[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

displacement envy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1442715558860.png (106KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
1442715558860.png
106KB, 922x882px
>tfw bought an ecoboost mustang
>tfw it's pretty fast, but wish it was faster
>tfw looking at a $2000 list of tuning related parts to put my performance in a range similar to a stock GT
>tfw should've just coughed up the money for the GT
>tfw would've kept the factory warranty and not had extra engine stress

i don't even care about my 5% weight reduction for having an I4
>>
slap a bigger snail on it and a boost controller
>>
>>14058238
>>
Wait a little while dude, the Ecoboost Mustang is a relatively new car, so there isn't a whole lot of established aftermarket support for it yet. Give it time, all that shit will come down.
>>
>>14058242
it already runs at 18 psi, it really just needs a controller
>>
>>14058223
On the plus side you have a 300lb lighter curb weight and better chassis balance.
>>
>>14058459
52-48 vs 53-47 surely can't matter that much
>>
>>14058223
theres a lot of parts for the old 2.3 turbo mustangs out now
maybe one day yours will have parts
also do you have a pic of your mustang
>>
File: fs-vorne dezember.jpg (257KB, 1435x1076px) Image search: [Google]
fs-vorne dezember.jpg
257KB, 1435x1076px
>>14058667
pic related

it has parts, what I'm looking at is an aftermarket intercooler + related piping, flash tuner, downpipe, oil catch and atmospheric BOV. all comes to around 2 grand.

what gets me is the money I'm putting into it could've directly just been put into financing a v8 instead
>>
this is why I always get the trim with the best engine package. all I can think about when modifying a car with the base engine is that this money could've just gone into buying the better drivetrain package.
>>
Ecoboost platform just needs a bit of time to grow. I'm pretty sure it'll start making some serious gains.
>>
>>14058772
argh i made this mistake once never again
>>
File: 1427258556753.gif (309KB, 460x351px) Image search: [Google]
1427258556753.gif
309KB, 460x351px
>>14058223

subaruwrxfan is that you?
>>
COULDAHADAV8: the thread
>>
>>14058726
2 grand on mods really aint bad.
>>
>>14058726
too late now, make it as good as a GT if not better
>>
>>14058223
You can take all the money you're going to save on gas and put it into mods.
In a few years it could be faster than a stock GT.
>>
>>14058614
Every little bit helps
>>
>>14058223
If you really want the GT, just sell your ecoboost and buy one. You'll lose some money on the deal, but the depreciation won't be that bad. 2015 models are still in high demand, and there's plenty of dumb fuckers out there who will buy a used one for just a little less.
>>
>>14058793
Yeah, iktfb. The problem is eventually you just have to have a better and better car each time you get a new one because you have to make sure it meets your expectations. Gets expensive.
>>
>>14058726
Ditch the BOV and use a universal intercooler + do the piping yourself and you're looking at closer to $1k.
>>
>>14059979
How plausible are low mileage trade-ins? I've never even heard of doing that.
>>
>>14058614
remember thats static, the moment you touch the throttle or brake that'll change
>>
>>14061272
If you do a trade in at a ferd dealership and try to get a 2015 GT and be honest that you realized you need the v8, they might give you a better deal as they're making room for 2016s right now.

It's probably the best time of year to buy new cars, doesn't hurt to try.
>>
>>14061272
>low mileage trade-ins?
Happens all the time. I had an uncle that got a new car every year. Dealership loved him. Thing is, you gotta eat all that depreciation with a smile on your face.
>>
>>14062374
Geez, if you're going to do that why not just use lease-swapping arrangements?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.