[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think this is a luxury?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: leather.jpg (554KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
leather.jpg
554KB, 1024x683px
Why do people think this is a luxury?
>>
poverty
>>
File: H2217 Civic 01 back.jpg (64KB, 479x642px) Image search: [Google]
H2217 Civic 01 back.jpg
64KB, 479x642px
>>14069698

If you fart on a stock seat, the smell stays in there for a week.

Leather just shrugs it off. Luxury
>>
>>14069711
nice
can i shit on a leather seat and not have to clean it off too?
>>
Luxury cars used to often be bespoke, things like stitching are and old symbol of the time where things were hand crafted I suppose.
>>
>>14069715

They're practically waterproof.
>>
>>14069698
Leather? It feels and looks way better than vinyl. I work with both vinyl and leather and leather still takes the edge. It has a unique pattern to it that is recognizable. To do the skins it does get pretty expensive for a car manufacturer working on their profit margins. Like adding 30euros extra to a car interior ends up raising the price of the car like 3000 euros (not exactly that, but, a lot).

Most luxury cars are made with three levels of material, A, B and C. A is the stuff you see and touch immediately (dash, seats, etc), B is the stuff that is visible but not as in view (pillars, side of doors), C is stuff hardly visible so you use lesser hides there.

That said, it's all computer done and nothing hand made about it anymore. It's also sprayed with all kinds of shit so you don't burn in a crash, so the smell isn't as good.
>>
Leather in base cars are crap. The soft perforated leather in luxury cars is good.
>>
>>14069715
yes,
i read that originally leather seats were used by the drivers of horse-driven carriages so horse shit and dirt wouldn't stain the seats. poor people saw leather seats and associated them with luxury
>>
File: mfw.png (499KB, 691x520px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
499KB, 691x520px
>mfw it turns out to be bonded leather
>>
>>14069698
Cloth seats used to be itchy and generally uncomfortable. Vinyl used to have the look of leather, but cracked/ripped easier and didn't feel as nice. Leather used to be the actual best material for comfort, and just happened to be expensive (which any Mercedes owner will tell you "makes it better"). They're also harder to make, like >>14069719 said.

Now though, polyesters can be made pretty comfy. They only suffer from stains (water just dries, as long as it doesn't stay wet for long enough to mold), and depending on the person they "feel" not as good as leather, but that's subjective. I don't like the feel of leather on bare skin, for example. Everything else about cloth is objectively superior.

>tl;dr old people still think it means luxery, so car makers pretend it means luxery
>>
Because it is?

Also, it depends on what kind of leather. Is it cheap shit that comes in low end cars, or is it the high quality stuff you find on high end cars?
>>
French stitching still is kind of luxury, it's found on higher end cars, and good leather always makes you feel like an extra special snowflake I guess. I myself like leather seats because they don't stain easily and they can stay spotless for a long time if you take some care of them.
>>
File: 2014-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class3.jpg (305KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
2014-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class3.jpg
305KB, 1280x850px
You are basically poverty-tier if your dashboard doesn't contain stitched leather.

FYI.
>>
Are there any seats with synthetic material like rubber?
>>
>>14072106
trucks have vinyl seats if you fucking hate yourself enough
>>
>>14072120
Meh... alright, thanks. I have ass problems, so I can't have any sort of cloth or fiber seats. I just wanted to make sure I had some other options.

Guess I'll go with leather seats.
>>
>getting leather willingly
retards
its a waste unless its forced under a trim to get other nice things like fog lights or something
you will slide all over unless its a bucket seat
>>
>>14069745
It's not "cheap" vs "high quality"

It's protected vs unprotected. The stuff on Japanese cars has a layer of polyurethane over it to make it waterproof. They both have their pros and cons. Protected leather is A LOT more forgiving when you or your kids spill liquid on it.
>>
>>14069711
Eww I hate these kind off seats....
>>
>>14069698
They've obviously never had mid-tier euro-spec cloth seats.

They're made of the same stuff as waterproof clothing, so they don't absorb anything. I spilled a drink on them, and it just sat there and didn't stain. Wiped off easily. Smells don't stick in the fabric, dirt doesn't stick, and it doesn't soak up sweat in the summer.
No heat capacity either, so it's not cold or warm when I don't want it to be.
>>
>looking to store a spare set of leather seats for my car, just in case
>my particular version doesn't seem to exist anywhere anymore, nobody having put down the extra cash for it
>constantly worried how I'll inevitably fuck up mine now, just because it's rare

Kind of a curse.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.