[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These things are fucking everywhere.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

These things are fucking everywhere.
>>
File: Pennyfarthing-1886.jpg (93KB, 800x509px) Image search: [Google]
Pennyfarthing-1886.jpg
93KB, 800x509px
cars?

yeah they are everywhere these days

why can't we all just cycle everywhere like supreme gentlemen
>>
Those are dirt cheap that's why.
I know a guy who works on the GM assembly line, and he told me to avoid the spark and the sonic.

Well he said to avoid any GM car under 30K
>>
>>14026050
Brah has one. Everything is dirt cheap to fix anyways so you win some you lose some.
>>
>>14026050
Why though? The spark and the sonic are solid little cars.
>>
>>14025424
Surely riding those things would be harder than walking.
>>
>>14026059
Well the Sonic is.
The only Sparks worth looking at are either the EV variant or the 2016+ models.

>>14026063
and it must be ass-clenchingly terrifying when they have to turn.
>>
File: gottagofast.jpg (62KB, 628x417px) Image search: [Google]
gottagofast.jpg
62KB, 628x417px
>GM will never release an updated RS with 1.8L Turbo

Feels bad, it's the best looking hatch on the market right now. I kind of hate that it's impotent.
>>
File: 2016-Buick-Cascada-3.jpg (92KB, 1280x774px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Buick-Cascada-3.jpg
92KB, 1280x774px
>>14026136
on the upside, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The Sonic's European sister car, the Opel Corsa, uses a 200 HP 1.6L Turbo (related to the 1.8). That 1.6L just recently got US certification for use in the Buick Cascada. Sonic SS possibly on the horizon to rape the Fiesta ST.
>>
>>14026176
>Corsa
>Good

Just fuck off. Right now. Corsa's are shite.
>>
File: Opel-Corsa-OPC-1.jpg (412KB, 1600x920px) Image search: [Google]
Opel-Corsa-OPC-1.jpg
412KB, 1600x920px
>>14026183
fight the Corsa OPC. I never said it was good, just that the performance model's engine just recently got US certification, so a US performance version of the Sonic is a very real possibility.
>>
Wonder if anyone out there has done an aftermarket hood that deletes the weird A-pillar eyebrows from the hood. It's a damn good design, but that's the only thing I really can't stand about it. I kind of hate that GM lauded this car as some infinitely customizable youth-mobile at SEMA and other Auto Shows, and have done fuck all in terms of performance and appearance packages. It's a shame because I doubt GM won't give a fuck about the Sonic until it gets a redesign in like 2018, and I can't imagine an improvement on the current aesthetic, especially with Chevrolet's current design language.
>>
>>14026196
that thing is ugggggggggly
>>
>>14026176
By the time they do that the fiesta rs will be out
>>
File: 7Q5Rj.jpg (448KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
7Q5Rj.jpg
448KB, 2592x1944px
>>14026256
There are aftermarket carbon fiber hoods

>>14026274
subjective. The important bit is the 200 HP 1.6L Turbo and the nurburgring tuned suspension.
>>
>>14026183
The new one is apparently quite a lot better than the old ones, though that's hardly saying much.

>>14026196
>>14026294
Corsa VXR still sits very much in the Fiesta St's shadow here in the UK. Fiesta's miles better to drive, according to the press at least, about 2 grand cheaper, and for £600 you can get the Ford-approved Mountune Pack, which takes it over 200bhp.

Kind of a shame for Vauxhall really - the Corsa VXR was an also-ran against the various Clio Renaultsports before this, and just as Renault drops the ball Ford absolutely nails it. The buggers just haven't got a look-in.
>>
>>14026136
I was looking at the brochure while having a complimentary oil change and was sad that they didn't update the engine on the rs yet. The only performance upgrade is the springs and the final drive. The engines all put out the same hp.
>>
>>14025381

I have seen maybe 2 of these actually driving on the road, ever.
>>
>>14026619
They are all over America. My sister has the sedan in auto and it drives nice, the rs manual has the worst pedal box ever and the seat sits so high and is non Adjustable.
>>
>>14026063
>>14026115
I own one, they're fucking awesome
>>
>>14026631
>the rs manual has the worst pedal box ever

What, just like poor throttle response, or is there something physically bad about the pedals?
>>
>>14026658
I think he means the positioning of the pedals
>>
>>14026115
i own a gas 2013 spark. for city commuting and 2 healthy people, is practical and cheap.
still trying to hack the infotainment to support android auto.
>>
>>14026698
Yeah. They jammed the gas pedal all the way to the right on top of the center console hump. You have to sit sideways and there isn't even anything on the inside of the firewall in the way.
>>
It seems cool, but I never even considered one before buying the Fiesta ST. No regrets either...
>>
I love the Spark LS.

It was dirt cheap.

Parts for it are dirt cheap.

Driving it and maintaining it is dirt cheap.

Fuel economy through the fucking roof.
>>
File: 2015 Chevrolet.png (1MB, 782x1055px) Image search: [Google]
2015 Chevrolet.png
1MB, 782x1055px
>>14026059
Literally Chevy's least reliable products.

They are decently fun to toss around, though. At least GM finally figured out that small cars should be nimble.
>>
>>14026618
Not just the final drive, the actual gearbox ratios are closer than the ones found in the wide-ratio LT/LTZ 6-speed (which I think you can't get any more?). But you have to read pretty far down the spec sheet to figure that out.
>>
File: image.jpg (197KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 1080x1080px
>>14025424
Cycling ftw
>>
>>14029427
You're from Florida right, you friends with Matt Coplon?
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 960x540px
>>14029439
Nah. Plus I'n from Chicago. I know lots of the BMX dudes up there. I've only been in FL for like 2 years and haven't ridden since I moved here.
>>
>>14029484
That's too bad, I don't ride much anymore either but have been riding MTBs to make up for it. Florida has a cool scene, I went on a short trip with all the Profile team years ago and then a few days of Road Fools 18 with Madera, everyone was super fun to ride with. The Banned guys seem like fun too.
>>
File: image.jpg (321KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321KB, 2000x1333px
>>14029520
>Madera
Was Mike Hinkens there? He's a Milwaukee dude I met a few times who rides for them.

I had his cell phone number back in the day. He had a page in Ride BMX advertising Madera cranks or something. We would call him up and be like "Hey, I saw this ad in Ride BMX and it has this phone number and says to call Mike Hinkens and ask if these new cranks are any good."

What about Kevin Porter? He was on Profile forever. He's a cool dude, besides all the vegan hipster stuff.
>>
>>14025381
Just asking, what's the relationship between Spark and the Opel Agila/Suzuki Splash? Share a platform?
>>
>>14029566
Yep Hinkens was there, I don't know if you have seen RF18 but Dave Thompson feebles an aluminum 10 flat 10 kinked rail, about an hour earlier we rolled up to that rail and Hinkens was looking at it but thought it wouldn't slide, I had double pegged it before so I went to do it again not even on camera to show him it worked. I pedaled pretty fast at it since it's aluminum and had steel pegs (plastic wasn't really a thing then), landed in a feeble, made it to the kink going super fast, blew off and landed all the way at the bottom with my feet off, was so shaken up I didn't get anything done the rest of the day unfortunately. I did meet KP a long time ago but everyone in NorCal doesn't like him, he got on Solid then quit after a month or two when they had already given him his own frame model and joined Fly.
>>
>>14029599
I know the Opel Karl/Vauxhall Viva are basically the same as the new Spark. Not sure about the last gen vehicles, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 960x646px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 960x646px
>>14029627
That's weird that they don't like KP. Maybe he's too straight edge or something. He doesn't really smoke mad blunts like lots of the other riders. But he's an OG. Him and Brian Kachinsky. No clue how those two are still going. They are getting old.

Although KP doesn't ride a ton anymore. At least when he does, he doesn't go huge. Lots of tech stuff. He is more focused on his hipster coffee importing now. There's a whole new generation of guys now. In the Chicago scene it's Timmy Theus and those street guys. And then all those BSD dudes like Malouf and Reed Stark. And Wescott on Mutiny. I knew those dudes better because Tony was right from my area. Smoked lots of blunts at his parents house back in the day. And him and Miles Rogoish used to be good friends too so Miles was around a lot. That dude is crazy. Then they broke up their bromance.
>>
Had a 2012 Sonic LTZ. Awesome little car. Great gas mileage and fun to drive. The 1.4l turbo and 6 speed manual were awesome.
>>
>>14026136
>best looking hatch

I'm glad someone else feels that way. Was in the market recently, and 3 of my top were the GTI, ford ST, and sonic. I really liked how the sonic looked on the outside, but the inside looked cheap and I was worried about reliability.
>>
>>14029697
>>14029627
remember when al the older guys stopped riding because they got cars and shit and you always told yourself you'd never go down that path?

anywho britfag here. the only pro i know properly would be jordan godwin
>>
>>14031192
I stopped riding because I started hanging out with different people in high school. Then started riding again when I was 18 or 19 when I met back up with all the dudes who rode. Then I stopped because I'm getting to old to keep breaking bones as a hobby.
>>
I test drove a Sonic. And I liked it. I love how they look. But I bought a Fiesta SE because it was cheaper.
>>
>>14029414
You can still get the 5spd po n the first two 6 speed option for the second trim(lt) auto ltz or 6spd rs. And I thought it read that it helped each gear because of the rs final drive. Whatever the seat sat too high and the pedals sucked, otherwise I would have bought one.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.