[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you upgraded you brake pads yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: rweavb_2015-12-15_21-45-00.jpg (131KB, 1266x667px) Image search: [Google]
rweavb_2015-12-15_21-45-00.jpg
131KB, 1266x667px
Why haven't you upgraded you brake pads yet?
>>
File: Costanza1.jpg (41KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza1.jpg
41KB, 375x375px
>asking a board full of poorfags why they haven't done an upgrade
>>
>>14051464
is clearly 100% serious about brake pads.
Don't mind the picture with fucking iphones in a caliper.

I replace em when I need to op, there's still meat on them
>>
>implying anyone on /o/ actually NEEDS upgraded pads
>>
File: 20140912_164113.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20140912_164113.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
If by upgrade you mean getting rid of these....

>>14051629
This
>>
>>14051767
Don't fucking remind me ;_;
I have to replace all pads and discs on my car soon, and I'd much rather spend the money on getting my bike license.
>>
File: 1405494199901.png (518KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
1405494199901.png
518KB, 500x720px
>>14051820
>tfw replaced my front pads for $30
>tfw can't figure out why they are squeaking
>tfw have to do the back pads one of these days, but don't want to spend another $20-30
I should really take it off one of these days and try reapplying some disc brake quiet.
>>
>>14052475
Did you properly set the vibration clip again?

You also may just need to set them better, with some harsh braking for 5-10 stops
>>
File: 1420679424248.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1420679424248.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>14052482
You know, I didn't think of that. Thanks anon, I know what I might do tomorrow. It was my first time, so I might have done some stupid shit like that.
>>
>>14052475
Best value overall is to use OEM parts. May seem more pricey but mixing rotor metals and cheap after market brake pads cost you more in the long run
>>
>>14051457
I did. Hawk HPS installed myself. did I do right?
>>
>>14052502
>literal nonsense
>>
File: 36-4526_xl_1[1].jpg (44KB, 307x950px) Image search: [Google]
36-4526_xl_1[1].jpg
44KB, 307x950px
>>14052475
Feels shitty once you've already put everything in place, eh?
What do you use, the "grease" quiet or sticky pads?

Grease for me
>>
not him, but i use grease. i want to try the pads i have a suspicion the pads work a lot better.
>>
>>14052534
I use grease. I think I'll try what the other anon recommended.
>>
>>14052522
Its actually true. Engineers design the rotors and brake pads to work together in particular efficiency. When you change pads to cheap shit quality, they dont work as originally planned.
>>
>>14052502

Yha oem is best.

Had a dude not use anything else for his truck but acdelco brake pads and rotor. He says that he gone over 80,000 thousand miles on his first pair.

Is all up to you and your discretion but Autozone rotors are shit! Pads are okay tho made by bosch. Not even 30,000 miles and rotors shows warping. Bullshit!

So may buy some oem rotors online and replace my pads for free"warranty" See how that do
>>
File: turnyourrotors.png (30KB, 783x296px) Image search: [Google]
turnyourrotors.png
30KB, 783x296px
>>14052554
just get them turned.
>>
the front pads in my shitbox have worn almost down to the metal

my friend always complains that the brakes are shitty, but I don't care, it still stops just fine
>>
>>14052563

At 30,000 miles just get them turned.

Fuck that. Get my money back and buy some rotors that actually last long then i turn those for more life.
>>
>>14052475
They squeak because they're non-oe.
Seriously people. Different pads and rotors can be very useful or very hurtful. OE pads are designed for maximum life and maximum quiet.
Your vato zone pads and rotors are designed for maximum value.
Cheap pads and rotors will wear out quickly and be loud while performing poorly.
>>
>>14052502
>>14052522
>>
>>14052610

Yheeep yheeep. Learning that the hard way

.>>14052554

Just learn that the o.e. Pads are considered under "high-performance and heavy duty" application and there only 27.99 dorras.

But vatozone has that i don't care warranty it out policy but replacing rotors and brakes every so often gay!
>>
>>14052610
Duralast brake parts meet or exceed all OE standards, and they have a lifetime warranty. If you're talking about Valuecraft, then yeah, they're shit. And the Duralast pads are usually about $20.
>>
File: 20151214_161836.jpg (484KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20151214_161836.jpg
484KB, 1400x1050px
Why haven't you upgraded your engine yet?
>>
>>14052644

>vatozone employee

Do your own research and don't trust vatozone prices! Those muther fuckers overprice there Chinese shit!
>>
>>14052554
Maybe it's because he's a good driver, and you're a young guy that brakes too hard or too often, or both. Could be that you drive like a madman and have to hard brake constantly, and he putts around like a grandma.
>>
I've used cheap pads all my life and never had noise issues. Learn to install your shit properly.
>>
>>14052657
I don't work there, and I'll take my advice from myself, not some meme spouter. I've had the same Duralast pads and rotors on my car for the last six years, and there is still 70% pad left and zero warping. Learn how to drive, and slow the fuck down, Takumi wannabe.
>>
>>14052700

>>14052700

>I'll will take my advice for myself

Uuuu a little sensitive are we. Are you one of those numb skulls who thinks he always right.

If you don't believe vato zone have cheap shit and ridiculous pricing
find by me keep getting ripped off.

Do you drive as much as me. Do you live in the city. Or take trips with friends. going to the coast or mountains. Shit man i don't drive reckless but I drive.
>>
>>14052673

True true. But he had a 1 ton pick up who tows and shit. His pads and rotors are probably made for high grades of stress and abuse.

My dumb ass purchased cheap vatozone parts now dealing with my mistake. Also i drive alote. Today alone i put over 100 miles
>>
>>14052862
I drive at least 60 miles per day, four days a week for work. Plus trips to the store, going to whatever event I may choose, and back to the town where I work to go out with friends. I take a lot of weekend drives in the mountains. But.... I drive slow, never over the speed limit during normal commute, I don't follow too close, and I don't have to hit my brake pedal until I'm almost at a stoplight, because I engine brake.

Maybe I am a little defensive of Autozone, as they have done me right for a long time. I have a platinum level commercial account, and use their parts on every one of my customer's cars, unless they demand something else. I've never had the issues you people blather on about all the time, but maybe it's because I buy the gold and platinum lines of products, and not the white box bargain shit, which isn't made under the Duralast name. As far as you saying it's overpriced, well, maybe you just need to get a better job. $20 for a quality set of brake pads, that have a lifetime warranty, isn't expensive to the kids that work at McDonald's, so I don't see the problem. You wanna see them overpriced? Stop by my shop and I'll show you what I would charge you for their parts. And I get them for less than half what they sell them to you for.
>>
>>14052953

>commercial account

You just answer why you are loyal to autozone. They will lick your dick clean so you can stay. Cheap prices and store deliverys

you get them for cheap. As a regular customer you get there low price "even cheaper" on your commercial account. Thats how they keep commercial accounts.

>never had a problem
Are you fucking sure. I can tell you many screw ups and bad parts i and customers received.

>engine braking
So you coast stop to stop. You don't drive in hektic citys or down mountain paths. I have alote of hills and crazy fucking bums and dogs out of no where.

>better job
>buying cheap stuff

Don't want to get in a shouting match with a shop owner that uses cheap autozone parts and over price them to his customers.

Is that how you make your living screwing people over! If so i should not listen to you in finding a better job.
>>
File: crying-baby.png (362KB, 525x565px) Image search: [Google]
crying-baby.png
362KB, 525x565px
>>14053108
>pic related

It's you.

Seriously, man, you don't have any proof of anything bad happening. You just admitted to doing your very first brake job. I've been using Autozone parts professionally, and personally for over 20 years, I think my judgment of their quality is better than yours. If they were shit, I'd stop using them. Comebacks cost me time and money. Yes Autozone will replace the pads for free, but 9/10 times, they aren't compensating me for the labor I have to pay my guy to swap them, or just do it myself. I do know if parts are fucked, because I get an earful from customers. I hate that, that's why I switched to Autozone from Advance.

And yes, if my customers were informed, they'd know to go to the zone and get the parts themselves and save money. I'm not ripping them off, they're paying for the convenience of not having to go to the store, and have to know what they want. They're paying also, for my expert knowledge. If they wanted to save money, they would.

Your job is shit if you can't afford to maintain your car. But please, tell me again how Autozone sells the exact same parts for less money than the dealership, but that the dealer is more affordable, and better. Before you start on how they're not the same, please refer to the independent testing agencies that test their parts for quality, and say that they meet or EXCEED OE standards. They're legally required to do so.
>>
>>14053224
>I've used shitty parts on my customers' vehicles and neglected my own for 20 years
>>
>>14053268
>I spout memes because I'm a know nothing child that just got my first car and bopped on over to /o/ to shitpost because /b/ was tired of my bananas
>>
>>14053224
Uh, no you are definitely ripping your customers off by overcharging them for parts.
>>
>>14053307
You will never be a successful businessman. Take your hippy bullshit and move on.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.