[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reliable scoobies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: cars_subaru outback 2005-2.jpg (96KB, 1398x753px) Image search: [Google]
cars_subaru outback 2005-2.jpg
96KB, 1398x753px
I'm considering getting a battle wagon for northeast winters

subies are thick on the ground here in massachusetts

for various reasons it'd need to be an 07+ for 7 grand or less, this pretty much leaves me with;
>-subaru impreza hatchback 07-09
>-subaru outback wagon 07-09
>-subaru forester 07-08

which of these would be the most reliable and easiest to take care of? That is by far the top priority for me.
>>
There are already 3+ Subaru lesbian wagon threads in the catalog, all of which were on the front page within the last 15 minutes

Kill yourself
>>
>>14001321
>Reliable scoobies
No such thing. Sorry bud
>>
>>14001321
Consider a Volvo wagon, perhaps an XC70.
>>
>>14001362
any particular reason? are they much more reliable in that year range?

mostly i'm in it for the subie awd which is god tier
>>
>>14001321
Those cars are all pretty much the same mechanically, it boils down to which one was taken care of the best.

>>14001343
I know this is b8, but mine (98 Legacy 2.5) has been reliable for the 3 years I've had it, basically all I've had to replace on it is a timing belt, knock sensor, and a radiator.
>>
>>14001321
Op have your pic on the 3 because it literally doesn't matter at all, they all share so many common factors and parts they're barely different in the catigorys your asked about. When you get into engine options it changes slightly but not really... op just pick which one you think looks the best and will fit your life best and that's the one.
>>
>>14001409
>>14001413
didn't realize they were so similar
isn't there a number of engine options and some of them have headgasket issues or something?
>>
>>14001426
07+ is very rare for headgasket issues on naturally aspirated cars, the only ones known for being guaranteed to need headgaskets are the 95-99 EJ25D and the 00-04 EJ251. The EJ253 is in all three of those cars, it'll be just fine. The only differences will be the gearing in the transmissions. It has a 10.0:1 compression ratio, so even if it recommends 87 you should put 89 in it.
>>
>>14001426
You have between them, 2.5i engine (sohc)
2.5 turbo
3.0 h6 which I know came in the outbacks but cant recall off the top of my head what else it went into, I know not the impreza.

The 2.5i motor is the one that is known for hg issues as its basically unchanged since 99, when they put in a graphite base hg. These seem to breakdown easily when they sit or get a bit old.
A bit of research will tell you when they did away with these gaskets. Either way a 2.5 that was taken care of really shouldn't give you problems, especially when you're looking at 07 and up.
>>
>>14001426
Yes the 2.5 engines blow head gaskets and dump coolant and oil out.
Subaru made a head gasket that was supposed to fix the problem if it was replaced.
>>
>>14001497
>>14001507
ok so it sounds like a lot of the issues i heard of were long before 08, thats good to hear!
>>
>>14001385
>subie awd god tier

kek.. check the volvo and the subaru on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpp5tW71qYI
>>
>>14001497
3.0 h6 in the svx
>>
none because subies are unreliable garbage
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.