[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mazda 3 and 6 - /o/ approved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: mazda.jpg (14KB, 350x278px) Image search: [Google]
mazda.jpg
14KB, 350x278px
Hey /o/, I recently thought about selling my old tuned car to look for something more economic and reliable. Wanted something at roundabout 5000€ (Europoor here) which is not to slow and reliable/cheap to maintain. My mechanic told me to look at Mazda 3s and maybe 6s.

Now, between all the Miatas, I haven't read much on here - what does /o/ think of the Mazda 3 and 6 from the period between 2005 and 2009?
>>
Owned one for a while, was a lot nicer than alternatives in the price/class range. Handles reasonably well for lolfwd, looks FAR better than its competition etc.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
get the mazdaspeed 3 hatch
>>
>>14045948
Those dont exist yet.
>>
>>14045948
That actually looks really good.
>>
>>14045718
I have an 05 hatch 2.3L
Love it even at 150k miles
>>
had an 07 2.3. great car. would recommend.
>>
Older models rust like hell. If you buy an earlier generation, make sure you get it krowned. I had an 05 Mazda 3 which quickly developed rust on the underbody, and the body (near the wheel wells, rocker panels, and the edges of the doors. The rust also eventually ate through the shock mounts and I had to replace those. I didn't understand the importance of rustproofing at the time, so I didn't bother. Some earlier Mazda 3 models are known for electrical problems. Most common problems are power steering issues, bad alternators, weak batteries, and corrosion in the electrical harness. The earlier 2.3L's have been known to burn oil and as a result suffered more premature engine failures compared to the 2.0L. Just my two cents.
>>
>>14046377
>The earlier 2.3L's have been known to burn oil and as a result suffered more premature engine failures compared to the 2.0L.
Where did you get this info?
I'm at 150k with Zero burning
Also no rust or electrical issues or alternator issues or PS issues.
No clue what you're on about
>>
>>14045718
Fuck mazda get a Toyota like Corolla or Camry their way better cars.
>>
>>14046402
He's not saying every car experiences these problems you colossal fucking retard.
>>
>>14045718
07 mazda 3 2 litre 5 speed sedan here. Only issues I have had are strut mounts and wiper motor. It's a fun car for a cheap ff sedan, and is dependable and efficient.
>>
>>14046597
>are known for
>common problems
I know he's not saying every car. But he's implying most will.
I asked for a source in this because I frequent mazda3 forums and have never heard of any but the rust.
>>
>>14046531
Corollas and camrys are boring as piss
>>
>>14046639
The Corolla S Plus 6MT is pretty loaded and fun to drive - you would be hard pressed to find a car in its price range with its features - but it is not fast. There are some people who have added turbos to them though.
>>
>>14046377
>Where did you get this info?
My Mazda dealership. Here's a report from the Automobile Protection Association's website:
http://www.apa.ca/readarticle.asp?id=15

>I'm at 150k with Zero burning
Not all 2.3L's have this issue. It just happens that the 2.3L's have suffered a higher rate of engine failures compared to the 2.0L's because of this issue.

>Also no rust
Again not all models, just a higher rate than normal.

Earlier Mazda's were known to rust really bad. Check out the link below for the top 10 least corrosion resistant models. Data for the list comes from APA complaints.
http://www.theautonet.com/en/2013/10/09/top-10-best-and-worst-rust-resistant-cars

Another APA source. This was taken from the CAA's (Canadian AAA) website "the Mazda 3 and Mazda 5 (Protegé) were notoriously rust-prone until 2009, but things improved with the introduction of second-generation models in 2010."
https://www.caaquebec.com/en/news/news/article/new-study-and-ranking-to-answer-concerns-about-rust/

>or electrical issues or alternator issues
Again not all cars. These issues were never really addressed by Mazda (my guess is because it's not a major safety issue), but you'll find a lot of forums discussing these issues. I was first told about these problems by my mechanic who is a former mazda master technician. He worked on hundreds of cars with these issues and told me the dealership had to deal with pissed off customers shoveling hundreds of dollars for unforeseen repairs.

>or PS issues
Now this one I have a source for, Mazda had a mass recall for 07-09 Mazda 3's and 5's due to power steering issues/failures. Description in link.
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/VRDB-BDRV/search-recherche/detail.aspx?lang=eng&mk=2891&md=MAZDA3&fy=2004&ty=2009&ft=&ls=0&sy=0&rn=2010274&cf=SearchResult&pg=0
>>
>>14045718
Get a mazdaspeed 6 they have awd albeit asymmetrical
>>
>>14046402
Shit, I linked my response to my original post

>>14046402
see >>14046801
>>
>Dad owns an '04 6 saloon, 2 l
I think the alternator has gone twice.

>Mam owns an '08 first gen 3 saloon, 1.6 l
Both rear shocks have been replaced.
One piston ring replaced, almost ran dry of oil (don't tell her I tried to start in fifth once).
Remote locking has stopped working, not sure if it's the car or the keys.

Other than that, no faults to recall, both cars owned from new. The road noise in the 6 is a little high for a car of its class, but the facelifted version apparently had this fixed. The three is perfectly enjoyable to drive, engine peps up a bit once you get past 4000 rev/min.
>>
>>14046801
I have a older mazda protege and the thing rusts like crazy, rear bumper is almost falling off at this point I keep it up with tape cause it's not worth fixing. Most I see driving around are rusted in the same spots pretty bad, I'd hope they would have figured this out by now.
>>
>>14046916
To be honest I don't think I've seen an older protege without rust. I can't believe mazda made that rust bucket available in NA. But I heard that the rust problem has gotten better recently.
>>
I'm buying a 2005 Mazda 6 with 146k kms in a few days. It seems like a solid car.
>>
>>14046663
>toyota
>not the most boring plastic jap cars
They take shitbox to another level
>>
>>14048230
Eyyy, i just bought an 05 6 at 133k miles a few weeks ago, now working on a tune up. Whats the price?
>>
>>14048553
3000. Comes with winter tires installed (need them here) and a set of summer tires on rims.
>>
>>14049431
Sounds a good deal, anything to fix right now?
>>
>>14045718
If you don’t live in a rusty area, they’re probably best in class. Also the first compact in the US that had a factory leather option, if you’re into that sort of thing.

I personally prefer the way the 1st-gen looks over the 2nd, both inside and out. The windows were larger, too.
>>
I don't know about the older models but I have a 2013 Mazda3 and it's real fun to throw around corners. It has a really nice autoshifter too. Thing's not very fast, but it gets 40mpg while being fun.
>>
>>14050074
The idle is a bit strange (it dips every once in a while), but other than that, the car is clean.
>>
How is the 1st gen Mazda 6 with the 2.3L to work on?
>>
Drove a 2015 Mazda 3 hatch with the 6 spd. Fucking awesome car.
>>
>>14045718
/o/ shills the fuck outta mazda
>>
>>14051639
Easy
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.