issue either.

You can get a hardtop if you want added comfort.
>>
>live in Alaska
>Have 2 wheel drive minis
>No fucks given
>>
Also man the fuck up, these cars are literally torture tested in Canadian winters

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2016-porsche-718-boxster-first-ride
>>
>>14069992
>you can get a hardtop if you want comfort

Noice! My main worry was the softop not retaining heat in the winter. Now I'm interested. Are they bad insurance wise, any "Porsche tax" to pay?
>>
>>14070072
Also, can I save weight by taking out the soft-top/mechanism if I'm not planning to make use of it for 9 months of the year?

Have no real interest in verts, but I like everything else about the car.
>>
>>14070102
>>14070072
Softop is a bitch to take out, only people who do that strip their cars out for track use.

Which generation are you looking at? If it's a second gen they you're better off getting a Cayman.
As for insurance, I drive a 1st gen and it's cheaper for me to insure than a Civic in Toronto
>>
>>14070254
first gen caymen?
I've always liked how prosche's look, but never understood too much about them even after some research. I got the privilage to drive a friends moms pan-amera. Whats the difference between the caymen, boxster, and 911?
>>
>>14070290

boxter/cayman is intro to porsche car

cayman is hardtop version

911 is the older more successful man's version.
>>
>>14070290
Cayman/Boxster are basically the same car. They're light lighter, mid-engine 911s with weaker engines.

The first gen only had the Boxster, the second gen introduced the Cayman
>>
>>14070821
Cayman/Boxster are for people who want a well-balanced driver's car, 911 is in a completely different class [supercar] and has the engine in the wrong place.
>>
>>14070821
>tfw a $90k Cayman can outperform a $120k 911
>>
File: 1420675445798.png (183KB, 318x262px) Image search: [Google]
1420675445798.png
183KB, 318x262px
>want to drive a rust free classic all year round
>live in Canada
>>
>>14070072
Instead of making a new thread, I'll just ask here. I see a bunch of soft-tops around here (Edmonton), does it really suck that much worse in the winter? The car I want next is soft top and doors, so I'm wondering how bad it would be.
>>
>>14070012
Its not the weather that will kill them its the road salt
>>
Why not a 911 (AWD)?
>>
>>14071715

I just saw a guy drive an R35 and an NSX through salted roads and here I am mothballing my shitbox in comparison lmao.
>>
>>14071715
galvanized steel body, they'll handle road salt much better than your average car
>>
> he wants a Poorsche
Everybody point and laugh
>>
>>14071908
>he drives a stances Lexus
>>
>>14071908
>buying cars for status instead of fun factor
>>
File: gs400 guy cant drive.jpg (670KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
gs400 guy cant drive.jpg
670KB, 2048x1152px
>>14071908
>>14071912
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.