[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BRC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: [email protected] (67KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
01138425@suzuki-sv650s-action.jpg
67KB, 800x535px
Attending the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic Riders Course tomorrow, any tips for learning how to ride a motorcycle?
>>
File: oom.jpg (27KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
oom.jpg
27KB, 600x337px
is this stanced
how bad is it
is it still worth buying
>>
>>14025782
the key to a good rider is to get yourself the best learners bike that you can buy. Usually a beginner should look for something like a suzuki hayabusa, preferably turbocharged so you can grow into it.
>>
File: 00I0I_4cEDOQoNNbq_600x450.jpg (54KB, 514x450px) Image search: [Google]
00I0I_4cEDOQoNNbq_600x450.jpg
54KB, 514x450px
easiest way to learn to ride is to bounce the rev limiter and dump the clutch in first.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-22-18-03-14.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-22-18-03-14.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>14025782
I took it at local dealership about a month ago and I went I with 0 experience and I learned quite a bit. Pic related bikes we learned on in class.
>>
>>14025798
They provide bikes for people who are attending the class, hope they have one big enough because I'm 6'6"

>>14025825
Nice
>>
>>14025782
>any tips
yeah, don't fall off
>>
>>14025835
Was well worth it and they provide the bike and helmets.
>>
>>14025798
>its probably safer to start on a newer turbo'd busa than your 30 year old ratty shitbike that starts shedding pieces and parts when you go over 15mph
>>
>>14025782
youtube videos on how bikes work. if you have a general idea, you dont need anymore tips or info. you'll do fine, literally even the retarded can learn to ride bikes, its simple and only takes a bit of practice to ride safely.
>>
>>14025782
Don't die
>>
>>14025782
Took it last month - it was a good class. The critical things are figuring out the clutch quickly and never dropping the bike. Other than that, you have a very limited time to get really good at the tests, but don't stress out. The only way they'll fail you is if you're a danger to others or never master basic control.

If you're a true beginner, get on the smallest bike they provide.
>>
>>14026093
Dropping the bike was my biggest fear but found out it is easy to keep it up right. I was glad my class only had 3 of us counting myself
>>
>>14026093
Sounds good, I don't think the smallest bike would be a good idea though, I'd be kinda like a circus bear.
>>
>>14026111
Yeah our bikes were 500ccs and they were fine they had limiters in each gear etc. I have a 600cc bike now and its not bad at all. Both bikes are around 500lbs I believe and I am 5'10 150lbs
>>
File: too_small.jpg (17KB, 235x164px) Image search: [Google]
too_small.jpg
17KB, 235x164px
>>14026111
I don't mean this.

I used a 250cc Enduro, partly because my bike is a dual sport. It had some advantages, especially doing the box test. The smallest street bikes were old 250cc Nighthawks. Even at your size, they'll make things easy to handle. Of course, if you're a big guy that has some experience, you'll be more comfortable with the larger bikes and their greater weight.
>>
>>14026141
>for you
>>
I had to do mine twice.

I'd been riding a 50cc scoot for years before taking the class so I had the basics down. No trouble at all right up until the test.

It'd been raining all day but it started to really come down when it was test time. I locked the front wheel during the Panic Stop portion of the test and dropped the bike.

When I came back to retest (also in the rain, of course, because Seattle) I overshot the stop line and took the few-point penalty on the panic-stop test, just to play it safe. No problems and no fucks given.
>>
>>14025782
Use the rear brake instead of the front brake if necessary during the figure 8 box, stay on the throttle through turns, the clutch is your friend, and don't drop the bike during the actual test. Took mines on a DR200 and managed even though I stalled here and there. Have fun.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.