[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are new BMWs so expensive? My mom just bought a 2015 320i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: bmw-320i-2014.jpg (103KB, 1140x643px) Image search: [Google]
bmw-320i-2014.jpg
103KB, 1140x643px
Why are new BMWs so expensive?

My mom just bought a 2015 320i with all the options coming out to 44k out the door. I Dont see how on earth this is a 44k car. It is slow, interior is nothing special. If i were to guess I would say it is 20k car. Same features as a bloody camry.
>>
>>14054784
Even a Camry isn't 20K anon
>>
See that badge and moustache grill? $10000 options each.
>>
Most German luxury brands will always cost more because "muh german engineering" and because german automakers like BMW know people will buy anything with their badge on it so might-as-well milk your customers as much as you can get away with.
>>
Fully loaded is a lot of money nerd.
A fully loaded Camry is 30, same with mazda6 maybe even 35.
>>
>>14054784
Because normies are badgewhores and would buy a literal steaming pile of shit if it had a BMW/Audi/Mercedes badge on it, so they can get away with charging more than the car's actually worth.
>>
Because dumbshits like your mom will pay it.
>>
Because rich people will pay anything for a german car.
They also hate driving anything old, which is why used BMWs are cheap as fuck and amazing to own.
>>
>>14054784
>Why are new BMWs so expensive?
Expensive brand is expensive because it's known as being expensive. You're paying for a premium to attract attention and envy from other people.
>>
>>14054784
MUH BMW BADGE BRO
>>
>>14054784

You are paying for the brand. You buy a BWM to impress droolers.

They are fine cars though, just overpriced af.
>>
Because americlaps are dumb. In my country, BMWs aren't seen as a luxury brand, especially the 1, 2, and 3 series cars.
>>
>>14054784
I honestly don't see anything wrong paying 44k for that. I mean at that point I would drop another 10k in and get a 5 series but still it is a BMW.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but no everything in the world costs as much as a beat up civic.
>>
>>14056339
*not everything in the world.....
>>
>>14054784
>being a BRAND NEW LUXURY car
>surprised that its expensive
idk what you expected
>>
>>14054921
>Because normies are badgewhores
>implying /o/ isn't a badgewhore in its own way, too
>>
>>14056350
I think that's their point.

3-Series isn't screaming "LUXURY" when you look at it or get in it.
But other anons are right that the manufacturers are always looking for ways to cut costs and maximize profits.

This is why most people riding around in a 3-Series or C-Class today have no idea their seats are actually not real leather.
>>
It's called R&D fuckhead.
It's expensive.
>>
>>14054784
bmw has fallen off a cliff luxury-wise since they realized that they have established their brand identity to a point where morons who have money and no actual taste (aka most people with money) will buy their cars based on the name alone with zero clue as to what constitutes an actual luxury vehicle or what they actually should be getting for their money.

this mostly only applies to the stock trim base models like the one your basic bitch mom bought. actual luxury features can still be found in the higher tier models like the 5-series and up, or even to a lesser extent a fully-kitted-out higher-end 3 series, like a fully-loaded 335. the 320/325/328 etc models are for badge-whore philistines who wouldnt know luxury or class if it was a diamond-encrusted horse dildo fucking them in the ass.
>>
>>14058208
Basically. Merc c class does it much better imo
>>
>>14054784
>>14054784
Because of the badge.
>>
>>14056494
We're badgewhores for cheap shit, though. Then again, 70 or so percent of the board wants a 70k Toyota.
>>
i work for bmw, and can say the price is very close to the value. once you understand all the technology, research, and customer service that goes into a bmw youll understand.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.