[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid fag here How does tuning work? I drive a 2011 Mustang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1449246969847.png (2MB, 1600x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1449246969847.png
2MB, 1600x1181px
Stupid fag here

How does tuning work? I drive a 2011 Mustang GT and it's the car that got into the car hobby. So far I've done an axle back exhaust mod but I'm ready to get a few more things at once. I'm buying a CAI, long tubes and an h pipe.

Thing is, I want to get the most out of it and do tuning but how do tuners work? What's the difference between a handheld tuner and going to a dyno tuner?
>>
File: 1441699077353.jpg (29KB, 370x330px) Image search: [Google]
1441699077353.jpg
29KB, 370x330px
>Must*ng owners
>>
>>14011791
average mustang owner
>>
I don't know op but who is that hunk
>>
Dude, just get a goddamn Roush supercharger kit. Belt-driven, reliable as can be, simple power. Also doesn't void warranty.
>>
Most "tuning", especially on an NA is just getting the best air/fuel mix. On an NA you lean it out - max air to min fuel for more bang. On forced induction you usually run more fuel to compensate for the extra air.

Dont use a handheld, you wont know how it affects you AFR and you might fuck your engine, you probably will.

Get a handheld and take it to a tuner with a dyno - they will set your ratios for you. Or get an aftermarket ecu or a piggyback and take it to a tuner.

Since i said most tuning is for afr, some also fiddle with variable timings ala vtec mivec vvti etc etc..
>>
I know a kid who owns a cobra, got a tunner, blew the motor, his grandparents paid for a rebuild. Put the tunner back on, blew it again, grandparents paid for the rebuild AGAIN, then he clutch kicked into a wall. Top kek
>>
>>14011872
I forgot to add changing spark/ignition timings. My bad
>>
>>14011847

You know the main character in Disney's High School Musical? That's him.

>zac effron
>>
File: DSC_1906.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1906.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
A handheld tuner will get you some power, it has better advantages the more mods you put into it however. The tuner can adjust some parameters of the computer for timing, air/fuel ratio, and shift points on an automatic. I used mine to get settings for the octane at the pump and the shift points are more aggressive. SCT provides good devices, they offer a newer device than mine that has a bigger color screen. You can get them used on ebay for a lot cheaper than retail. I would not bother with one that has "canned" tunes. Find a reputable tuner to give you email tunes, mustang forums probably have some recommendations, I used "Mo's Speed Shop" Google him and send him an email for prices. You can also get a dyno tune locally which is more precise and better for major mods like superchargers. Remember that a tune is only good for the current setup for your car, so I'd recommend putting any bolt ons first if you plan on that before getting a tune.
>>
>>14011791
regardless of what the ignorant fucks on this board will tell you, a handheld tuner from someone reputable like Bama or Livernois will be more than capable of tuning your car accurately for the modifications you have planned. there are plenty of "canned tunes" meaning tunes pre-made for the Mustang for specific setups such as your CAI/LT/H-pipe setup and some places will even sell you a warranty in case something fails, it's blamed on the tuning, and factory warranty will not cover it. on top of that, many handhelds have real-time monitoring features so you can watch your AFR, various temps, pressures and other things while you're driving. I had this feature with my Cobb Accessport V3 on my Focus ST and was able to see that the canned tune I was running was indeed staying within a safe range for AFR.
>>
>>14011852
>doesn't void warranty.
wot?
>>
>>14011822
STOP
MAKE HER STOP LOOKING AT ME WITH THAT FACE
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.