[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First track day tomorrow, any tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: send 6445.jpg (539KB, 1224x816px) Image search: [Google]
send 6445.jpg
539KB, 1224x816px
First track day tomorrow, any tips?
>>
get a tire guage
use it, i know what works in my car
>>
be a fucking moron and don't let anyone pass you so that you can get good lap times compared to the people you are blocking
>>
Yeah take it slow for 3-4 laps and let loose, cool off study the track again, go hard for a little bit, you'll start noticing the the cars weaknesses.

Usually it's tires or cooling system. You should bring a fire extinguisher if drive a vette, a temp gun, small air compressor to adjust tire psi, some small tools, absolutely bring a torque wrench for your nuts.

You'll probably notice by a few laps your shifting could use some work, slow down if you have to learn what your shifter likes when your practically power shifting
>>
get new brake pads
>>
>>14026172

new pads bedded with ate fluid flushed today
>>
Pay attention to all flags and to all around you. Let people pass if they are faster, signal which side you will move to and hopefully they'll understand and go around the other side. Don't forget you are there to have fun as well, just take it easy for a few laps and learn then head out and have fun.
>>
>>14026134
Do not crash.
>>
>>14026172
To add you will smoke your pads, after the track take some light grit sandpaper and rub down your brake pads, they'll be glazed after the track day, you want the layer underneath to be exposed. Also if you take dot 4 you want dot 4
>>
>>14026134
>track day
>no roll cage
what
>>
>>14026265
Don't listen to this faggot
>>
>>14026265

Got a roll bar
>>
>>14026192
Excellent
>>14026253
Cause I was going to share a story similar to this.

Besides that it goes like this. Park car on grid. Have a briefing. Have fun.
>>
>>14026270
Some organizations don't allow verts without cages
>>
>>14026277
Do not use your parking brake after some hot laps, the brake pad can imprint your rotor or if you have slotted rotors the brake pads can expand into the slots seizing the rotor in place.

If your track is well designed the staging area will have small dips that will stop the car from rolling
>>
>>14026285
why would you ever own a vert without a cage
>>
>>14026315

you realize that a cage is not the same roll bar, right? a cage that fits any major sanctioning bodyis basically a no go in any street car unless you where a helmet at all times.
>>
>>14026445
When I say roll cage I mean roll cage

What's wrong with putting a roll cage in a DD?
I want to make my vert tighter and handle better
>>
>>14026452

>What's wrong with putting a roll cage in a DD?

That's how I know you are trolling.
>>
>>14026458
I'm not
>>
>>14026480

Sounds like you've never climbed into and out of race car with proper safety equipment. It's in no way practical or safe for a DD unless you wear all of the equipment. An FIA legal cage in almost any car even with padding is super dangerous on the street without a helmet, HANs, and 6 or 7 point belt.
>>
>>14026512
what's HANS
and what if I get the belt
is it really that dangerous?
what makes getting in and out hard
>>
is better to go full throttle

trust me comrade
>>
File: FIA Cage.jpg (16KB, 245x188px) Image search: [Google]
FIA Cage.jpg
16KB, 245x188px
>>14026513

It's not a cage without door bars and these are about as unobtrusive as legal door bars get. Combine that with a fixed mounted, fixed back seat (only thing that's safe in a full cage) and you'll have to shimmy into most cars unless they have truck sized doors. HANS is head and neck support device. If your car is serious enough to need a proper cage then you need to be wearing a HANS when you operate it at any substantial speed.
>>
>>14026542

damn
i just wanted to make my DD vert a bit better to drive and also more competitive at the track
>>
>>14026602

Quit wasting time and money on your DD. Get a proper track car or convert your DD into a track car and get another DD. If you are just doing track days you are taking it too serious if you need a full cage in anything convertible or otherwise.
>>
>>14026617

i want my DD to be my sports car though
i have too much love for it
im the shitbox takumi master
>>
>>14026620

If you can drive your track car on the street then it's so full of compromises I feel bad for you. You are getting the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>14026625
man im not wall street i really hate the idea of owning more than one car
one car one baby
>>
>>14026629

sucks to be you i guess. owned 4 cars before i could even legally drive.
>>
>>14026673
gross
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.