[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guy confronts tire shop claiming he was sold used tires, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 16

File: 565.png (249KB, 865x643px) Image search: [Google]
565.png
249KB, 865x643px
I honestly don't know who's telling the truth. The basis of the guy's argument is that the "hairs" from the tires made by the mold vents are missing (therefore the tires have been used). I was wondering do all new tires have these hairs or can you find new tires without them? The guy kinda acts like a bitch, mostly likely to seem like the victim for youtube.

https://youtu.be/hD87zmkrFUk
>>
The easiest way to tell is to get a tread depth gauge and see what the difference is between the tires and the factory specs for them.

Until that's sorted out, he's just another youtube attention whore.
>>
>>14054375
That's what I was thinking. He kinda looks like retard confronting the store with a baseless argument.
>>
File: tire-expiration-date.jpg (202KB, 930x520px) Image search: [Google]
tire-expiration-date.jpg
202KB, 930x520px
lol wut ? this is exist
>>
This guy clearly has severe autism.
>>
>>14054400
That doesn't mean anything you fucking retard.
Go to a tire shop and walk around reading the date codes. You're going to see the tires are all old.
That doesn't mean they're not new.
>>
>>14054400
new tires can be sitting on the shelves for months
>>
File: 223846.jpg (171KB, 1146x889px) Image search: [Google]
223846.jpg
171KB, 1146x889px
>>14054360
most all tires will have one or two tags left
some have coloured wear indicating divots
>>14054375
be sure to check dot codes for how old the tire is
>>
Ugh watching the beta camera guy get dominated by that jackass was cringey as fuck.

>t-the.... t-the... t-the m-mold vents...
>>
Can this retard show the tires?
>>
File: a23rg.png (41KB, 854x445px) Image search: [Google]
a23rg.png
41KB, 854x445px
>>14054475
>I'm a customer
This is what "customers" ACTUALLY THINK. That they are entitled to fucking anything.
>>
>>14054375
For sick ass accuracy for this dumb paranoid cunt, a caliper
>>
File: unnamed-1-370x208.jpg (22KB, 370x208px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1-370x208.jpg
22KB, 370x208px
>>14054435
>most all tires will have one or two tags left
>some have coloured wear indicating divots
are you talking bout these hair things?
>>
>>14054435
>Tfw have big mud tires
>Do the penny test
>Penny gets lost in tread it's so deep
>>
>>14054481
It's only because a shitload of businesses treat customers as such.
>>
Not all tires do. Hell good practice (for performance vehicles) is to rough the contact surface of the tire before it goes on with sandpaper
>>
>>14054528
Lucky me then, my local indie is always giving me free shit and they'll take my car in same day. Plus any time they fix something they do a routine inspection and pull codes. Super nice too. I see all these yanks tossing customers out the door or cussing in their face, and I think shit, the worst I've ever had is a sales manager laugh at me.
>>
>>14054481
It's funny how he doesn't realize how he blew his chances of a case by trespassing.
>>
>>14054504
yes on the freshest tires they are also on the top of the tread
>>
>>14054534
Would the hairs be there before sanding?
>>
>>14054573
No, he thinks that anyone gives a fuck and that he will be famous and will get the shop shut down. If anything, he makes me want to shop at that shop even more.
>>
>>14054581
if there are only a few left, does that mean they were driven on? or is there a process to remove the tags?
>>
>>14054591
I'm not aware of anyone who bothers to remove them on purpose
>>
File: Untitled7.png (27KB, 826x139px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled7.png
27KB, 826x139px
he's got some fooled
>>
File: IMAG0033.jpg (1MB, 1552x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0033.jpg
1MB, 1552x2592px
>>14054603
see
>>14054534

Though for drag bags i should imagine they dont care, the first burnout will remove them all adequately.

cant tell if mine had hairs on them to begin with, i see small bumps but no 'hairs'

That said. so long as i have enough mm of tread i see no problems. The whole argument remindes me of those spergs on YT who dont understand people and if they dont get EXACTLY what they had in mind, its wrong. everything about it is wrong, it wont work. Wrong shade of blue on a USB cable? its fucked, bad cable.
>>
>>14054613

>A woman takes his side

The blind leading the blind.
>>
>>14054633
Yeah I guess the best thing to do is just check the thread depth
>>
I noticed how camera guy didn't have the balls to finish a single thought in person, but online he's a real witty, tough guy!
>>
File: E_5b9627_331554.jpg (34KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
E_5b9627_331554.jpg
34KB, 500x400px
>>14054668
Yeah I noticed that too.
>>
>>14054360
Tireshop fag here, I don't even need to watch the video to know the guy making it is retarded. There are a great many tires that don't come with those hairs from the factory. Also, even a tire that's been on the road for even a few weeks will be discolored and very obviously used.
what a fucking moron
>>
>>14054694
>I don't even need to watch the video
You should, the cringe is delicioso
>>
Don't they drive your car after installing new wheels to check alignment
>>
>guy doesn't know anything about tires
>buys tires
>doesn't check tires
>has tires installed
>googles tires after they're installed
>confronts tire shop
>can't finish a sentence
>acts like tough guy in comments

This is delicious
>>
>>14054764
I wanna know why he drove away and came back days later to complain. He says there was mud all over the tires. He should have said something then and had them removed if he thought it was shadey.
>>
>>14054746
>but you put electrical tape on a fuckin tire
kek. I saw a dude cover up his chords with duct tape once
>>
"The New Face of Customer Service for 2016"
>2016
>>
>>14054804
chords
>>
>>14054791
I suspect by the Walmart references that during the part he did not record was a discussion about seeing them cheaper at WalMart. So he wanted to return them so he could buy tires from WalMart. He just wanted to make an excuse to return them.
>>
>>14054845
They were probably $50 kumho's anyway
>>
I'm glad guys like this still exist. He stands his ground, gives him several warnings before forcing him out, could have easily beat the shit out of him but didn't. Honorable dude, just by this interaction I have to assume he's in the right.
>>
File: 000107_2015-12-15_23h-24m-16s.png (31KB, 563x248px) Image search: [Google]
000107_2015-12-15_23h-24m-16s.png
31KB, 563x248px
kek
>>
>>14054864
lol
>>
If you ask me, he's an idiot for not going to an America's/Discount Tire.
>>
File: amy's baking.png (812KB, 844x562px) Image search: [Google]
amy's baking.png
812KB, 844x562px
>>14054864
>there were no tailors present
>>
>>14054360
I couldn't even get through the whole video, I just skipped to a few interesting bits that I could cringe through.

So basically
>OP is a faggot
>OP decides to show how much of a faggot he is
>gets treated like a faggot
>cries and posts it on youtube

I will say as a manager in a -service- (Not auto) venue, that the language the employee used, while understandable, is not acceptable.
Not really worth anything more than a stern talking to though.
Quick rundown
>looks like night
>two workers
that means they're closing crew, and either graveyard (unlikely) or the last out.
Rule #1 is never fuck with graveyard shifts/closers
those guys are the ones that really don't give a fuck about you.
>>
>>14054944
I was under the impression the guy talking to him behind the counter was the manager. He doesn't show all the recording, so I'm betting he had already worn out his welcome and was grating on the guys nerves.
>>
As someone who has felt up dozens or even hundreds of different tyres, i can tell you right now that even IF 100% of all new tyres had sprue nubs (they don't), by the time they've been balanced (we generally press against the rotating tyre to stop it on the machine) and then driven to check the alignment, there will be essentially none left.

>hurr there was mud on them
Either a lie or the shop didn't give a shit about shining them
>hurr their age
If you buy new tyres right now it's still possible to get stock from late 2012 built ones.
>>
>>14054613
>>14054864
>wah i got physically thrown out of a store for trespassing
What a fucking bitch. I like how he talked to the cops and uploaded the video, too. Would love to see the shop have him charged.
>>
>>14054969
I have considered that, but I don't honestly know. I'd have to look at the size of the place/etc to size it up.
Going off a limb, there are three possibilities -
A). The man we saw was an assistant manager and not the GM (a GM just doesn't sit by and let that happen, even if he did deserve it, unless he is C)

B). My original theory that this is a closing crew consisting of either a new guy and an old hand they trust or two old hands. (smaller venues do this a lot)

C). He is the only manager employed there, and as such hates his job enough to let his employees do what they want.
(another quirk of small venues)

Either way, the fact remains that going near closing time is -not- what you should do in this situation.
You want to go in early, as soon as they open, before they've decided that they fucking hate this day.
But, regardless, cameraman got what he deserved. I just disagree with the employee's language. (I don't even mind the physical contact, it was a 50/50 justification.)
>>
Someone needs to link this thread to youtube faggot. He is obviously hiding part of the recording, and knows nothing about tires.
>>
>>14055008
desu i wouldn't be surprised if OP is the youtube faggot
>>
>>14054987
I don't disagree with the physical at all. He told the dude to leave, as he said, 4 times. Then he told him to leave or he'll throw him out, then he said i don't want to put my hands on you and told him to leave.
He finally shoved autismal out the door, at which point his 'head hit the concrete'. No punches, no full force pushing, no nothing.

This guy is clearly retarded. Fucking thinking the news will pick this shit up in the comments.
>>
>>14055010
Yeah, but the words were what really cut the line.
It's like I teach my barkeeps when they first get out of training.
"You want that drunk guy/girl to go away?"
"Love, shove, love."
It basically means be as fucking polite as possible while holding nothing in reserve to get them out of the venue.
It works wonders, though I know it's likely not worth teaching outside of a dining/bar setting.

but yeah, defo deserved to get pushed out
>>
>>14055014
Yeah they could've spoken more politely, but honestly look at how dark it is outside. I'm willing to bet both of them have had a long-ass day and are in the process of locking up the shop when in works this mentally deficient motherfucker, accusing them of this bullshit.
When you think of it like that, they were actually quite restrained.
>>
>>14054360
Im a tire guy, have been for 8 years, lots of tires come new without hairs, michelins, firestone, nitto, nokian, lots. And just caise a tire has mud on ot doesnt mean it's used, it could have been stored outside in a yard wjere there was rain, and dirt, which ultimately creates, yes, mud. So, upon purcahse, the tires were rolled through said mud, hairless, and now this kid thinks he got ripped off. Kid should man up amd have a human conversation instead of fucming mumbling around and pissing this guy off.
>>
>>14055009
>OP here

I called "mr. mold vents" a bitch in my original post. I can assure you I'm not him.
>>
>>14055108
I just can't see any reason for you to actually post this unless you were the video's author looking for views (or to educate yourself on tires so you realize how much of a shitter you look like) or you were one of the workers who happened across it.
I'm just saying, there's literally nothing noteworthy in this video, it's another case of autism meets life.
but hey, I really dunno anything beyond the bare facts.
>>
>>14055138
>or to educate yourself on tires so you realize how much of a shitter you look like
I work on cars and know a lot about cars but the "hairs on new tires" thing is so misc and something I never paid attention to when buying tires. I was just looking for /o/'s opinion. How does this make me a shitter?
>>
>>14054481
He is entitled to getting what he was promised, if the tires aren't actually new.
>>
>>14055166
Then why didn't he say something the day he bought them? It's a lot simpler to protest then than wait days or weeks and come back to complain. They can just take them off, do a charge back, and put your old tires on. It becomes suspect when they start saying the tires at Walmart are cheaper and you want to return yours NOW because they are not new.
>>
If you ever think you've been scammed like this, be sure to document everything and call the sheriff's department (the non-emergency line; not 911). You can file a report with them, and they might go with you to the business. The sheriff might pass the duties off to state police. If the public safety official investigates and thinks your complaint has legs, it will be passed to the district attorney.
>>
>>14055219
No. You just do your own research, and inspect the work before leaving. No good coming back some time later.
>>
>>14054836
vocal chords
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 940x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 940x528px
>he year of our lord 1999+16
>buying tires at a brick and mortar tire shop
>selecting your tires from a tiny, overpriced "selection" at the shop
>not buying them online a lot cheaper, pay no tax, get free shipping and a $70 Visa card on the mail

It's like you like getting c.u.c.k.e.d
>>
Tire shops are the fucking worst. Used to work at a local family owned chain and we did horrible things. We used to charge high for the top of the line tire only to put on the same brand but cheaper. Mostly goodyears since they have so many fucking tires. We also only balance to .50 and call it good enough.
>>
>>14055552
Same, man. I did some horrible shit mostly because I was lazy, but never to rip people off

>Balance a wheel
>Spin it again after balancing it
>It's not balanced
>Do it again, with extra care
>It's still not balance
>You know what, fuck, we're good

I didn't always want to check air filters so Id always say they needed replaced. Sometimes Id mix oils cuz we ran out of a certain weight. I stole a pen out of someones car because they had like 2 dozen of the fuckers and they were kinda nice and I didn't have one so I kept it. Someone had an entire bag of tiny cheese wheels and some wine in their trunk when I had to put their spare back after replacing it and I kept one of those too. It was delicious.

One of the dudes there said one of their mechanics stole weed out of a customers that was just sitting in the cupholder and when he came to get it back they told him to call the cops lmao
>>
>>14054360
How did you even find this shit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXYkFJX7nR8&feature=youtu.be

Nigga tried to repair a hole in his tire with electrical tape, man. Then he goes into the shop and demands tires with nipples still attached to them. Who does this shit.

Still, really don't think the guy should have shoved him. Most mechanics are disgruntled alcoholics who hate their life, you don't go into a garage looking for a fight because you'll probably get one
>>
>>14055581
He's wrong. It's private property and you can use force to remove a person who refuses to leave whether they are violent or calm. It has to be reasonable force to remove the person. If they resist, then you increase the force and it can go all the way up to blunt force or a taser or pepper spray.
>>
>>14055605
Bro, I'm just saying I wouldn't shove anyone and I don't agree with it regardless of context. I would have called the police. Id feel so shitty about myself hitting an obviously retarded person. Youd have to be to put electrical tape over a fucking hole in your tire. That shit still baffles me 30 minutes later. If I knew this guy in real life I would never let him live that down.

>Yo, don't ask Cole for advice. He tried to put fucking electrical tape over a hole in his tire. Seriously.
>>
>>14054360
HOW FUCKING BETA CAN ONE PERSON BE GODDAMN.
>>
>>14055613
That's because you aren't running a business. I person who refuses to leave and remains to argue is disruptive to your business. He not only be charged with criminal trespass, but in my city he could also be charged with Interference with a Lawful Occupation (the "occupation" in this case means building or structure, not job/career)
>>
>>14055619
This is what im expecting and from reading this thread im already cringing.
Not gonna bother watching the video
>>
You should, it's entertaining
>>
the location for those interested http://midway-oil.com/
>>
>>14055653
That looks like a miserable as fuck little shop to work at. No wonder everyone is so pissed off.
>>
>>14055563
>one of their mechanics stole weed out of a customers that was just sitting in the cupholder and when he came to get it back they told him to call the cops

fuck you motherfucker
>>
>>14055667
This was before I started working there, faggot. I told them about the pen and they shared that story with me. No one knows about the cheese wheel though.

CALL THE COPS
WHAT YOU GONNA SAY
>That guy stole my illegal drugs
>>
>>14055514
and who is gonna put that tyre on your wheels?
your mom?
>>
>>14055581
>How did you even find this shit?
leddit. it was car related so I posted it here.
>>
Not all tires have castings.. The guy is fucking retarded.
He should have checked the thread depth.
>>
My Nitto Neogens still have some hairs on them after 2 years of dailying them in the summer
>>
>>14055932
Why would you buy a performance tire and not even use them hard enough to wear the castings off... You could have saved yourself like $200 just getting all seasons. Shaking my head.
>>
>>14055944
Most tires I see have the nubs on the sidewall. What's so "high performance" about rubbing the curbs when you drive?
>>
>>14055954
>He doesn't corner so hard the sidewalls get worn
lol what a fgt
>>
>>14054857
Threatening to beat someones face for technical disagreement is in no way honorable. Acting unnecessarily aggressively usually is a sign of lie.

If he was such a honest seller and a tyre expert he should have no problem proving he's right. Either by showing other indicators that prove it's condition on the customers tyre or comparing the thread depth with obviously brand new tyre from storage.
>>
>>14055944
I essentially got them for free. I bought wheels from my friend for retail price that he had for less than a month with brand new Neogens already on them. I just left them on because, why not.
>>
File: downs.png (17KB, 841x123px) Image search: [Google]
downs.png
17KB, 841x123px
HEY HEY HEY LEAVE THIS 'NON AUTISTIC' MAN ALONE.

HIS HALF BROTHER IS HANDICAPPED! IT RUNS IN FAMILIES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXYkFJX7nR8&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>14055977
>>14055581
>Backwards hat
>No understanding of the law
It just keeps getting better and better.

>hurr if you're not violent
Oh fucking SWEET! Guess imma just go sit in the middle of the fucking doorway at a bank and sue them when the security guard throws me out, after all i wasn't yelling.

>no i don't have autism
Yeah, see, about that...
>>
>>14055762
I will. Learn to work on your own shit.
>>
>>14056014
You going to balance it too? Didn't think about that one huh?
>inb4 I perfectly seat a tire on an 18" 3 piece wheel with TPMS and balance it with airsoft bbs
>>
File: 1424183976118.jpg (95KB, 479x198px) Image search: [Google]
1424183976118.jpg
95KB, 479x198px
>>14055977
The video is private now. Must be the autism.
>>
>>14056014
Post your tyre machine bro
You using the 220v outlet?
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 800x600px
>>14055762
I said buying the tires, I usually take them to my trusty mechanic who does road force balancing and an alignment.
>>
Did anyone save it or have a mirror. Guy set everything to private.
>>
>>14055425
You're correct that you should inspect the work before leaving. However, if you find that you've been scammed, you still need to call the sheriff's department. Knowingly selling a product that is not what was ordered and not rectifying the situation is fraud, which is a crime, and the proper authorities should be notified.
>>
>>14056638
Yeah and when the report is filed and you're asked to show evidence... then what

"uhhh well.. uhh I don't have any cause I drove on them"

gg
>>
>>14054417
>just because they're old doesnt mean they aren't new

ok
>>
>>14055563
You sound overweight and generally disgusting.
>>
>>14056526
Yeah somebody archived it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lIsL7VdNTQ
>>
>>14059362
Nice..thanks
>>
File: 1399046460446.png (1MB, 833x623px) Image search: [Google]
1399046460446.png
1MB, 833x623px
>Arguing with a retard with down syndrome

I have additional questions:

>where's his tard-wrangler?

>why is he buying tires?

>why is a downie even allowed to be driving?
>>
>>14055552

Balancing to .5 is fine most of the time though. Nobody has an ass that sensitive.
>>
>not buying 200 tw tires from tirerack sent to your home
>>
>>14055762
they will usually ship them to the shop of your choosing
>>
>>14055068
i can understand why you're a tire guy and not a linguistics guy
>>
>>14056668
You leave that up to the sheriff's department. But if you inspect the tires before you drive (which you should do), this shouldn't be an issue.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.