[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unconventional ways you've taught yourself thread? Everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: cars.jpg (182KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cars.jpg
182KB, 1600x1200px
Unconventional ways you've taught yourself thread?

Everything I know about driving I learned from this fucking game, San Andreas.
Don't even break into corners anymore
>>
Do you strafe cops with a jetpack and twin SMGs?
>>
>op sees car he likes
>>press triangle
>>
>>14052892
>learnt how to take corners from a Top Gear episode where Jackie Stewart teaches James how to take corners
>learnt how to drive manual and shift purely from watching racing on TV

those are the only auto ones i can think of.
>>
>>14052892
Do you weapon cheat on a difficult mission?
>>
File: 1415421181005.gif (2MB, 360x199px) Image search: [Google]
1415421181005.gif
2MB, 360x199px
>learn everything I know about car platforms on here for two years and learn to sort the shitposting
>second check on these from google
>learn everything about engines from one class and basic knowledge
>repair everything on my car from Google and forums
Yeah
>>
>>14053028
why even go to school
>>
>>14052892

The yay leavin san fiero
>>
>>14053765
>tfw you were autistic enough to convert a shit ton of eurobeat to fucking .wav for the radio station
>blasting eurobeat during all the races
>actually doing the motorsports in the game with eurobeat playing
best fucking feel
>>
>>14053780

Dude, the music was part of the game.

>tfw you will never get to lick Sage's crustpunk armpits while fucking her greasy unshaved pussy with a mouth full of hairy nipples.
>>
>taught myself to reverse trailers with SpinTires
Oddly addicting game.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
I thought the driving mechanics were fantastic.
>>
>>14053812
sfur tho
>>
>tfw I probably saved myself from crashing in the first year of having my licence by playing sim racers since I was 13
>>
>>14052892
GTA:IV Eastern Europoor skill difficulty master race.

>>14053745
>To get a job.
>>
>>14053812
>Not Mary-Beth Maybell
>>
I learned all of my trailer control from euro truck simulator and I learned a huge chunk of driving manual from watching racing as a kid. Then when in first drove a manual car I picked it up really quickly due to my previous understanding. I also learned basic driving control methods from watching rally, drifting, and other motorsports. Its amazing how much you learn from watching when you're young.
>>
>>14053812
>>14055270
> not the girl from the Lonely Hearts show (forget her name)
>>
>>14052892
>be 18
>got license 1 week ago (Europoor)
>apply for job at Red Cross delivering meals and medicine to old people, doing their shopping and driving them places
>get it
>spend 6h a day driving, for 10 months
>backed the shitty Red Cross Corsa into street lights and walls at least 10 times while parking
>slid it into a wall on an icy street
>each time kicked the plastic bumper until the dent popped back out
>never told anyone
>learned how to open it with a coat hanger when I locked the keys inside
>learned that I can hit 110 mph with a tailwind on a 15-minute downhill stretch of the Autobahn when the tank is almost empty
>learned that I can brake traction if I rev to the limiter then dump the clutch at a traffic light.
Protip: Never buy a used car off a charitable organization.
>>
>>14055276
As a kid I was convinced cars can read minds cause the revs always dropped half a second before my dad touched the shifter.
>>
>be me
>be 16
>havent driven much, and only autotragic
>want to buy first truck
>go to look at cheap 5 speed 302 f150
>have no idea how to drive stick
>go to uncles place who has a few racing games and steering wheel/pedal&clutch
>taught myself how to drive stick kind-of doing that for a few hours
>go to look at truck again
>buy it
>guy asks me if i need help learning how to drive because im young
>i say no
>drive away like i was a natural
>he's watching me with a smile on his face

i still have this truck and dont plan on getting rid of it, even though i bought a newer autotragic
>>
>>14053001
Can you find that episode? I'd be really interested.
>>
>>14055994
not him, but literally 5 seconds on google:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2o54o2
>>
>>14052892
I never really learned how to drive.
When I got my permit back in 2011 I remember I got in the car with my mom and just started driving like I had always known.
The only thing I can attribute to this is that I played racing games my whole life and I mowed our 4 acre yard with a riding lawn mower every weekend.
When I finally got a car with a standard transmission I had to go pick it up from my town that was a good 3 hours from my university. I had never driven stick but I watched a lot of top gear and before I drove up to get the car I watched a couple youtube videos.
Anyway, I got the car and my dad said it was all mine if I drove it back down to the university.... in a blizzard..... with only front wheel drive and a transmission I had no experience with. Anyway, by the end of the 3 hours I knew more or less how to drive that car.
>>
>>14056007
vroom zoom
>>
File: capture_17122015_125922.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
capture_17122015_125922.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>14052892
kek
>>
My parents never bothered to show me much more than the basics when it came to driving.
It really just was be putting around town..and not even in the busy areas. That was it..they didnt want to risk me fucking up the only car they own..which I understood.
I learned how to drive on the highway by myself, manual..with the help of a friend who owned one.
>>
>>14055533
>>14055270

Is that from K-Rose?
>>
Never really learned much from games or tv but I did learn the basics of suspension tuning and the differences between LSDs from Live for speed.. great sim, played the shit out of it while i had no car for a few months, practised racing lines and stuff as well
>>
>>14055276
>Play Euro Truck 2 for awhile
>Cousin starts talking up his trailer parking skills
>He can't back his trailer up to his garage to move
>Tell me to take a shot at it
>"Let me know if I need to take over man"
>He's a cocky asshole
>Back that shit in perfectly on my first try
>He's speechless
>>
>>14059784
I also had no license at the time, one of my proudest moments in life

Bonus:
>Get my own apartment after dad and I get into a fight
>Mom comes with me
>January this year
>her van breaks down
>Was technically my dad's, she was just using it
>go to dealership
>have been test driving manuals for a few months but always got denied on the loan application
>Finally get approved
>10pm I get the car keys
>Get fucked on the loan (12K for a car worth 5K, 26.5%)
>Whatever, plan on killing myself anyways
>It's my first manual car
>No winter tires
>Canada
>Drive that shit home without stalling or going into a ditch
>>
>>14059822
Don't kill yourself, Canada has everything
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.