[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this make you feel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

How does this make you feel?
>>
indiferent because im not american
>>
>>14051276
>2013
Obviously nothing happened
>>
>>14051285
They lowered the dB limit to 90

For some contrast.. the dB limit for the California highway is 95dB
>>
File: 1443668120469.jpg (31KB, 634x356px) Image search: [Google]
1443668120469.jpg
31KB, 634x356px
>>14051306
They expect races to be run more quietly than highways?
>>
>>14051326
yep..
>>
>move next to track
>gets noisy at times
>complain
Boomers everyone.
>>
>>14051276
>buy home near racetrack
>complain about noise
Fucking retards
>>
anyone who moves next to a race track then complains is grade a retarded

the local drag strip got shut down because people built houses on a goddamn road called drag strip road and complained until it was shut down
>>
>>14051276
>wow honey this house is cheap! i bet there is absolutely no possible reason why these houses are cheaper than similar houses in other areas, no siree
>a viewing? performing research on the surrounding areas? why should I do that when the house is so cheap?
>>
>>14051344
I don't understand Boomers.
>generation grew up on cheap American muscle
>always collecting old, loud muscle cars
>literally had the world handed to them on a silver platter
>get old and complain about the things they love or used to love

My dad for example, he went to woodstock, was a total hippy, earned his money peddling stuff to other hippies and growing weed. Now he complains about how weed should be illegal forever, and that anybody who even touches it should be locked in prison for along time. Yet he made his fortune off the stuff.
>>
>>14051344
>>14051358
>buy house near race track (airfields also work well)
>it was cheap because of the noise
>complain about noise
>track gets shut down
>property value increases
>make money
>>
>>14051276
This shit happens, unfortunately. I remember a bunch of "concerned residents" tried to close Mallory Park not so long ago. Turned out the UK motorsport lobby was rather stronger than they expected, though I reckon the death threats might have been going a bit far.
>>
>>14051358
>>14051364
>>14051366
Betcha they're the couple with the shitty little dog who barks all day.
>>
>>14051341
That can't be real.
>>
File: 2276628825_39422b97a0_o.jpg (75KB, 775x343px) Image search: [Google]
2276628825_39422b97a0_o.jpg
75KB, 775x343px
Same thing happens in my town. Top Fuel races happen like once a year and people still fucking complain and try to get it shut down. You can hear those Top Fuel cars from 10 miles away but still, it's one weekend, calm down. You didn't have to buy a house by a drag strip/road course.
>>
>>14051391
>but that's not fair! Everything has to be my way!
>>
>Blames boomers

This is Calafornia were talking about, these are probably hipsters since they know all the legal presidence.
>>
>>14051387
It's real. All the the track day events since 2014 have had to maintain a 90dB limit. You can literally drive your fart cannon civic by a cop on the 5 freeway and not get a ticket but you can't race at laguna seca.
>>
>>14051391
>not building a watchtower on your property and watching free races
>>
>>14051409
>hipsters
>not in a loft
>nowhere near an Apple store
>>
>>14051409
It's soccer mom's or old people
>>
Laureles Grade is a fun road to drive on too, I bet those fuckers are the people I got stuck behind everytime I had to drive over it. Best part was during car week in Carmel seeing Bugatti's and stuff going up and down it.
>>
>>14051374
>death threats
It's the easiest thing ever to send death threats to yourself then say it was the ebil meanypants racercar association trying to force people to breathe their capitalist pollutants and and anti-commu I mean anti-social noise.
>>
>>14051373
Yep, I've worked at several airports and people complain about the jet noise as if they built an airport overnight or that somehow jet aircraft suddenly become more noisy.

>be aircraft mechanic
>read airport "noise abetment rules"
>call tower first, check
>get approved for high power runs, check
>perform such runs, check
>perform more unnecessary runs to annoy the faggots who bought a cheap house near the airport who turn around and complain about the noise
>check
>noise abatement rules followed
>faggot home home owners still got an earful of jet engines at high power at 3am

There's a reason property near some airports is cheap nigger.
>>
>>14051366
>raaaaah why are cars so loud muh hearing hurts kids these days what is the government. going to do about this
>cars become whisper quiet
>people get fun over because they can't hear the cars
>raaaaaah why are cars so quiet they're literal death traps kids these days what is the government going to do about this
>>
>>14051438
Yeah, but it's perfectly plausible that they're telling the truth. This is, after all, the internet. People you broadly agree with will frequently do dumb shit.
>>
>>14051476
There's one simple solution: make all cars self-driving, whisper-quiet, electric, pedestrian-friendly crossovers.
>>
File: 1445564855250.jpg (156KB, 680x780px) Image search: [Google]
1445564855250.jpg
156KB, 680x780px
>>14051512
>>
>>14051477
What is more believable: the meanypants racercar association sending death threats to the people disputing noise to get them to back down, or the self-victimising people further victimising themselves for extra media exposure and popular support?
>>
> someone builds a development next to the airport/faa tech center
> fighter jets constantly taking off and landing
> air marshals doing firearms training
> residents complain about noise
> everyone just laughs at them and tells them to fuck off
>>
>>14051276
Fuck right off bitch

That's like buying a house close to an airport or train tracks and complaining about the noise. If she didn't know there was a race track near by then shes a fucking dumbass
>>
>>14051276
>enjoying property
How can someone be this boring. I bet these fuckers unironically enjoy birdwatching

Track was there first.

>people move into Englishtown
>buying a house a mile from the track
>get booty blasted once a year for four days while top fuel cars rock their fucking houses
I'd fucking love to live 5-10 minutes from the track.
>>
>>14051373
I don't think the people moving in near airstrips or race tracks are this clever
>>
>>14051419
I now want to check for homes within 1 mile of racetracks for this exact reason. Sounds like the tits.
>>
File: 1450053957168.png (36KB, 302x317px) Image search: [Google]
1450053957168.png
36KB, 302x317px
>shithole city actually has a fucking motorsports park
>obviously it's all dirt
>been there like 30 fucking years
>development starts down wind of park
>residents constantly complain about the dust from the park
>when there's already shit tons of dust anyway because they live in a fucking desert
>>
>>14051619
>neighbors complain about your watchtower blocking their view of something and force you to tear it down
>>
>>14051602

Lmao wtf does ironically enjoying bird watching entail?
>>
>living in an over populated shit hole country
no thanks
>>
File: image_0.jpg (16KB, 480x236px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
16KB, 480x236px
>>14051471
Anon, you're my hero now
>>
>>14051471
As someone that lives a little over a mile away from one of the busiest airports in the US, it's really not that bad. Maybe at one point the planes seemed loud but now they are just background noise.
>>
>>14051276
looks like the real estate agent earned his/her bread by knowing the race schedule
>>
>>14052282
planes are a lot quieter than before
>>
>>14051364
desu it's good financial thinking
>buy cheap home
>lobby to remove the thing that lowered the price
>your home is now more valuable
>>
>Liberals move to the Midwest
>Liberals complain about gun range noises and race track noise
>Liberals get them shut down
>Liberals now complain they hear shooting out on the roads and street races because there's no where to go and enjoy hobbies anymore

Fucking Liberals.
>>
>>14052334
This.
>>
>>14052413
>RRRR I MUST BLAME LIBERALS
lmao
these are stuck up middle age fucks
>>
>>14052345
>>14052345
>planes are a lot quieter than before
they're still loud as fuck.

new aircraft like the 787 dreamliner are relatively quieter than than 747 and 777 but hey are not silent. most airliners still us old aircraft for puddle jumping and the majority of all air traffic is still older gen stuff. MD-90/80s are fuck loud and pilots like to use reverse thrusters while they taxi instead of their brakes which pretty much make their idle taxi noise hilariously loud. (helps extend pad & rotor service life)
>>
File: 1432586954525.jpg (41KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
1432586954525.jpg
41KB, 680x793px
I used to go fishing every weekend at spot less than 1 mile from Knockhill race circuit

you could only hear the engines and the muffled voice of the commentators if the wind was blowing in the right direction and even then you could probably just close your windows and never hear a thing

what kind of joyless petty cunt would complain about this sort of thing?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.