[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did merc kill this off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Why did merc kill this off?
>>
File: letangymerchant.png (462KB, 670x658px) Image search: [Google]
letangymerchant.png
462KB, 670x658px
>>14015868
IT WAS THE JUICE
>>
M156 wouldn't pass new emissions
AMG decided to just make a whole new sports car, the GT, instead of putting a new drivetrain in the SLS.

The SLS sold just enough to step in and walk out of the market. Benz isn't interested in competing with Lambo et al in the 250k+ supercar market.

Spoilers: I've driven both C63s and the new engine sounds 95% as good and pulls everywhere.
Don't cry for the death of the M156
>>
>>14015906
I know but, the doors man. Might as well get the new f type r, new amg gts is ugly af and hard on the wallet
>>
The platform was getting old and Benz no longer had access to the viper team that did a lot or the early development work
>>
>>14015951
>Might as well get the new f type r, new amg gts is ugly af and hard on the wallet
Yeah, well they tried to compete with Porsche with it. The back looks like they knocked off a 991 (because they did).

The thing I don't like about the GTS is that while it is only maybe a foot longer than the 911, it feels twice as big. Has this big long nose, visibility is shit because of the rear pillars..

Also when you put it in gear the ergonomics suck, you have to like reach back for the shifter. It's strange. Their touchpad for controlling the GPS and electronics is in an alright position but it pushes the shifter back too far and makes it awkward to use.

And yeah the gullwing doors are gone but they were gone on the convertible too, and the GTS is a lot cheaper of a car.

>>14015959
Yeah the SLS geometry is basically Viper.
>>
Because they've developed a superior successor.
>>
>>14016047
Which is?
>>
>>14016111
the electric version
>>
>>14016230
Meh
>>
>>14016111
AMG GT

>same size as the SLS
>same weight as the SLS
>roughly similar power as the base model SLS from a more fuel efficient twin turbo 4.0L V8
>high power 6.2L V8 model to be announced
>far better handling than the SLS (which was basically a tire burning machine)
>named Motortrend's 2015 Driver's Car of the year, beating cars like the Corvette Z06 Z07 or Porsche Cayman GT4
And before you compare power output between the models and start to benchrace, remember that the SLS can't put its power down and that the AMG GT will ruin circles around it.
>>
>>14015868
because they wanted a 911 competitor instead of hectic skid machine
>>
>>14016374
Fair enough, I'd just have expected the successor to be in the same price range. But if their higher power version is coming maybe that will be it. I imagine they'll do a Black Series.

You like that yellow? I hate yellow but kinda like it.

>>14016383
>they wanted a 911 competitor
Think they'll steal 911 buyers?
>>
>>14016391
Are you seriously complaining that the far better follow-up is also cheaper than the previous model?

And I don't particularly care for the yellow, it was merely the next best good looking picture I could find in a haste. I'm not gonna browse Google Images for ten minutes to decorate an /o/ post that takes a minute to type.
>>
>>14016415
>Are you seriously complaining that the far better follow-up is also cheaper than the previous model?
I'm not complaining, just figured they'd want another car in the same price range for the money.
>>
>>14016391
I think they will steal 911 buyers because 911 has gotten boring recently, when your rich enough you want something different then everyone else too especially considering most people who can afford a 6 figure sports car probably already had a 911 and maybe want something different
>>
>>14016429
Maybe it just didn't sell as well as expected. Who right in their mind buys a Mercedes-Benz tire burner when they can have a Ferrari California for 20k LESS or a Ferrari 458 for an attainable 40k more?
>>
>>14016449
I think they sold pretty well but took a resale hit later on, now they are more steady. They probably built too many of them if anything.

The SLS Black Series is the one to have resale wise.

>Who right in their mind buys a Mercedes-Benz tire burner when they can have a

>Ferrari California for 20k LESS
That's a chicks Ferrari

>or a Ferrari 458 for an attainable 40k more?
Hard to get unless you have purchased previous Ferraris or are willing to pay over list.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.