[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

legitimate question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: 1425855235283.jpg (1MB, 2048x1901px) Image search: [Google]
1425855235283.jpg
1MB, 2048x1901px
Yes it lost, but if you look at the details you'll see that in the tighter corners the Corvette is pulling more g force. Why is this?
>>
muh 305 barely legal michelins tires brah!
>>
>>14027682
You have no reading comprehension at all do you?
>>
>>14027682
>found where that is in the picture
Its on a fucking straight away wtf
>>
>>14027674
Because the Corvette is the faster chassis, but it's being held back by the draggy ductail on the straights. It's a big deal on a power track like Big Willow, but on most other tracks it would have the advantage.
>>
>>14027732
>chassis

no, its the tire
>>
>>14027741
It's the faster package below 75 mph. Plus the Dunlop sportmaxx or whatever on the GT-R are also DOT certified R compounds.
>>
Corvettes have massive tires, I was looking at a ZR1 in a parking lot a few months ago, and the tire widths look almost cartoonish.
>>
>>14027674
The Corvette in this test was having trouble putting power down because it's rear caster angle was set incorrectly. But it's got a better suspension design and handles better than the GT-R in general.

>The real reason the Z06 was slower was because Chevrolet gave us a car with the rear suspension out of alignment. It was supposed to be running 0 degrees of rear caster. Instead, it was running positive 2 degrees. This made the rear dampers less effective at controlling the rear suspension and as a result made it more difficult for the Z06 to put power down. This is exactly what Randy Pobst complained about during our test.

Once the rear suspension was recalibrated, Motor Trend took the Corvette back to this course and set down a laptime that beat the GT-R, but that doesn't really count because the GT-R didn't come back to defend it's honor.

>Let’s answer the obvious question then: How does the Z06 perform when the rear end is aligned properly? Better. Much better. Recall the car previously did a good-but-not-great 1:27.10 during our comparison test. This time? 1:25.00. A massive 2.1-second difference.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-track-retest/

Later GM gave Motortrend a Z06 that had been run into a wall by Road and Track for a later test (and repaired improperly, pinching off the coolant passage to the intercooler, causing the car to pull timing any time it got into boost), so no Motortrend is all salty about GM's prep people now.

The Z06 is a very interesting design study in exactly how brutal a FR car can be made, but the press fleet handling has been a dog's breakfast, and I think that the car itself would have benefited from another 6 months of development time.

>>14027741
The GT-R's tires in tests like these are almost always the optional street slicks too.
>>
>>14027767
>>14027808

but they are not as sticky as the michelins

>>14027808
>le caster meme
>>
>>14027843
I'm not sure that I've ever seen a proper comparison. Source?
>>
>>14027848
comparison of what?
>>
File: dl_sp_maxx.jpg (56KB, 627x289px) Image search: [Google]
dl_sp_maxx.jpg
56KB, 627x289px
>>14027808
>Once the rear suspension was recalibrated, Motor Trend took the Corvette back to this course and set down a laptime that beat the GT-R
Not quite. Once GM had fiddled around for the entire day and fine tuned damper and traction control settings to that specific track, they invited motortrend back to retest the car with the new custom setup.

>>14027848
here, this is one between the gtr and z28. exact tires from each model in that motortrend test ages back. pretty sure the z06 uses the same tires as the z28 but in a different size
>>
>m-muh c7 z06 top speed is lower because of downforce
>nissan makes more downforce than a normal GTR with the same drag coefficient
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-nissan-gt-r-gt-r-nismo-first-drive-review

keking @ GM right now
>>
>>14027820
>13. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 7:19.63
I know you're a master baiter, because I fall for it on a regular basis, but the Corvette Z06 lap time you parrot is the previous generation naturally aspirated car.

GM's development time on the 'ring for the C7 Z06 was rained out pretty severely, and they never ran a full lap in anger. They made an attempt on the last day of testing, but crashed after Flugplatz (admittedly in the dry).

The C7 Z06 doesn't have a ring lap time.
>>
File: gtrakingu.png (96KB, 851x1098px) Image search: [Google]
gtrakingu.png
96KB, 851x1098px
>>14027882
maybe it has something to do with the /three/ super long over drive gears. corvette got cuked by muh mpgs
>>
>>14027881
also, the GTR tires are run flats
>>
>>14027881
the Z28 uses PZero Corsas. the Z06 uses Michelin SuperSports.

They aren't the same.
>>
>>14027899
either way they are pushing the limits of whats safe on the streets.
>>
>>14027881
That's a picture. I'm looking for a lap time or at least skid pad comparison with the same size, car, and tire.
>>
>>14027908
>doesnt understand how tire works

do you also need a comparison between some advans and walmart winter tires?
>>
>>14027848
Both tires are 160 treadwear. They would be considered equivalent by the SCCA, though the Corvette does wear wider tires in the rear, by 20 mm.
>>14027897
Not on the NISMO
>>
>>14027903
I drive Maxxis RC-1s on the street. It's really not bad. Move to somewhere that isn't a shithole where cocaine falls from the sky for half the year.
>>
>>14027916
according to car and driver yes they are
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2015-nissan-gt-r-nismo-photos-and-info-news
>>
File: IMG_4205_zps7kfwxcxf.jpg (115KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4205_zps7kfwxcxf.jpg
115KB, 640x480px
>>14027912
Are you implying that you can identify the rubber compounds in those tires just by looking at them? This tire here is faster than Hoosier road racing slicks were just a handful of years ago.
>>
>>14027908
Tire and wheel packages have to be matched to several factors in an ideal world. How much you gain from stickier tires will vary based on how well your chassis can deal with the grip and how well it can keep the tire contact patch uniform. Also both tires are developed in concert with the manufacturer, and are not available in each other's sizes. Note that the Michelin on the Corvette has a corvette specific tread compound, even, the Super Sports on the Corvette, 458, 650s, and Porsche 911 all have different compounds and should not be considered equivalent.

TL;DR can't.
>>
>>14027935
by handful i am going to pretend you mean 20 or more, so yes, you can tell a modern tires has more grip than a 25 year old slikc

moreover the GTR tires are runflats that alone should give you an idea that are not as track oriented as the corvette ones
>>
>>14027938
So why whine about the tires if you're stuck with what they came with? It's like saying the GT-R is faster, but only because it has a better drivetrain.
>>
>>14027943
that they aren't*
>>
>>14027903
Chevrolet makes them optional and offers packages with additional OEM wheels fitted with less aggressive rubber for inclement weather driving for a reason.

If he has supersports on, they specifically say not for use when the temps are lower than 50 F, and judging by the coats, that guy was not following those instructions.
>>
>>14027943
I mean like 6 or 8. And in their prime, not after sitting around for half a decade.
>>
>>14027944
Don't ask me, the tire crybabies are the ones salty that the GT-R doesn't surpass a RWD car (that costs 1/3rd less) in every single metric.

You might recognize them by their persistent declarations of otherpeople's butthurt.
>>
Bottom line , so you stop enabling these shit threads, the gtr is AWD, significant advantage from a dig and on corners AND its automatic. The vette was RWD and STICK. Two legit disadvanatages although most people will argue that it is the funner of the two.
It's your choice to decide which one is your favorite but stop with these fuckin bench racing threads on two different animals that are great in their own respect
>>
>>14027966
>being this delusional

top kek
>>
>>14027956
>The 2014 Nissan GT-R doesn't lose this one because it's not $47,020 better than the Corvette. It loses because it's not better than the Corvette, period.

>With a best lap of 1:25.2 and a top track speed of 110.7 mph, the GT-R is off the Corvette's pace. Blame the desert heat on this summer day all you want, but when push comes to shove, the GT-R gets hot, dials back power and can't keep up with the less powerful, less costly Corvette.

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/corvette-stingray/2014/comparison-test1.html
>>
>>14027977
You got me, I sure am butthurt that a $150,000 AWD sportscar is slightly faster than a $90,000 RWD sportscar.
>>
>>14027976
>RWD
>Disadvantage
You'll notice that RWD dominates the top levels of motorsports. Even at LeMans, the cars are RWD, just with the KERS systems attached to the front wheels for the straights. The 918 is set up the same way. AWD is a distinct disadvantage for turning.
>>
File: streets.jpg (176KB, 1021x882px) Image search: [Google]
streets.jpg
176KB, 1021x882px
>>14027980
>edmunds

they shill for GM even worse than motor trend

>>14027994
>LMP1s are RWD plus FWD
>but they aren't AWD
so delusional

one of these drivetrains have been banned from multiple motorsports, including LMP1 at under 70 km/h for being too good
>brotip its not RWD
>>
>>14027992
The base price for a Z06 Z07 is indeed $89,985.

Were you trying to prove that Motortrend's tester had interior options or something?

Congratulations, you succeeded!

The Non-Z07 Z06 starts at $78,995.
>>
File: kek.jpg (81KB, 1140x475px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
81KB, 1140x475px
oh shit, he started grasping at the "muh price" straw again
>>
>>14027994
>You'll notice that RWD dominates the top levels of motorsports.
This is mostly due to how the rules structures work.

Saying that "just" the ERS systems drive the fronts in most prototype racers now-days is completely disingenuous, the ERS systems represent almost half the peak power of every competitive car, and are used in every single energy state where the tires are capable of being over-powered by the main engine.
>>
>>14028000
>The base price for a Z06 Z07 is indeed $89,985.
plus an oil cooler
>>
>>14028018
Nah, it's got that, what it needs is a heat shield for the oil cooler.

You know, so it cools the oil instead of heating it.
>>
>>14027674
OP pls delete thread
>>
tfw corvette shit posting has gone through the roof lately and ive had nothing to do with it
>>
Reposting

>Benchracers had Z06 vs. GTR threads constantly
>They got bored of it
>Unbelievably butthurt shitposter went full retard and refuses to let it go so now he spams the board constantly with it
>So asspained he keeps changing IPs to evade bans just to benchrace even harder
>He thinks we're mad
>Nobody's mad
>>
>>14027999
>one of these drivetrains have been banned from multiple motorsports, including LMP1
Citation, please? I don't really feel like digging through rule books.

>>14028009
Audi R18 sends a maximum of 200 HP to the front wheels and 500 and change to the rear. Other competitive LMPs have similar splits.
>>
File: uzxeUS5.jpg (110KB, 970x880px) Image search: [Google]
uzxeUS5.jpg
110KB, 970x880px
>>14028045
>>He thinks we're mad
>>Nobody's mad
ha
let me tell you something, there is this one guy who actually is mad about this, like he probably is some high functioning autist, he usually gets so mad he starts discussing racecars and shit

i think its the same cunt who cant deal with OHC being better, or that also gets mad when you point out rotary rx7s are faster

I assume its either Phosgene without a trip or some cvck from california with a lexus that tripped but dropped it after being BTFO in every thread he posted
>>
File: 94VOVGW.jpg (182KB, 1024x715px) Image search: [Google]
94VOVGW.jpg
182KB, 1024x715px
>>14028050
http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/kers_audi_e_tron.html
> it was decided that front motors could only be used at speeds of over 120 km/h. This removes most of the all-wheel drive benefits provided by the driven front wheels.

FIA is sooo butthurt about AWD its hilarious
>>
>>14028052
>some cvck from california with a lexus that tripped but dropped it after being BTFO in every thread he posted
that 'dirty' faggot? pretty sure he was a janitor or something bud
>>
>>14028052
He's a shitposter just like you. He may be you on your phone, fonzie.
>>
>>14028063
I dont have a phone buddy, i literally use an old black and white nokia
>>
>>14028057
Great, so now that we've established that there's no rule against attaching the engine to the front wheels, I'll just point out at the biggest benefit of AWD is accelerating after low-speed corners. While in the actual turn, the front wheels are using most of not all their available traction for turning.
>>
>>14028070
>there's no rule against attaching the engine to the front wheels,
how does that change anything?

hybrid AWD is still AWD

on demand AWD is nothing new, both Nissan with the current GTR and the old attesa skyline GTRs had it, and I think mitsubishi also had RWD based part-time AWD

you are not accelerating at the middle of a turn so your point is literally irrelevant
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.