[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Georgianons on o? Just moved back here from Florida after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: always on my mind.gif (158KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
always on my mind.gif
158KB, 800x800px
Any Georgianons on o?

Just moved back here from Florida after a long time. Where's all the good roads and tracks? Any meets or get togethers coming up?
>>
>>14069137
>Where are the good roads
Along the tennesee border
>>
>>14069145
I've thought about heading to the mountains up there. How is it?
>>
>>14069162
They're meh, some are not as well kept as others. The farther north you go the better, more curvey roads and elevation change
>>
Marietta Fag here. No good driving roads near the cities. Good twisties I know of are near North Georgia/Tennessee (Tail of the Dragon comes to mind) and right when you pass over into alabama coming off the highway there's a bunch of essentially abandoned country back roads that are old but well paved and in good condition. Planning on driving to both of these this Christmas break in my yellow miata.
>>
>>14069137
Stockbridge reporting in. Haven't seen a GA thread here before.
>>
>>14069202
We should also make a georgia WAT meetup. I can arrange it if you want.
>>
>>14069186
Sounds nice. I imagine it must be crowded up there since ToD is very popular.
>>14069202
I might be joining you. Probably not on the same day but meh
>>14069204
Me neither, which is weird considering we have the largest meets in Atlanta in the entire SouthEast.
>>
>>14069213
Sounds good, would join
>>
>>14069231
I would love to come to a meet but all I have right now is a Jeep Patriot because I am a poorfag. I miss my younger days when I had no bills and could dump all my money into my integra. If I finally beat the VA.gov and get my bennies I'm definitely getting a GT500.
>>
>>14069255
Don't feel bad man. I downgraded to a corolla a couple years ago. Getting a new ride in a couple months. I think I would go though just to check it out and meet some fellow bros.
>>
>>14069265
Yeah that seems cool. Post the spot and I will try to make it if I'm not at work.
>>
>>14069247
>>14069231
I'll probably go sometime next week if you guys want to arrange something. I need to finish the paint and re assemble everything on the miata but I should have that done in a couple more days. Wanna shoot for right after christmas?
>>
>>14069213
I'll join. I can make some rice crispies too.
>>
>>14069319
Knock yourself out I love rice krispies
>>
>>14069213
What's the date?

I won't have Mr deuce for a couple months.
>>
>>14069319
Will your rice krispies be like the brownies from /k/?
>>
>>14069319
I'll bring hot cocoa. What's gonna be the route?
>>
>>14069349
>>14069364
I was thinking maybe during the weekdays? That way the cops won't be in weekend speeding ticket mode, if there are even any. We could possibly either go to those alabama/Georgia back roads I was talking about or we could head up north near lake Burton. The roads are pretty good up there and during the week it's dead.
>>
>>14069556
I'd also like to mention that I am free anytime this whole month so I can work around whatever schedule is good for you guys.

Additionally, what do you guys drive? If it's fast might be given a run for my money trying to keep up with my 100 HP
>>
>>14069556
lake burton to wolfpen?
>>
>>14069663
Yup
>>
>>14069706
Lemme see what roads you picked?
>>
>>14069761
Uhhhhhhh we could meet up in the small town near there, I'm on mobile and my phone is about to die so I will look up the exact stuff once I'm home. From the town we could just drive around where we feel I didn't really think it out that far. I think the roads go in a loop around the lake mainly then we can break off towards wolf pen and go northwards more.
>>
>>14069807
I think it's just a matter of choosing to go up blood mountain or to take the scenic highway next to it to get to wolfpen.
>>
Should we make a new meetup thread??
>>
South ga is best ga
>>
>>14069137

The main 2 meeting spots are Atlanta, and Gwinnett, thats where most of georgia's big car scenes are at.

As for driving roads, you have blood mountain up in north GA, and the roads around lake lanier.
>>
>>14070932
no
>>
>>14070947
op here

I'm gonna go check out the mountains tomorrow. Are we actually going to host a WAT meet up there?
>>
>>14069204
stockbridge here as well.
>>
>>14071324
Can we actually get a meet going?
>>
File: IMG_2926.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2926.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>14071359
Dude I would love to. I drove out to snelville last night, I'm dying for something more local.
>>
>>14071401
Snelly is kinda far, but ideally I think we should cruise up in the mountains.

It seems everyones abandoned thread though so I guess we can make some plans here and then start a new thread

I'm op btw
>>
>>14071423
Yeah mountains would be good. Some of the MR2 guys at caffeine and octane invited me on mountain cruise but I couldn't make it. I wish I knew what route they were heading out to.
>>
File: IMG_20151015_092928282_HDR.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151015_092928282_HDR.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
>>14069137
Atl here. Down for meets I'll bring the 4x40sx
>>
>>14071465
When you look at the map going North, it's obvious where the roads start to get awesome.
>>14071542
Good to here man. Tbh Idk if I'm equipped to handle running a meet though..
>>
I'm back. Ok so depending on who all wants to go and their locations, it might be more prudent to make a central meeting spot in the middle of Georgia and then we all go up to wolf pen gap. The speed limit up there is like 50 so it gives us more wiggle room while driving as far as that is concerned.

Any more input? I was thinking we could shoot for maybe the 27th or 28th of December as far as dates go.
>>
>>14071783
I hope it's not cold. I think a good meeting point would be perimeter mall. Then head up from there.
>>
>>14072026
>tfw live right next to Perimeter mall
>tfw no social skills and shitty car

y-you guys have fun...
>>
>>14072054
>implying I don't drive a corolla right now
>implying meets aren't about cars and enjoying cars with others, not what you drive
>tfw can still run mountains more spiritedly than higher powered cars anyway

do it mayne. I have a new car lined up, but my credit needs to go up first. What do you drive?
>>
>>14069137
678 driver here.
I'm assured that Georgia is home to most of the U.S' worst drivers
>>
>>14072585
You are thinking of all of florida south of daytona
>>
>>14072619
you should try driving on 400 or 285. It's like everyone pulls the "hummer guy" from Family Guy on those roads especially.
>>
>>14072644
all the commercial and industrial vehicles keep traffic high and slow

florida is worse cause no one has insurance, tags, or any semblance of quality ASE maitnance
combine that with the highest number of mentall illnesses and dui rates in the entire country
>>
>>14072026
That's really close to me as well. How does the 28th work for you? If you want to get more detailed, here is my email.

[email protected]
>>
>>14073725
Since there's only a few people maybe we should just use email to organize this.
>>
>>14073732
>>14073725
we need a meet thread. Georgianons need to see this. Also the date is a bit soon, unless we plan on doing this every few months dont you think?
>>
>>14074050
Ok I will start one.
>>
>>14074056
should I photoshop the WAT map of the route?
>>
>>14074073
If you would like. I don't have my main PC so my graphics capabilities are autistic right now. I just made the thread btw.
>>
>>14074295
>I just made the thread btw

Well if you already made it, we can't use it for the thread now

post the link to thread in here
>>
>>14074277

Sorry. We can still post it in there I guess.

I'll bump the thread just in case it got buried.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.