[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who works at America's Tire, anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (37KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 768x768px
Ask a guy who works at America's Tire, anything.
>>
>>14020823
where's my fucking leatherman you faggot it was in the glovebox when I left my car at your shitty shop
>>
are you a tire
>>
Why aren't you trying to find an actual career?
>>
How much discount can u give me
>>
Why are low profile run flats the best tires
>>
>>14020845
Which store did you go to, and when?

>>14020853
I'm TIREd of living

>>14020856
Because 4 years as infantry in the USMC does nothing for me career wise

>>14020859
a little

>>14020875
Run flats are shit
>>
Guy at discount tire told me 225 front 255rear/18/40 Michelin pilot sports are amazing for my car, is he a lying fuck? Should I order dunlops off tire rack?
>>
>>14021396
Nothing wrong with Michilin pilot sports at all, just don't go full wal-mart like this guy

>>14019512
>>
>>14020823
I jacked a fuckton of ur guyses chapstick when i went to formula drift finals in irwindale last year and have had moisturized lips ever since
>>
File: 20151211_004819.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151211_004819.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>14021419
Forgot pic
>>
>>14021396
too big of a stagger, 20 difference is best most of the time. bigger gap between front and back equals more understeer (but safe if you don't know how to drive)
>>
>>14021396
That's a big stagger, but depending on your driving methods it should be safe.
I wouldn't recommend it, I would feel safest with a 10 difference in sizes.

>>14020823
I didn't even know we had those, what the fuck
>>
>>14020823
I hurt my back and now don't think I would be able to change a tire anymore if I get a flat. What should I do? Call a tow company and have them take it to a tire shop? Or will they install the spare so I can drive to one for it to be plugged/replaced? Also what happens if you don't have the tire in stock, do people leave their flat tired cars there until you do? (deliveries are like next day right?)
>>
>>14022364
No OP, but check the terms service with whatever roadside assistance program you use. AAA would change my flat or bring me gas if I needed, but obviously every conpany could be different.
>>
>>14022364
We do flat repairs for free, but only if the tire is repairable. What would disqualify a tire from being repairable is:
1.) Leak in the sidewall or far shoulder
2.) Tire is older than 10 years old
3.) If it has a gas station/gummy plug (any other plug that is plugged/patched properly is serviceable)
4.) The tire does not have exposed cord

We'll even air check the rest of the tires to make sure they're good, and if any are flat, we'll fix those up too. It's all free, you don't need to be a "member" or buy something beforehand.

We do not have a towing company, so you'll have to figure out a way to get here, you can call the store and ask for a tow if you don't have one, and we'll arrange that aswell.

Also if we don't have the tires in stock, sometimes what we'll do is send one of our workers to another Discount/America's Tire store that's nearby, to pick that specific tire up from there, if they have it in stock. If they don't, then the usual wait time would be a day or two. We get a delivery truck with 300-600+ tires every other day.
>>
>>14022427
*If the tire has exposed cord it is unserviceable
My mistake
>>
>>14022427
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>14020823
My tire has a slow leak but I can't see where it's leaking. It's not punctured anywhere. Could it be that the rim of the wheel is bent too much? I didn't have this problem until I got new tires on.
>>
>>14022501
That could be it, or sometimes we get faulty tires with the beads kind of ripped, or the person mounting it just fucked it up. Bring it in, tell them there's a slow leak, ask them to dunk it and call you out to show you where the leak is coming from.
>>
>>14022514
I'll do that, thanks
>>
>>14022501

bad valve stem?
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 794x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 794x680px
>>14020823
I prefer going to American Tires over Les Schwab due to their brand selection. But why the don't you fags have an allignment rack!?!!
>get new tires at local hurr durr Merican Tires
>"allign muh shitbox after the install, I'll pay whatever the extra cost is"
>"oh...we don't do that here. But I can reccomend this local Russian allignment shop that won't totally rekt you shit at all"
>mfw reccomended shop is only open during m-f 9-5
>mfw have to waste another Saturday sitting at a tire shop(Les Schwab)
>mfw get shit talked by Schwab manager for buying tires from Merican
>FUCK this wouldn't be a problem if Les Schwab carried more than shitTier brands and richfag Toyos
>>
>>14022609
Some shitstain sued us for something concerning alignment, and we just stopped doing it
>>
>>14022627
Fucking good goys ruining shit for the rest of us. I avoid making friends with people that have been involved in lawsuits. Unless there was some serious bodily loss, I believe they are just downright evil individuals for suing
>>
File: 1432417126849.jpg (95KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1432417126849.jpg
95KB, 800x450px
>>14020823
How much of a bitch is it to get TPMS worked on? Payed a mom n pop shop to mount three new tires on existing wheels and swap the full size spare for the fourth... But now one of my TPMS numbers is for my "new" spare tire in the trunk. Is it something that can be done without unmounting the tire? Also, the fuckers either stole (or stripped out) my wheel locks and replaced them with regular nuts. Is that common practice?
>>
>>14022667
We have to dismount the wheel from the vehicle but we don't breakdown the tire itself to replace the TPMS.
We don't charge for labor like that. We only charge if you buy wheels, tires, or sensors.
Rotations, balances, repairs, and whatever other labor you need is completely free.

We pop the top bead, and use a robot arm to lower the sidewall so we can remove and replace the valves and sensors
>>
>>14022667
Also regarding the wheel locks with regular lugs, that's never happened with me. My guess is something happened to the wheel lock key or the actual lugs, and they just replaced them with regular ones. They should have told you about that, I apologize for that.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.