[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Identify this car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1449547540347.jpg (184KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
1449547540347.jpg
184KB, 600x418px
Apparently this is a north korean designed/built car.
What does /o/ think?
>>
>>14001269
>What does /o/ think?
Well, I don't know what the fuck it is, so what am I supposed to think of it based on a garbage picture of the ass end?
>>
>>14001278
That's all that I have. You're not suppose to take picture outside of the designated area. So any idea if this is a clone?
>>
>>14001294
Ban evading faggot shitposter
>>
I never realized how retarded /o/ was, you guys make /pol/ look smart
>>
File: image.png (167KB, 567x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
167KB, 567x325px
After intensive google searching, I can say with certainty that car is a Pyeongwha Hwiparam 2.

Now what is a Hwiparam 2? Its a North Korean copy of a chinese car called the Brilliance BS4, a sedan that was to sell in Germany but its launch was cancelled at the last minute because of its poor crash test safety ratings (0 stars).

Pyeongwha itself is one of North Korea's only civilian automobile manufacturers, one of the only ones to advertise, and even though they have the facilities to make thousands more, they only make and sell about 300-400 cars a year because these horribly built cars are luxury items that are out of reach to people who don't care anyways because they are constantly starving and afraid of being sent to prison camps.

Yeah, this country desperately needs a revolution. Even if the chinese do it, that would still be 1000x better than the crackheads who rule that roost.
>>
>>14001533
Thank you for your research.
Is there a legitimate chance that they could export these to Europe? Like would germany even allow that, with NK piss poor human rights record?
>>
>>14001549
No, and if so, why would you even want one?

South Korean cars are just now getting better. Western countries don't even get Chinese branded cars.
>>
>>14001549
I don't honestly know. Probably not, nor that you would want one considering they are even worse copies of chinese or south korean cars.

Maybe if China was able to change North Korea from a despotic hermit dictatorship into a place sort of like Cuba that you could at least do business in without worrying about workers being dragged off and murdered by state police (and that you can feed them well and ensure their families are also taken care of), North Korea might be a place to export goods. But that's a far off dream at the present, considering what the reality has been for decades.
>>
>>14001582
To be fair, Chinese cars are only just beginning to make progress in Western markets.

Volvo is slowly introducing more chinese-manufactured cars into their lineup, and GM is going to be selling the Buick Envision in North America next year, which is chinese manufactured.

I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years some of the bigger chinese brands or those known for their relative quality decided to open up shop in the West.
>>
>>14001269
Isnt it Illegal to own a car in nk unless youre in the government?
>>
>>14001582
There are plenty of chinese cars in central america
>>
>>14001748
in fact, all latin america got chinese brands except for México
>>
>>14001630
Pretty much

Even so, some wealthy people are able to afford cars. And they have food to eat. And some quality bootlegs of movies from South Korea and Japan, so life isn't too terrible for them.
>>
>>14002161
>And some quality bootlegs of movies from South Korea and Japan, so life isn't too terrible for them.

>neighbour snitches on you for having bootlegs when he happens to see you watching them on your 4" portable dvd player through the bedsheet over your window
>get tied to a post and shot or sent to a re-education camp along with all of your immediate family that you've tainted with your treachery.

Yeah, not so bad.
>>
>>14001269

It looks like a car.
>>
>>14002187
you forget one thing:
>wealthy

I'm betting a place like North Korea has a vibrant Black Market and officials who can be bought off pretty easy, given you have the money to actually do that.
>>
>>14001533
>Hating on Best Korea
>>
>>14001582
Australia has a Chinese brand, the cars are fucking garbage though.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 1280x960px
>>14002250
Have you heard of Qoros before?

They apparently make some pretty decent cars. Surprisingly good crash test ratings and comfortable for their low price.
>>
>>14002266
We only get Great Wall to my knowledge. They're absolute shit.
>>
>>14002276
Great Wall is definitely developing world-tier.

Thats why they gotta get some of the better chinese brands out of the country and into the international market.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.