[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Want to import a classic japanese car to go with my classic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: screen1[1].jpg (103KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
screen1[1].jpg
103KB, 640x480px
>Want to import a classic japanese car to go with my classic euro and american car
>It's 24 years old in 2014
>look back at prices in 2015, which it's now 25 years old
>Price is 2-3x as much

T-thanks m-mercedes
>>
>defend asshole business moves when it's an American company because MUH FREE MARKET MUH GROWTH MUH WEALTH
>blame asshole business moves when it's a foreign company because MUH LOBBYING MUH CORPORATE POLITICS
>when the actual assholes are the hundreds of federal legislators that allowed it
Don't blame companies for laws, blame governments.
>>
>>14021931
Wtf do you want?
Muh GTR?
>classic
As classic as a jew in israel

Seriously hope you're talking about some Kei car like a Alto, Cappaccino, AZ-1, or Beat, other wise you done diddly goofed.

God forbid you want a real classic like a hakosuka or GASP Toyota 2k, in which case return to the greentext and the bit beneath it
>>
>>14021947

I'm actually looking at an R30.
I'm really really wondering if buying a 4 door is going to make me happy. I'm almost to the point of taking either that or a R31.

I am however interested in bringing an AZ-1 over. Or a Eunos.
But since the R32 has gotten so much light, all skylines have gained in price. Except for 4 door R30s.
Which still have turbos.
>>
>Look at Japanese car auctions
>They have some american and european cars in their auctions
>They're better kept than anything I can find here
>>
File: 70006200173015061900100[1].jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
70006200173015061900100[1].jpg
52KB, 640x480px
Would you for $15k total?
>>
>>14022020
>buying from a dealer

Come on now.
>>
>>14021960
DR30 or HR30?

DR30s have been going up in value steadily but HR30s are still cheap and more plentiful

The recent spotlight on R32s have nothng to do with DR30 values, they were going up in price years ago. They're popular on their own merits
>>
>>14021960
>R30
Almost added that to my list, but realized that actually might be a true classic, ditto with Eunos.

Get the Eunos cosmo/whatever way more exotic than any GTR.

God damn Mazda has always been on point with there cars, but never gotten the attention they deserved
>>
If I get Japan as my next duty station i'm bringing home a Toyota Sera.
>>
>>14022034

I want the FJ20ET 2 or 4 door. Iron mask or not. I don't mind.

>>14022028
Most days the auctions don't have anything good. I use the auction really though just to find what I want.

>>14022036
If I get the eunos cosmo I'll be able to park at the Ford plant I work at, without issue. But that's probably the only plus.
I really really fucking want one. They're so beautiful. And kind of remind me of my past Lincoln Mark 8 with the interior.
Problem is they're auto only, and I'm so tired of Auto.
Mazda is on point though. My first car being an FB was amazing. The guy I sold it to still has it and takes care of it.
>>
>>14022056
How much are you looking to spend?
Early sedans are like $7k now, later RS-X etc $8-10k
Look around hard and you can still get a sub $5k car. that isn't that rusted to shit.

FJ shit is expensive.
>>
>>14022077

Sadly I know. I don't know what I'm looking to spend though, but basically anything under 10k would be exceptional.
If I get a 4 door I might be okay with it, since I hear 4 doors have a stronger chassis. But if I even get one, it's going to be a sunday/saturday meet driver.
>>
>>14022083
>stronger chassis
My sedan feels the same as any hardtop i've driven.
$10k for just the car? You'll be fine, and now you're more like to get something has an SR20 ecu on it
>>
File: 1331682136368SKULL.png (84KB, 197x229px) Image search: [Google]
1331682136368SKULL.png
84KB, 197x229px
>>14022056
Well the auto makes sense, would you really want a manual so you can rag out the engine? It is a luxury car after all.
I'd love a late model cosmo, and trans can be swapped out later if it fails.

>Type R
god damn it coconut, stop being so based and honest you'll piss off the casuals.

>Also (i dunno where you're living at atm but...) post more cars being eaten by the jungle of coconutland, maybe make a thread about old abandoned cars and you might actually get a thread going.
P.S. my replies cost two coconuts per response.

>Also have you found a F-body or SN stang? Do you still want one? And if answer = yes, does it have an engine.

I await your response. Have to update my oldfag triplist
>>
>>14022127
>F-body
83 ish Iroc Z
81 Trans Am
Yes they have engines.
>SN stang
No.

I'm still in China and I have a Crown drift project, getting a Mivec Lancer for a cheap track car
>>
>>14022034
>DR30
>HR30
Whats the difference between the two? I'm not familiar much with the R30
>>
>>14023033
DR30 = FJ20
HR30 = CA18 or L20
>>
>>14023055
Oh, so it's not specific to facelift/pre-facelift models? Thanks, hopefully one day I can afford an R30, by far the best looking Skyline imo
>>
>>14023066
No. DR30 referrs to the RS and has a different front end to the rest
HR30/ER30/VJR30/PJR30/EJR30/VPJR30/VSJR30/UJR30 are the others

V = van/wagon
H = sedan
K = coupe
J = CA18 I think
E = diesel

I don't know what the U means, maybe LPG
>>
>>14022020
I would except that I'm 6'5 and could probably wear it like a roller skate
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.