[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genesis, Luxury Brand by Hyundai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: VC+Euisun+Chung_Genesis+Brand.jpg (44KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
VC+Euisun+Chung_Genesis+Brand.jpg
44KB, 800x450px
>Hyundai's Luxury Brand, the Genesis to launch by this month's end.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/03/hyundai-genesis-sub-brand-official/

>Also the Equus successor, Genesis G90/EQ900 was found without camouflages.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/25/hyundai-genesis-g90-spy-shots/

>Will you buy a luxury car made by Hyundai? Already they have one which is the Genesis(G80), but still?

Discuss
>>
File: GwQ5655387c23b79-2.jpg (81KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
GwQ5655387c23b79-2.jpg
81KB, 800x450px
>>14055636
G90 without the camouflages.
>>
File: genesis-g90-limousin-10_800x0w.jpg (85KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
genesis-g90-limousin-10_800x0w.jpg
85KB, 800x451px
>>14055641
A more clear pic.
>>
>badge is a ripoff of Chrysler's new badge, which is a ripoff of Aston's badge

Why can't they just try to make a new identity for themselves?
Regardless of the overall quality of their cars, for years they've been impersonating the more prestigious brands in styling and badging for years. Kia/Hyundai makes decent cars in their own right, but they'll never shake the stigma of an imitation knockoff brand without venturing into their own space.

I get the impression that there a engineers and designers that genuinely have some form of talent and inspiration, but it seems like the head executives keep telling them "make it more like x brand" in an attempt to capture a market that really has no interest in products coming from Korea.

They should just accept what their brands, and subsequently their cars, really are and make something that reflects that.
>>
>>14055669
>Why can't they just try to make a new identity for themselves?

When has Korea not tried to ride on the success of something else? Only a couple Korean companies are actually innovative and neither of them are in the automative industry.
>>
>>14055669
>They should just accept what their brands, and subsequently their cars, really are and make something that reflects that.
If everyone followed this advice, we wouldn't have lamborghini right now.

I look forward to you eating your words in 25 years when genesis is the new lexus.
>>
File: hyundai0 (2).jpg (168KB, 650x420px) Image search: [Google]
hyundai0 (2).jpg
168KB, 650x420px
>>14055669
>Hyundai Notorsport
>>
>>14055703
>it will take 25 years for Hyundai to become even remotely luxury
KEK
>>
>>14055643
>Korean Lincoln Continental
>>
>>14055703
The new kexus. When you want a Toyota corolla but want to pay an extra 15000
>>
>>14055643
Not half bad actually.
>>
>>14055636
Hyundai has been a lot better than they were, my brother actually owned the genesis you're talking about for awhile and its a pretty decent car, would never buy one new though
>>
>>14055703
Lamborghini was driven by someone who was set out to prove something. That The likes of Ferrari and Maserati were full of shit, and that regardless of refinement, you can make an exceptionally notable car with little more than excessive power and outlandish styling. It was a big "fuck you" to supercar manufacturers at the time that had developed a swollen ego over their overpriced cars.

Hyundai isn't doing the same thing. They're literally just copying the mainstream in hopes that most consumers won't notice the cracks in the masque they've put on.

The reality is Lexus as a brand had something worth while, but had to prove itself before becoming the world class that it is, and Hyudnai has just been playing Mr. Me Too for ages.

Without any clear drive towards something other than being sort of like the other guys, they'll never be anything but.
>>
I don't buy from gooks, period.

I support white economies.
>>
>>14055801
but amerikuks suck at making cars
>>
>>14055801
>posted on your made in China keyboard
>>
>>14055643
Fuck this is boring looking.
>>
>>14055826
I have a Unicomp keyboard. Made in Kentucky.

My computer parts are made in Taiwan mostly, probably, but there is no alternative.
>>
File: 12834578923.jpg (68KB, 618x330px) Image search: [Google]
12834578923.jpg
68KB, 618x330px
>>14055844

A true patriot would have used an old IBM or HP machine, made in the US running Windows 3.1 which he gets maintained by American service personal and original parts but you rather chose to be a consumer sheep while spouting pseudo patriotic bovine excrement.
>>
>>14055636
>Hyundai
>Luxury

Citation needed.
>>
>>14055801
>implying half the factory workers in the US aren't Black or Mexicans.
>>
The Hyundai Genesis has actually been pretty well received over its sales lifetime, at least in North America.

Paired up with a solid revision of the Genesis coupe (and a limousine in the form of the Equus successor), this brand could easily become the next big thing in the luxury market.
>>
>>14055818
>americans
>white
>>
Will the Genesis coupe remain part of the "Generis" brand? It seems more like a Mustang competitor.
>>
>>14056721
It will be part of the Genesis brand, and there may or may not be a nicer version on it's way. Google it
>>
>>14055669
Lexus started off my making knockoff Mercedes
>>
>>14055844
>not using an original IBM Model M

Fucking pleb
>>
>>14056725
Hyundai is the savior we deserve
>>
>>14056741
I'll be the first to admit I have very high hopes for the new them. They seem to actually want to make a better name for themselves. Unlike a different korean car company.
>>
>>14056726
Worked very well for them, relative to Infiniti and Acura doing something different.
>>
>>14056753
Samsung?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.