[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice on learning manual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1140513881241556909.jpg (38KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
1140513881241556909.jpg
38KB, 800x531px
Hey /o, I've been wanting to learn manual for a couple of months but both my parents own auto's so i started saving my earnings for a car and its come to the point of buying one. I've had my heart set on a mazda mx5 Na for a couple of years (before i got my learners permit). So i found a nice clean one and asked my parents if i could buy it, they said yes at first but insist that i spend money on a throw away car to learn on first so i dont trash a miatas gearbox (asking them to buy the car is definitely a big no) but at 18 i dont see how i could throwaway a weeks worth of work on a car to scarp just to learn manual. Please help me /o your my only hope
>>
>>14002247
Well, when i was 18 i bought a Miata for $1k as a car to learn stick on... I don't see why you couldn't do the same it's a good car to learn on.
>>
Its all in the pedals
>>
>>14002247
You can learn manual in a good car, no problem. Worst case scenario you burn up the clutch, but you'd have to be full retarded to do that. Your gearbox will be totally fine.
>>
gee i havent seen this thread before
>>
>>14002247
>Please help me /o your my only hope
your fucked cunt
>>
>Clutch disconnects engine from wheels
>Press it when shifting/starting from a stop

That's all you need to know. I have no idea how people are struggling with such a simple concept. It was hard the first 3 minutes then it was pretty much natural.
>>
>>14002269
then hide it faggot
>>
learning manual doesnt take long. and certainly not long enough to ruin your gearbox. unless if you grind rather than pulling out you push harder like an idiot
>>
>>14002261
>>14002247
What they said.
>>
>>14002356
This right here. Took me about that long and I ended up driving home and only stalled it once. Never stalled since
>>
>>14003224
It's not rocket surgery
>>
>>14002247
>but insist that i spend money on a throw away car to learn on first
Isn't that the point of learning manual on a miata? Unless your parents think that the Miata means something as sportsy as a ferrari you will be fine.
>>
>>14002247
http://www.wikihow.com/Drive-Manual
>>
Learn on the Miata you'll be okay.

We'll teach you
>>
File: 1448400497838.jpg (33KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1448400497838.jpg
33KB, 500x376px
I had my first driving lesson today. I had to drive a manual. It didn't go so well, i had a hard time working the clutch and stuff while also trying not to panic because i had to drive in the city.
>>
>>14002356
>clutch disconnects engine from the wheels
implying the engine is ever connected to the wheels
>>
>>14008479
He's not technically wrong, there's just more to the car than engine and wheels.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.