[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

car help pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Snapchat-5888637975414142012.jpg (774KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5888637975414142012.jpg
774KB, 1080x1920px
I drive a 1996 Pontiac Grand Am with a V6 engine
> ive known its had an oil leak for a little while
> I took it into a jiffy lube to get an oil change, because my check oil came on
> They said it was leaking pretty bad and wouldn't change the oil
> Couldn't tell where exactly the leak was coming from but the shop manager said probably the "oil pan gaskets" and that it needed immediate attention
> I dont know shit about cars
> Im also broke right now
> What would you guys do in my position?
>>
Sell it and buy a new car.
>>
>>14057273
Whats the best way to sell a shit car that has problems like this?
>>
>>14057264
>>14057294
probably on craigslist

maybe check out one of those websites where they send a mechanic out to your house to fix it?
>>
>>14057303
This. Just don't junk it because of an oil leak. keep at it until it sells.
>>
>>14057303
>>14057316

Exactly this.

Just keep it till it sells. Get an estimate on how much the repair would be. Give the potential seller the info.

Most people in my area sell Grand Am's for a lot. Even if there is issues with it. I don't know what your area is like for the craiglist market, OP. Could give it a shot anyhow.
>>
Thanks for all the help guys, this really is the only board not full of fuckwits.
>>
>>14057342
well, so long as you avoid true faggots like Alphonse anyways.
Even /o/ has its fair share of retards (Frosty, Alphonse, and Equinox are prime examples)
>>
>>14057264
>>What would you guys do in my position?

Take it to a real mechanic if you're actually mechanically inept
But I would just drop the pan myself and replace the gasket

Watch some jewtube videos on how it's done and save yourself hundreds of dollars in labor costs
>>
>>14057352
Forgot to include yourself
>>
>>14057264
how long did you drive with the oil light on? you didnt let it get seriously low did you?
if not just replace the oil pan gasket, its really not that hard. just watch a video on youtube on how to do it since its pretty much the same on all cars.
>>
god those v6's are turds
>>
>>14058659
dont they have cooling issues or something
my friends was always overheating
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 500x281px
>>14057342
OP I hope you didn't abandon thread already
Go on YouTube and various car forums and learn how to do it yourself

Save yourself lots of money and learn some valuable car knawledge
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.