[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starquest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: starion.jpg (99KB, 672x448px) Image search: [Google]
starion.jpg
99KB, 672x448px
tell me everything you know about this hoopty. are they fun to drive? how hard is the 4G63 swap? will it get me laid?
>>
4g69 block with 4g69 head. Only way to do it if your going to build it.
>>
>>14024600
4g63 head***
>>
>>14024600
do you have any links handy where someone has documented a build like that? im looking but i keep finding people who just ask if its possible.
>>
>>14024582
I have one.
4G6X swap is pointless because its just as expansive as any other better swaps.
1/2JZ, 305, LS, etc

The stock engine is not really reliable.
Aftermarket is very thin. Currently no one makes coil overs anymore. D2 did, but they are all gone for, maybe half a dozen sets left.
Community is mostly suborn rednecks

Otherwise they can be had for cheap. Except rare parts, like JDM tail lights and 83 hoods, all other parts are really cheap.
I did an engine rebuild for $500, $350 of which was labor.

Currently doing a 1JZ swap. My budget is $4,000 and I am staying well within that.

Same amount to do an LS swap really. Or anything else.
The JZ, and LS are the popular ones. Folks already have engine and trans mounts made, will sell you a pair, or give you specs so you can make them yourself.

Car drives well, slides easily, looks amazing. stock engine with a straight pipe sounds like a tractor on a cocaine binge. fucking epic.

What else you wanna know?
>>
>>14024899
OP here
is this good
https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5318937370.html

first car just turned 24
>>
>>14024915
No.

Hacked up header panel
No airdam
No bumper
These are hard to find parts, $100 each at best.

hacked to shit interior
engine looks like its been went over. is that a carb? I heard it can be done, but why?

$1,200 MAX, $800-1,000 as is.
shit is not even street legal without a bumper support, which is another $100. they are very prone to collecting water and rusting apart.
prob cant even fit with that stupid IC.

perfect if you just wanna drift it, nothing of value is on that car that I would be concerned with.

unless that guy has a box with everything he removed,. I would not bother trying to restore it.

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5338081964.html
here you go nigga
1JZ VVTI.
Needs about $800 for IC/plumbing
not sure if he has a trans,but a W58 is around $300
$400 for a custom drive shaft.

Talk him down to around $2k, have another $2k saved up and you will have a BEAST
>>
>>14024953
fuck that dude thats expensive
>>
>>14024961
The 1JZ alone is $1,500

What are you expecting to spend on your 4G6x swap?
>>
>>14024974
what fucking swap
i just want a god damn tuner car for cheap
>>
>>14024981
>how hard is the 4G63 swap?

You said it in your first post.
want a running one
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5338321766.html
You can probably knock it down to $3k.
That hood alone is worth 500-800.
no airdam tho.
mistu script valve cover is $150, hard to find.

if all the work/parts check out, that's a damn good price.
>>
>>14025004
too much fuck that
>>
>>14025004
didnt see the part about it being hit, and needing a "tune"

you cant tune these cars. they either run, or not.
get more details on that, what's wrong with it, more pictures, better description of the damage
>>
>>14024899
>The stock engine is not really reliable.
Yes, it is.
>>
>>14025011
alright shithead. I dont know what you actually want to spend on a fucking car, but you are looking at least $2k, and another $500 for fixing broken shit.

You want a pristine one?
here
http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149694

seen it in person. fucking perfect.
>>
>>14025031

thats the joke
>>
>>14025016
If by reliable you mean I can drive with rod knock for half a year, yes.
Otherwise no
2 bolts hold the valve cover down, always leaking
do a skid without welding in baffles in your oil pan = spun rod
transmission cant hold above 250ish HP
turbo charging an engine never designed for a turbo
MAS has no idea what to do when in boost
2 fuel injectors
jet valve head prone to cracking
exhaust manifold prone to cracking
etc
>>
actual OP here. im going to look at one tomorrow/next day. what should i look out for? link is here.

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/5331425544.html

i have a dd and this won't be my "first car" situation. i wrench in my spare time but my uncle is a fully fledged mechanic who's willing to help me a ton if needed.
>>
File: digicam137.jpg (149KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
digicam137.jpg
149KB, 800x600px
also just want to say, these cars have the perfect body styling. one of the best looking car from the 80s for sure.
>>
>>14024981
>i just want a god damn tuner car for cheap
get a damn Civic then, you're obviously not in it for the Starion itself. Civics are cheap, fucking everywhere, and a million and a half parts for them.

>>14025011
>too much fuck that

What exactly do you expect to spent on a car again?
>>
>>14026914
starions are for ASSHOLES
>>
>>14024899
>4G6X swap is pointless because its just as expansive as any other better swaps.
Price wise I don't think so
>>
My conquest was the best autocross car I ever owned bar none.
>>
>>14024582
>literally googles "starion" and takes the first pic.
>>
File: P1000530.jpg (224KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
P1000530.jpg
224KB, 1280x960px
my old 4g63 headed starion from years back :(
>>
>>14030960
and?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.