[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

03 Saab 9.5 arc or 04 Volvo S60 2.5T?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: DSC00860[1].jpg (660KB, 1600x1006px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00860[1].jpg
660KB, 1600x1006px
I've been looking for a new car after an accident for the past month, I've narrowed it down to the 03 Saab 9.5 arc (55K miles) or 04 Volvo S60 2.5T (77K miles), I prefer ride quality (low sound, smooth ride, cabin and cargo space) over power, but I'm not really sure which to go with, which does /o/ think? I'm also open to suggestions, the most I'm willing to spend (before fees) is $7K.

Pic sorta related, not the exact volvo, but it's the same color.
>>
Slow day? Y'all negros trippin'.
>>
Maybe the volvo since they're still in business
>>
>>14011401
i would say a gs300 could be nice
>>
>>14011840
>gs300

I was considering that, but finding one with less than 100K miles is a bitch in Chicago.
>>
>>14011401
The t5 is a nice car, and has what you're looking for. Both cars are turbocharged and pretty quick too, and i would suggest that you give it a thorough look before you buy it, as the owner mightve been a nuthead.

My s60 is very comfy, though space in the backseat is crammed, and i would really recommend leather interior.
>>
>>14011996

Yeah, it has a leather interior, and who you mean about the owner being a nuthead? Anything specific?
>>
>>14011401
Saab is definetely the best. It looks the best, it drives the best and is generally a great car.
>>
>>14012030
Well, when looking at the miles a car has been driven, ponder on how they were driven. Miles is not really that important if theyre not redlined all of those miles and if theyre serviced. Is it the 210 or 300 bhp version?
>>
>>14011401
3.0tid
t
i
d

Dooon't buy
>>
>>14012114

210, and I am keeping that in mind, it is a single owner, elderly woman, super nice, I want to keep miles in mind simply because I live in Chicago, and our winters eat up cars like Asians eat rice.

>>14012169

wut?
>>
>>14011401
I love both saab and volvos
if ur looking for comfort you cant go wrong with a volvo
>>
>>14012049
I agree. saab made one sexy car. Im so pissed the deal was never realized. My dream car is a 2011 aero.
>>
I'm still test driving them both, but Volvo seems like it has a more favorable opinion.
>>
my boyfriend owns an S60 like the one you're considering

he's only had 1 problem with it in the past 5 years, and it was the transmission which decided to shit itself and had to be replaced with another one.

besides that, it's a decent car.
>>
>>14013744
What mileage, that's the first I've heard of that happening.
>>
>>14013756

~100k

test drive them both and watch this:
the turning circle of the volvo is cripplingly bad, and can put you in some dangerous situations.
>>
>>14013798
I'm coming from a 98 Intrepid, I know exactly what you mean.
>>
I think you should go with Volvo OP, Saab is out of business and getting work done will be especially troublesome due to that. Plus after GM scooped up Saab, they are more or less GM cars underneath and have engine sludge problems after 2005 or so
>>
>>14014130

Now THIS is the kind of information that I was looking for.
>>
Can anyone weigh in on how the ride quality is in Volvo s60? Is it smooth, is it quiet?
>>
>>14014130
engine sludge model years are 2003 only for the new generation 9-3, and even then its not that bad
>>
>>14015652
What about getting parts or getting a Saab serviced considering they are out of business? Even if OP bought one for the dirt cheap price they go for now, trying to sell it later will be a pain in the ass. I always scan local craigslist, I'm in a big city, and Saabs still sit there for months with the owner lowering the price every week or so.
>>
>>14014081
The Intrepid (37' turning circle) isn't as bad as the S60 (39').

Then there's the S60R at fucking 43'.
>>
>>14014130
>>14015652
All t-7 engines till 2004 had the potential for sludge issue if synthetic was not used and changed atbleast every 5k. This includes 9-3s 2000 to 2002 and 9-5s till 2005.

>>14015666
Saab parts are not an issue, saab service could be, you will need to do your homework and find a saab tech. I probably would not recommend a saab to a non saab / auto person as they will be inclined to take it to any garage and get fucked by a tech that doesn't know the car
>>
>>14015745

I see what you mean, the only Saab tech here in Chicago has some pretty interesting reviews to say the least.

>>14015652

>03
>9-5
>Engine sludge

I've been hearing this a lot as well.

>>14015586

It's very quiet, the last time I Was in one it wasn't so smooth over bumps though, but that one had 220k+ miles on it.
>>
File: 1515616.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1515616.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>14011401
OP, id pick the Volvo. Speaking of own experiences with Volvo´s and SAAB´s, id choose Volvo.

Dont get me wrong, SAABs are nice cars, quirky, but nice.. But as with both cars of that age, you´ll need to either be able to wrench yourself, or have the £$€ to pay someone.

What i know of some things to check before buying a Volvo S60.

:Check the PCV, if the hoose near the oil cap is diamond hard, it's in need of replacement.

:Timing belt, very important thats its been changed, 105,000 miles is the interval for em.

then theres the odd front suspension sounds, that is pretty common for the S60´s, nothing major, just annoying.
So if your able to wrench some, id get the Volvo.
>>
>>14015745
Appreciate the knowledge bro. Not OP but looking at a Saab myself and see a couple really nice Saab 9-3 that are 2003-2005, both are under 3k though and that makes me nervous lol.
>>
>>14017081

Thanks man, I've been working on cars since I was four, and I dropped in my own engine and rebuilt tans for my intrepid, not to mention I've also worked on a 95 940, so I'm fairly certain I can wrench on things that won't result in catastrophic failure.

Any other tips, I think I'm leaning more towards the Volvo at this point.
>>
>>14013457
>Im so pissed the deal was never realized.
I've heard Christian von Koenigsegg's father talk about the business and he pretty much outright said it was the cuntish neoliberal's in government who sabotaged the deal by deliberately fucking them about until it was no longer possible.
Also had an anecdote about the Centre Party's ex-leader bitch coming to the worker's at Saab and saying they should be happy at their "opportunity to re-educate themselves".
>>
File: jan hos øjenlægen.jpg (48KB, 850x512px) Image search: [Google]
jan hos øjenlægen.jpg
48KB, 850x512px
>>14018278
We should have a daily 'waiting for the return of SAAB' thread. Keep them alive for fucks sake. Damn it's such a shame. Damn it! I really feel like a soldier who just lost a bud because he did something stupid in one of those films, or a doctor who lost a patient in one of those hospital series. God damn it!
>>
>>14017454
The 2003+ 9-3 is pretty good. They were using the l850 block which is shared by many many gm vehicles. They are still many many saab unique things about those cars, but not so many that might baffle the average auto tech.
>>
>>14018913
Man that's good news! Another reason I'd like one is when pricing insurance rates, Saab 9-3 2003 in particular seems to be cheapest of any other vehicles I've tried. This is including common stuff like civics and corollas, no clue why. What do you think of this one? http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5300789275.html
>>
someone buy my 07 aero sportcombi manual wagon

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5339151428.html
>>
>>14019397
I sure as fuck would if I lived in AZ f a m
>>
>>14019445
fly n drive ! a flight is like 99 bucks one way
>>
>>14019172
Anyone?
>>
>>14020880
this is a much better deal all around. the 2003 9-3ss is known for having tons of CIM problems and various electrical issues. dont get into that can of worms. Ive owned 5 9-3s from 03-08..

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/5354636574.html
>>
>>14019172

this one has been in an accident according to carfax. If you give me your email i can send you the report if interested.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.