[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do i have what it takes to get into automotive engineering?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: Untitled.jpg (66KB, 780x530px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
66KB, 780x530px
do i have what it takes to get into automotive engineering?
>>
probably just being able to post on deviantart now.
>>
>>14034617

your design is being stolen by top name auto manufacturers as we speak.
>>
>>14034628
kek
>>
>>14034617
As an engineer who has studyed his ass off for the last fucking 4 years of his life to get this degree. go fuck yourself. I don't care if i am overreacting to a comment on the internet
we engineers put ourselfs through more torture in a single year then a med student in 8, and with smile on our face
>>
File: Untitled.png (18KB, 780x530px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18KB, 780x530px
>>
>>14034636
>than a med student in 8
>>
File: Untitled.png (16KB, 780x647px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16KB, 780x647px
>>14034636
my deepest apologizes. please take my ultimate concept as a token of my gratitude.

it is a car powered by a portal which connects to another planet where the surface is scattered by interconnected cylinders of immeasurable quantity and displacement. i'm still working out how to make it turn though.
>>
>>14034636
Dude, fuck off.

It's just school.
>>
>>14034636
Comments like these make me terrified for my next year as an engineering student.
>>
>>14034636
Evidently you skipped the core English classes.
>>
>>14034636
>#triggered.
I'm an engineer in engine performance and development for an international oem. Shit ain't hard.
>>
File: 1446866009546.jpg (255KB, 1200x853px) Image search: [Google]
1446866009546.jpg
255KB, 1200x853px
>>14034617
even though your drawing is poor I can get the feel of what you are trying to convey
keep at it op
>>
>>14034993
Don't worry, even though it's a lot of work, most of it seems like there's a point to it and most should be fun. I enjoyed my time at university a lot, almost sad that I graduated this spring.
>>
File: fags crossover.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fags crossover.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
WAT thread?
>>
>>14034636
As a mechanical engineering student, I agree, its hard, but you are just blowing this out of proportion. Engineering is not the hardest program in the world, but so many engineering students love to bitch and whine about how hard it is, and that pisses me off. If you don't like a challenge, shut up and switch into something easy.
>>
>>14034636
I've done a year of engineering and am doing a year of med school now... and then I'm maybe switching back to engineering, because I don't know what the fuck I want to do.

How can you compare the two if you haven't done both, though? I mean... There's a lot of stuff to learn in med school. And the single year of engineering that I did was not harder than med school. We have three weeks to memorise a large part of the human metabolism. We need to know dozens of different metabolic pathways, all the steps with all the enzymes and coenzymes and substrates and products, and how the different pathways interact and stuff.

I get that engineering is a lot more prestigious, but I think people studying medicine need to work pretty hard, as well.
>>
>>14034636
What is it about engineers and acting like self entitled arse holes?
You are all the same kind of people, limp wristed sweater vest wearing poofters who think you are better than me because you went and got yourslef a few hundred thousand dollars in debt to get yourself a job that earns a mere $3 an hour more than i earn only when i fuck up it is somehow your fault because you are the super, good on ya fuckwit, hope your schooling is worth it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (26KB, 1405x722px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
26KB, 1405x722px
>>14034783
>>14034993
>>14035004
>>14035006
>>14035339
>>14035992
>>14036061
>>14036073
let us not be mad, but be glad. for that i have decided to design this concept car, the gladmobile. its soft curves help encourage positive thoughts.
>>
Automotive and Mechanical engineering are dying. Supply is waaay too high for the demand right now. Literally they are just guys who draw stuff up in solidworks now, and as such, get paid accordingly. Which still is good pay, but getting a job is hard.

You have to be very specialized in what you do to get anywhere in that. There's probably like a small team of 20 or 30 engine designers for a given company. Compare that to how many redneck sons of machinests getting mechanical engineering there are and you see my point.
>>
File: img17.gif (11KB, 573x353px) Image search: [Google]
img17.gif
11KB, 573x353px
>>14034636
>complaining about getting a mech. eng. degree instead of losing your sanity getting a physics degree.

That's adorable.
>>
>>14034636
As a 3rd year MechE, fuck off man semesters over have beer
>>
>>14036495
>kill yourself getting a physics degree
>no jobs when you get out
masochism incarnate
>>
>>14035366
That's a happy motherfucking car.

It's I told it we're gonna to to the track or something.

It's all "Ohmigod yiss!"
>>
>>14034636
god i'm so glad i got out of the engineering profession so i don't need to associate with pretentious stem tossers like you.
>>
Op here should i try to add more vents
>>
>>14036120
Man i wonder what a wide slick porsche would be like
>>
>>14034636
>tfw machinist
>tfw most of my job is reengineering every fucking design that comes down because engineers have no idea how to engineer anything in such a way that allows it to be functional and manufacturable at the same time
It seriously can't be that hard. Every mechanical engineer I've ever met has been an idiot.
>>
File: where do you think we are boss.jpg (221KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are boss.jpg
221KB, 700x525px
>>14034636
>>
>>14041520
There's another factor you forgot, cost. Engineers would like to be able to do that but the penny pinchers stop them most of the time. Some manufacturers are worse about it than others.

Then again, they do fuck up some of the time too. Chrysler putting the battery in behind the bumper cover/fender liner and the Vega's iron heads on an aluminum block with a shitty headgasket come to mind.
>>
File: Big-Boss-Salute.jpg (36KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
Big-Boss-Salute.jpg
36KB, 720x408px
>>14041520
>tfw mech. engineer and got assigned over a cell with the shop's most experienced machinist
>tfw he's saved my ass umpteen times and been a humble bro about it to boot

Truly unsung heroes.
>>
>>14041645
>>14041550
Kept ya waitin, huh?
>>
>>14034636
>babby engineers bitching
Tippity top kek. The solution manuals are all online if you hate homework so bad. But do the homework.

School is hard but you shouldn't agonize over it. See this guy?
>>14041520
This guy is your friend. This is the guy who makes you hire-able. Get an internship where you work in close quarters with this man.

In the end, the fact that you actually know something about how manufacturing/process works is going to win you a good job, because Mamuud and his friends are all only good at math.

Also while I'm ranting, quit jacking off about being an engineer. Nobody cares on the internet because you can't prove it, and nobody in real life wants you to lord it over them.
>>
File: 1447082506494.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1447082506494.gif
81KB, 182x249px
>>14041520
No engineer I know gets free will to do whatever with designs.

In any design process, you are given specific guidelines to follow, and the two most common are: Keep the cost down to something ridiculously low, and make 100 different drafts because the guy making the guidelines is an ass who has no idea what he wants.

When I was doing welding blueprints it was easy to design something because I would usually be the one making it, but when you get into designing things to be made by others it becomes a clusterfuck of guesswork that can only be made easy with experience in building said thing yourself which in some areas of engineering is fucking unlikely to happen.

These two things make life as an engineer a fucking nightmare, and isn't helped by most of the engineers out there being douchebags making all engineers look like smug pricks.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.