[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the 350Z as a DD if you only need 2 seats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: z.jpg (572KB, 1292x969px) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
572KB, 1292x969px
How is the 350Z as a DD if you only need 2 seats?
>>
Can I just say that I hate equally the RWD obsessed trolls who shit on every Honda and the Civic Type R benchracers.
>>
>>14060053
My mom had one

Its ride is rough and the seats aren't comfy. You'll really notice the lack of torque and ricers will constantly try to race you. Also don't be a retard and get a convertible because it leaks (like every other convertible my mother insist on getting)
>>
>>14060086
Definitely not getting a vert, I live in Canada and can only afford 1.

Most cars I'm looking at are probably going to get me revved at so I'm not too bothered by that.
>>
>>14060114
Could always go with the g35, same car but nicer inside, slightly bigger and more odd looks yet still the same car inside.
>>
>>14060053
I'v never DD one but i'v driven my friends a bunch and it's a really great car. The VQ engine is a tank and can take some serious abuse.

>>14060395
I owned a 04 G35 coupe for a couple years, it was a good car but i never really got attached to it. It feels slow and understeers like crazy. Seats are nicer but overall the 350Z is the better car if you don't need the back seats.
>>
>>14060395
>>14060424

I'm actually in the process of selling my 05 G35. Reliable car but I also never got attached to it. It really does feel slow even though it isn't. Those VQ engines can make some nice sounds though.
>>
How is the aftermarket for the 350? My budget is about 25k, but I can probably pick up one with low mileage for 15k or so.
>>
>>14060487
Not sure if op or not but if so, what's the point of the z then, its the same car basically I feel as if you'd just get bored that much quicker
>>
>>14060487
Yeah they do haha i love that sounds.

>>14060494
25k?! Are you talking US? You could get a way better car than a 350Z...
>>
>>14060064
RWD is objectively more fun. FWD is more predictable and faster, but unless you're competing in a race series, the RWD car will be more fun on the street.

Source: Myself who owns a Honda with more mods than anyone ITT.

>>14060494
You could probably find a 370Z for $15k, definitely a 06+ HR Z.

$25k I'd personally get something else. The 370Z isn't a very good car. Forget the whole pigfat thing (its not) its just kinda soulless and unreliable.
>>
File: 1445473840204.gif (1MB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
1445473840204.gif
1MB, 718x404px
>>14060509

Not OP. That was actually my reasoning on buying a G35 instead of a Z. Same car pretty much but nicer interior with some semi-usable rear seats. Something that is nice about the G's is that they, at least in my area, have plummeted in price. Mine depreciated so much it's insane.
>>
>>14060053
>naturally aspirated

Not even once
>>
>>14060516
HAH! I call bullshit. Currently own a very modded 9th gen Si.

If you read my earlier post i used to own a g35 coupe. I'v also owned a Miata. This civic has been by far my favorite car. More fun to drive on the street and on track. I'm not saying fwd is better, it is all opinion.
>>
>>14060512
25k CAN

Reminder that Canadian money is more worthless than pocket lint at the moment.
>>
>>14060579
>Canadian money

You can get a way better sports car from overseas Japan/Europe.

>Euro E36 M3
>Newest/Nicest FD RX-7 possible
>Showroom Condition R33 GTR/MKIV Supra Turbo
>Nice Evo VI or GC STi Ver 5/6 Type R/RA and $15k left over

All of which will outhandle and outperform the 350Zs. Fuck I wish I was Canadian. They're all just far more car.

>>14060551

I own a H2B swapped Integra RS with a laundry list of mods.

If I could go back in time I'd stop myself and get a E36 M3/RX-8 instead. No point in having a car that handles as well and goes as fast as mine, moreso when the nearest track is 3-4 hours away. Its not really that fun either unless I'm going 8-9/10ths and I'm absolutely booking it trying to get myself killed. Cornering at x2-x3 the speed limit loses its fun once you come close to losing the back end and looping the fucking thing or close encounters with deer.
>>
>>14060551
You're a fucking special snowflake.
Enjoy the 'spergs.
>>
>>14060667
To add I had a NA Miata too. It was way more fun. I could toss that car around like I was part of it. Drift every corner like a jackass and tear ass with my 110hp of fury. I didn't do shit to maintain it outside of a IACV sensor and oil changes.

I only hated how impractical it was. Couldn't sleep in it, the A/C was anemic, and the top kept leaking on me. No trunk space either.
>>
>>14060516
Soulless and unreliable compared to what, exactly?
You're spouting things out of lame 3rd rate youtube car reviews.
Unless you're a swagfag or a taxi, only a fucking moron would recommend a bloated g35 over a 370z.

OP could get a low mileage Touring Sport, Nismo, or 40th anniversary for $25k. A million times more fun than an asian lady/bix mobile.
>>
>>14060691
>Unreliable

>Concentric Clutch Slave Cylinder requires you to drop the transmission to change it, happens within 30-60k miles
>Steering column will lock and won't let you drive the car on 2009-10s
>Extremely high brake temps without ducting which lowers it to pretty hot, that and they're very unpredictable when they start fading
>High oil temps which can make it go into limp mode when tracked
>Typical VQ oil consumption even on low mileage cars
>Fuel starvation on right hand turns with high G-forces (sharp quick rights)

And yeah, soulless. I didn't feel anything after driving a friend's. Its quick and responsive but the car feels bigger than it is and it grips too well for its own good. IMO It'd be more fun on a race track but on the street I'd have to go ridiculously fast.

If I had $25 grand and wanted a newer car I'd get a 11-14 Mustang GT with the Brembo/Performance Pack options, or the nicest E46 M3/04-07 WRX STi/Evo 9 I could find for $17-20k and save the rest.
>>
>>14060086
The seats in my Z are actually one of the things I like about it most.

My advice to OP is get a HR and don't get a lemans sunset. On an overcast day lemans just looks shitty brown.

Also get an aftermarket front bumper because the stock one looks like ass.
>>
>>14060064

Shingo pls go
>>
>>14060709
None of that has happened to my Z, aside from the clutch which is an easy fix with an aftermarket CSS.
My VQ loses zero oil, not a drop in 20k miles. I have 2k on my oil now, and the oil level is at the same hash mark as it was when I filled it.

You are spouting half-truths, and have no real life experience with the vehicle.
Those who do have issues are a small minority... unlike new vette owners and their grenading valve train. And there are 370z cars with over 250k miles currently on the road.

Fuck off, no-car.
>>
>>14060709
>talk out his ass about nissan unreliability
>want a ford shitheap in nigger purple with gold racing stripes
Are you self aware white trash?
>>
>>14061061
>Your Z
Do you enjoy it? I'm one call away from a 370z nismo.
>>
>>14060893
>dissing the best bumper a sub-50k car has seen in the entire 21st century

how wrong could one person be?
>>
>>14060667

Not OP, but also a Canadafag. Unfortunately my shit province doesn't allow me to register RHD cars unless they're 25+ years old.

You can still find a few LHD FDs, but they're less common.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Mazda/RX-7/Burnaby/British+Columbia/5_25774141_20130809142413211/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=8_15_10
>1995 RX-7 with 63k (39k miles)
>$10K
>Can't register it in my province for 5 years.
>>
OP here, also starting to look into pre-2000 cars because I'm buying into the "cars with a soul" meme and watching Initial D.

Any input on the Skyline R33? It's my favourite generation going by aesthetics.
>>
>>14061061
>le no-car meme
>still had to do the CSS and clutch on a low mileage 2-5 year old car

thanks for proving me right

>>14061067
>out his ass
>documented issues

they dont sell aftermarket CSSs, brake duct/oil cooler kits, and have TSB bulletins on the column randomly locking for a reason

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/253/?catid=253

the mustang is the better car anyways, faster, more fun, and has a larger aftermarket. even more reliable, face it your car is low energy, its unremarkable.

>>14061510
great cars. best of the GTRs IMO. watch out for rust on the strut towers. it'll even happen on cars that never saw much salt/snow, moisture gets trapped between the layers of the metal on the towers and rust from the inside out.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/93491-rusty-suspension-turrets.html

i like this blog, kind of a dream car for me, i'd probably try to sell everything i own for one.

http://www.r33gt-r.com/2012/02/how-series-3-bcnr33-is-different-from.html
>>
>>14061476
>auto rx7
I didn't even know they made them in auto, are they shit compared to manuals like rx8s?
>>
>>14061687
Damn, I didn't even notice. Fucking disgusting. Maybe that's why it's only 10K.
>>
>>14061273
Smiles per gallon.
It's a Miata with balls.
There are two cars I'd swap for. A Viper or a Cayman S.

Drive one, you'll like it.
Drive one and then drive the STI, EVO, RS, GT... etc, you'll understand why I bought mine. It's a special car, with no peers close to the price range.
>>
>>14060086
>You'll really notice the lack of torque and ricers will constantly try to race you

I tried to in my stock civic, I lost of course, but I was really surprised how close it was
>>
>>14061712
What year and model of Civic?
>>
the lack of torque is what kept me from buying a 350z.
it honestly didn't feel fast at all.

i am still entertaining the notion of LS swapping one though.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.