[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1449340339745.jpg (47KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449340339745.jpg
47KB, 720x720px
Well fellas long story short I got t-boned and now it's time for a new car.
My budget looks to be around 10k (hopefully). I would like to get something fun like an STI or something similar like an EVO. Trying to avoid another fwd car. So what's out there? What should I look for?
>>
>inb4 Mustang
That's not an option.
>>
>>14004530
Why don't you post a picture of your wrecked car and tell us the story behind it?
>>
File: Snapchat-2224180618058309207.jpg (543KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2224180618058309207.jpg
543KB, 720x1280px
I was going through an intersection and some ass-hat ran a stop sign, and bang it was all over.
>>
E39 540i
do et
fun + comfort + reliability
>>
>>14004651
If I could find an estate with manual that would most definitely float my boat
>>
>>14004530
s4?
>>
I think an evo or sti are still upwards of 15k for the older versions. If you want a project car 10k could get you a r32 GTR. Just gotta drive it over the boarder and start building!
>>
>>14004726
Trying to avoid Audi's, no one around where I am can service them with shitting the bed
>>
>>14004530
SC300/400
>>
>>14004755
ah thats a shame. 10k isnt enough for a good evo or sti.

m3?
>>
Mustang not an option?
Camaro/Vette.
>>
>>14004530
10 corollas
>>
>>14004530
20 Twingos
>>
File: 2007 wrx.jpg (691KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
2007 wrx.jpg
691KB, 1600x1071px
>>14004593

What's wrong with getting another Acura? You're basically driving the God of FWD cars desu. About the only thing better are hot hatches like the Speed3, but they don't make those anymore. A used one is not a good idea, either.

Don't get a used BMW unless you like spending money on parts and repairs. They will cost you more to own, this is undeniable. They might not be a total piece of shit that breaks down, but they are objectively less reliable and more expensive to repair than most other cars.

You won't get a proper Evo or STI for 10 grand. You might find a rusted one that's nearly dead and has a bunch of problems. Or you'll get an ancient one with high mileage, and probably lots of rust.

You could possibly find a WRX, they're a nice balance and cost less to own than an STI. Remember, anything with an STI badge is going to cost more for parts. The same rings true for most "tuner" models, like BMW M series.

Remember: the more complicated the vehicle, the more shit there is to go wrong. FWD cars are nice and simple. I went from driving a FWD Mazda3 to an AWD RAV4, and you instantly have more to deal with. Transfer case, differential fluid changes. Driveshaft maintenance, including recently having it rebuilt because STAKED IN FUCKING NON-REPLACEABLE U-JOINTS WHAT THE FUCK TOYOTA.

Anything RWD will likely be too expensive for you, or it will be North American trash. Older BMW might be viable, but I'd probably look for AWD Subies.
>>
If you go a bit over that you could get a 90's jap car from an importer. R32 gtst prices are like 12k and you can find a twin turbo 90 supra for 12-14k
>>
6 speed C5 would be cool
>>
>>14004890
Here in Calgary the Speed6 is around 10k

I drive a Mazda 6 though, FWD but has a decent amount of power and great handling, not that I throw it around corners
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.