[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time you parallel parked, /o/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: whoops.jpg (270KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
whoops.jpg
270KB, 1280x1024px
When was the last time you parallel parked, /o/?
>>
>>14054040
Normally you see those kind of parking jobs in the Sunset and Richmond, not wherever that is (Pac Heights?)
>>
Thank god for backup cameras.
>>
>>14054040
>parallel parking
>living in a clustered city

no thanks
>>
>>14054040
>Living anywhere parallel parking spaces exist

I hate cities.
>>
>try out a parallel park just to see if I can
>bump over the curb
>pull out, try again
>level out too far into the lane
>give up and take a parking spot

This is what happens when you live in suburbs your whole life I guess
>>
for this year about 2-3 times, residential areas here have enough space where I don't have to bother and I never park in busy areas.
>>
Last time was probably a week or so back, though I typically do it maybe 3-4 times a month. Yay cities
>>
>>14054060
>>14054067
>>14054081
>>14054083

wtf? Parallel parking is fucking easy, n00bz.
>>
>>14054138
I remember all the principles, I'm just out of practice and not sure when the best moment to crank my wheel is.
>>
2 weeks ago? Or 3? I was visiting the city where my sister goes to school, had to drop off some stuff for her
>>
>>14054151

I don't know what to tell you, I don't even parallel park that often anymore but every time I do I have no problem whatsoever. Maybe just be more familiar with your car's size?
>>
>>14054040
Every day.You just have to were I live.
>>
File: 20151210_145022.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20151210_145022.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>14054151
Try right hand down all the way when the B pillar is at the back of the car you are parking behind, left hand down all the way when the front of your car is even with the rear of their car
>>
>>14054138
I'm not complaining about parallel parking, I'm complaining about the places where you would typically need to parallel park.
>>
I parallel park every other week on a quiet side street. I haven't parallel parked on a road with any level of traffic since driving school.

If I'm parking downtown, I can either find a lot/garage, or an angle spot. If I parked anywhere else in the city, I'd probably be too worried about someone trying to liberate my stereo.
>>
Not once since Ive gotten my license
And only time i did before that it was a test parallel park with no actual cars to squeeze between, just imaginary ones
So never
>>
A week ago while visiting my mom.
Got in on the first try.

The week before that I bumped into some fucker's bicycle.
Seriously. Who the fuck parks a bicycle in a car parking spot.
>>
I have to do it every day because of where I work. I still am shite at judging distance from the curb (without the mirrors at least)
>>
20 mins ago.
>>
>>14054040

I lives in a friends house for a year while I worked to get my own place. His street was normally congested with cars, so I typically had to squeeze in at an angle into a spot.

This is coming from a guy who now frequently backs up trailers into tight spots almost daily.
>>
>>14054040
LoL, SanFran chinks...
>>
File: zuma_125.jpg (301KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
zuma_125.jpg
301KB, 2000x1333px
Never
>>
File: wallhaven-18212.jpg (733KB, 2048x1259px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-18212.jpg
733KB, 2048x1259px
about 4 years ago when I took drivers ed lmao.
>>
File: noice.png (75KB, 239x204px) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
75KB, 239x204px
>>14054040
Couple of hours ago:

Instructions for paralel parallel parking.

1º) Stop beside the vehicle in front of your parking space, keep and arm's lenght, more or less, of separation between it and your car.

2º) Go in reverse until the trunk of that car is more or less at the same level as your back seats (this is for hatchbacks, maybe more for sedans).

3º) Turn the wheel all way to the curb and start to back in into the space.

4º) Check your rear mirror, as soon as you can see the headlamps (both!!) of the car behind you turn the wheel all the other way.

5º) If everything goes well you should land in the parking space, if not, you probably started the 3º step too early, make some corrections and/or try again.

6º) You done son.
>>
>>14057421
>rear mirror

Mistake: I mean side mirror, sorry
>>
Every single day, 4-8 times a day.
Get gud plebs

> living in Philly, watching my bumpers getting fucked up everyday because no-one knows how to park and they just plow into both cars to get into a spot
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>14054047
You live around here? i see retards parking every day, glad my car stays in my driveway most of the time and this dosent require much parking
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14054138
This.

Last time I parallel parked my car was Sunday. But I parallel parked a semi truck with a 46' trailer a couple times today. And a few times yesterday. And will parallel park it more tomorrow.

Whenever I deliver to Walgreens and CVS, I normally have to parallel park the truck across a line of parking spaces. There are either curbs, cars, or trees in front and behind of the truck. If I have 2 or 3 parking spaces worth of extra room, I'm lucky.

>>14054151
It's all about knowing how early/late to crank that wheel back so you are close enough to the curb when you straighten out. Same thing when backing up a trailer but to a greater extent.
>>
About 3 years ago when I took my drivers test. Did it perfectly then and haven't had to do actual parallel parking since. I do park on the side of the road in front of my house sometimes, but that's just swinging the car over.
>>
>>14054181
>familiar with car's size
HOW
FUCKING HOW
YOU TELL ME
AND MAYBE ILL IMPROVE
NOBODY ON /O/ GIVES REAL FUCKING CAR OR DRIVING ADVICE
>YOU JUST GOTTA FEEEEL THE PROBLEMS MAN
>YOU JUST GOTTA FEEEEL HOW BIG YOUR CAR IS
FUCK
YOU
>>
>>14057538
Changes from car to car, just try it, if yours car front end touches the front car trunk/side, then you started to turn into the space too early, if your rear wheel touches the curb and your car is in a big angle, then you started to turn too late.

At the third or fourth time, you'll get the sweet point where you must start turning the wheel and land it into the park space on one/two manueuvers
>>
>been driving the same car for 15 years
>can park it close enough to a wall the mirror gets in the way

>>14057538
>>familiar with car's size
>HOW
>FUCKING HOW

Experience you doublenigger, it's not something that can be explained.
>>
>>14057538
You can learn its width by driving to the edge of the road. Country roads where I live have a rough surface poured onto the shoulders. You can drive over to the right until you feel your tires hitting the rough surface. Eventually you learn to tell where the side of your car is by looking at it.

As for telling where the front and rear of your car are, look for landmarks. Raise your seat some so you can see the edges of the hood. If you are willing to, tape some sticks to the corners of your car pointing straight up so you can see from where your seat how much the car is sticking out.
My car also has a spoiler sticking out the very back of the trunk, with only the bumper behind it. It's easily visible from my seat. I use that to gauge where the back of my car is.
>>
Everytime I don't park in my Garage at home.

>>14057421

Can confirm that this actually works wonders.
>>
>>14057421
what about the hell hole that is maneuvering out of parallel parking
fuck you this advice is useless
>>
>>14057861
Back as far up as you can, then turn left to full lock, ta da, you're out. It's not even remotely hard.
>>
>>14057518
i never made the connection as to why your trip is pepsifag till now
>>
>>14054040
Last night. Took 10 minutes of circling the blocks to find a spot. Fucking hipsters with their weird ass festivities clogging up parking with their poorly placed Volkswagens.

Still not used to my new(to me) car. It's not as wide or long as the old boat, so I end up over a foot from the curb a lot because I turn back too soon. Just haven't needed to do often enough it to get it right consistently.
>>
File: Ringo.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ringo.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>14054040
>When was the last time you parallel parked, /o/?
Months ago.

I need to practice again. If it's any consolation of knowing, I do reverse parking on a regular basis.
>>
File: 1387762727762.jpg (44KB, 350x401px) Image search: [Google]
1387762727762.jpg
44KB, 350x401px
asian grill driver rite.
In a toxic city full of feminazis rite.
Nuke the site from orbit, just to be sure.
>>
>>14054040
Almost daily at work.
>>
File: sweating man.jpg (27KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweating man.jpg
27KB, 298x300px
>tfw could parallel park easily during driving test, did it 3 times flawlessly
>8 years on have never done it since, I always drive around until I find a better parking spot
>>
>>14059395
It could be worse.
You could be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf4TIWECZ30&list=WL&index=29
>>
My car has so little visibility I'm afraid of backing into a parking stall, let alone parallel parking
>>
>>14059429
Ha, seen the sped up WebM version of this floating around here some place, hopefully someone here has it.
>>
>>14057861
lmfao getting out 2 easy get fuckednigg
>>
>>14054040
like a day or so ago

i live in the city its like a common thing
>>
>>14057518
I feel for truck drivers, at my old work they had a hell of a fucking hard time trying to reverse B-Doubles into the grape crushers with only a few metres to correct themselves and line the second trailer up to the hopper with mere inches to spare on each side. Meanwhile I'm still trying to get the hang of reversing a fucking trailer down a boat ramp.
>>
>>14059069
I need to start doing these more

Easy, but best not to get complacent
>>
This morning. Pretty much every single day.
As long as the space will give half a metre behind and in front of my car I just slot the cunt in
>>
>>14054138
>wtf?
>n00bz
Holy shit it's like I'm in 2005 again.
>>
Last time i drove to a major city.

>walking from car
>someone parking several spots back
>scraaaaaape
>eheheh
>>
I used to drive my mom's 5m estate before I bought my 4 something metre econobox.
I parallel parked it perfectly because I could actually see where the fucking bonnet ended and had decent back visibility.

Now with my econobox I won't even try to parallel park it in tighter spots, it makes me fucking crazy because I have no idea where are the ends of the car.
>>
Almost every day
>>
>>14057520
This
>>
>>14057518
Not relevant to the thread, but how is driving a truck for vendors, ie. propane, sodas, and foods?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.