[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mercedes, van box + van thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: M-T1.jpg (527KB, 1743x1344px) Image search: [Google]
M-T1.jpg
527KB, 1743x1344px
what does /o think of vans ? are these old merc bus' good ? I always have a nice car and daily, a banged up old car that you don't care about makes a nice daily no ? thinking of purchasing an old mercedes TN
>>
>>14056118
reliable but rusty, practical but slow

one of the last proper mercedes really mechanically immortal, electronically barren, aesthetically questionable

I know that I wouldn't want to crash into one, or have one crash into me
>>
>>14056118
>magical hippy bus...
>gypo junk thief...

how much respect do you get for having one of these ?
>>
>width 1975 mm
>nice daily
No.
>>
Roomy as fuck, surprisingly fun and easy to work on, slow as anything old, german and powered by a diesel engine and quite reliable

Me and my friends have been toying with the idea of buying one to use as a roadtrip/camper vehicle
>>
File: prick.jpg (11KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
prick.jpg
11KB, 250x241px
>>14056118
>expecting people on /o to care about old vans
>not realising most of /o dont actually drive and therefore dont care about practical vehicles
>>
>>14056142
>thinks that having a wide car makes it unusable as a daily

funny ive driven vans and trucks as dailies since I was 19 never had a problem using them on normal roads, commutes to the shops and getting too and from work
>>
>>14056118
>are these old merc bus' good ?
I had one for several years. A 209D
>you can't talk to each other while doing more than 50 mph cause it's too loud.
>at 60, everything starts to shake and rattle.
>and you can't do more than 75, period.
>the brakes suck. And I can't overstate this. It's legitimately dangerous to drive and was a bitch to get through inspection every time, even with new stock brakes.
>It rusts. Each one will have had child-size holes in the bodywork by now. No exceptions.

On the plus side, the engines never die and the turning radius is incredibly tight.
>>
>>14056154
It does if you need a spotter to get down your driveway.
>>
>>14056161
implying everone has a driveway and cant just park their daily drivers on the road against a curb...
>>
>>14056157
thanks for the comprehensive info, would you recommend one for a daily camper/utility vehicle for commuting medium length distances with no motorways usually.
>>
>>14056225
Just get a station wagon. There's absolutely nothing you'd benefit from a van for unless you needed it for work, in which case you wouldn't ask whether it's smart to buy a van.
>>
>>14056225
not from a utility standpoint. you can get something more modern for less money if you factor in fuel costs.
that thing burns 12 fucking liters of Diesel and I have no idea what it does with them.

only buy it if you legitimately want this specific vehicle for some reason.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.