[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just sold some shit and have a little over $1200 for a car.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1450074943375.jpg (205KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1450074943375.jpg
205KB, 1124x1024px
I just sold some shit and have a little over $1200 for a car.

Should I just buy something outright or get a loan and work on something in the $3000-5000 range?

I want something that can take decent trips, I have family I visit in Florida and I'm in Maryland.
>>
There's nothing good for $1200
>>
>>14048215
most likely nothing good he can buy without needing to spend too much on repairs. Or he can get lucky

And I bought my shitbox for 1k
>>
>>14048215
>>14048223

So loan for something in the 3-5K range then?
>>
>>14048237
please no
>>
>>14048325
What do then?
>>
There are no cars for $1200 unless you get lucky and know someone who'll sell to you way below market value for some reason.
A car with everything on it working costs $2-3k+. If it costs less, you'll just have to pay the remainder in repairs, or catching up with maintenance.

That being said, don't finance a $3k vehicle. Conditions will be shit, cause you're in financial nigger territory.

Either manage with what transportation you have now until you've doubled your budget, or sell some more stuff, or get a better job.
>>
>>14048327
If a car costs less than 10K, you should buy it outright with cash

Either use the money as a down payment towards a car that's 10-12K, or save till you can buy something in the 3-5k range

Buying a 1K car is a desperate act of last resort, you shouldn't undertake it unless you have absolutely no other viable options
>>
>>14048335
There's a place by me that 1K down and $100 month payments with no interest.

No warranty though, a mechanic friend is willing to help me pick a non dud if I go that route.
>>
>>14048342
>no interest
sounds fishy, but if it isn't, go for it.
No-interest-loans are basically free money, cause inflation will kill some of your debt before you have to pay it back.
>>
>>14048363
>sounds fishy, but if it isn't, go for it.
It's semi fishy, the no warranty thing is there for a reason.

You are pretty much forced to know cars or bring someone who does to not get fucked.

A lot of good cars but a lot of duds too.
>>
>>14048368
>1K down
>100 a month
>'no interest'

There is no way you won't get fucked. This is one of the 3 basic ploys scammy as fuck BH-PH lots use to suck you into buying a shit heap
>>
>>14048375
Listen to this guy, he knows his shit.
>>
>>14048335
Eh.
I got my Ford Ranger (1992) for $1400.
They wanted $2000 but I was able to talk them down.
It had 204,000 miles on it when I bought and since then I've put another 12k on it.
Everything works perfectly and I've only had to get the oil changed and change the air filter.
Well I did get new tires, but I already had them so it cost me nothing, was just a bit worrie about the snow since old ones were getting bald and sliding a bit when accelerating/cornering in the wet.
>>
>>14048833
>I did get new tires
Which would put you close to the $2k mark I stated, if you had to buy them new.
The fact that you already had the tires is unrelated.
>>
>>14048188
If I had to make a suggestion I would get a small loan and try to get something for 4k. 2005ish Hyundai elantra are really good family cars
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.